Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: ....well, dammit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: (CNN) -- Paul Harvey, the legendary radio host whose career sharing "the rest of the story" with listeners spanned
more than 70 years, has died, according to ABC Radio Networks.

He was 90.

Harvey died at a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona, where he kept a winter home, said Louis Adams, a spokesman for the networks. He was surrounded by family
members when he died, Adams said.

Known for his deliberate delivery and pregnant pauses, Harvey's broadcasts were heard on more than 1,200 radio stations and 400 Armed Forces networks and
his commentaries appeared in 300 newspapers, according to his Web site.
At least if he had to go, it looks like it was peaceful.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
And now HE knows....

The rest of the Story.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
*wipes a tear form his eye*

Good day...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Sigh... dammnit...

I know I'm going to be absently tuning in that time of day and all of a sudden hit by the fact that now I DON'T know... the rest of the story.

Irreplaceable loss to Americana. He was to the airwaves what Norman Rockwell was to art.

Paul Harvey - you'll be sorely missed... Good Day sir!
Quote: Logan Darklighter wrote:

Sigh... dammnit...

I know I'm going to be absently tuning in that time of day and all of a sudden hit by the fact that now I DON'T know... the rest of the story.

Irreplaceable loss to Americana. He was to the airwaves what Norman Rockwell was to art.

Paul Harvey - you'll be sorely missed... Good Day sir!

Paul Harvey was a racist. reactionary asshole who supported genocide, slavery and the deployment of nuclear weapons in Afganistan.

Good riddance is more like it.

------------------

Epsilon
... um, Ep?

Granted that he might just have been a master of spin control, but, I've never heard any of that and a quick search doesn't turn anything up.

Not to be a dink, but, cite? I'd like to know if someone I respected actually held such unrespectable views.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
... I'm not at all sure what to say, really.

I mean, I never once heard any of that... but I can't argue against recorded audio in Harvey's own voice, either.

Gah, this sucks.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs