Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Snow day...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the wake of the winter storm that hit New Jersey last night, Peggy's got the whole day off (an amazing thing, she notes, as her boss never closes for inclement weather), and I have a delay until 10 AM (with a "call back at 8:30 to make sure we're not
actually closed all day" caveat).

I hear the snow hit as far south (in the US) as Alabama, who get significant snow maybe once every ten or fifteen years. So, anyone else get inconvenienced by
the white stuff?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Not me, which considering the weather this winter in my neck of Canuckia, is downright creepy.

CrimsonKMR

I hate hearing all the news reporters and weatherpeople saying "If you can, don't drive today! Stay home!" etc...

When I hear that, I'M ALREADY AT WORK! Sad
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
got a foot this friday/saturday, no big deal, no delays or slowdowns or closures.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Well, of course not Wired. Where you live a foot of it is NOTHING... people dont start worrying till it gets over their heads!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
[Image: umyeah.png]

I don't get it.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Yeah, where I am it's like a little dusting... I might get hit tomorrow when it circles back.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Sunny, cool, and dry here. Of course, Dallas is rationed one day of snow per year, plus we're on the shortlist of alternates if another city doesn't
need it. We've already had our two days.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
jpub Wrote:Not me, which considering the weather this winter in my neck of Canuckia, is downright creepy.
Likewise, from Ottawa (although we've had a lot less snow this winter than we had last year).

In fact, it would be a wonderful day to go out and take a walk here... if I hadn't sprained my foot.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Washington state checking in. I'm getting lots of warm snow.

Which, admittedly, makes for somewhat easier driving, but I'm getting sick of breathing water.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Snerk... Here along the N Cali coast it feels like its trying to make up for an otherwise dry winter in a single day of rain.

NO QUARTER!!!
Sunny here in Roatan. I am off for a swim, I will say hello to the reef fish - including Charlie - who is queer.
We've got um...65-70 degree weather, up here in the mountains? But then, Montrose, CO has always been a weather black hole. We don't see half the
storms that apparently roll over the mountains.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Chilly, but no snow, here in Rochester NY.

On the other hand, Richmond Virginia - where the people I provide computer support to are mostly located - had nine inches of snow, and the Capital One main
campus was shut down.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

yumekochan

Ooh, another Colorado person. I'm in the Springs and it was about the same here ^_^

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3
Quote:I'm in the Springs

My condolences.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
We had about a foot of snow here, got classes canceled. Its not unusual to get heavy snows here in the App's, though it is reportedly the largest snowing
in the last 10 years. I can't say I've seen it come this late before, in my 2 years of living up here abouts.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Here in Ypsilanti (just west of Detroit), the streets and sidewalks are clear and dry -- there're occasional patches of dirty snow on lawns, but none has
come out of the sky for several days. Possible flurries were predicted earlier today, but I've seen no sign of it. It's fairly cold, though; the high
today was 20 Fahrenheit, and 28 expected tomorrow.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

HoagieOfDoom

Vermont reporting in: nothing particularly unusual here. 4 inches, maybe. I had high hopes for snow accumulation though; I'd heard that Mass was supposed
to get up to 16 inches.
Santa Cruz: lots of rain. Cold. Foolish Lurker went out with only a flimsy raincoat instead of a parka.

Lurker sick now. Tongue

--Sam

"So, foul gelatin, you would do battle with the nose of your birth?!"
Query Lurker....

did you do that before or after you heard people up weather of you were considering building arks?

NO QUARTER!!!
Oh, before. Smile

--Sam

"I didn't want to have to do this... I mean, I really didn't want to have to do this!"
About 120 miles south of teh spud here, still in Washington State.

And we are drowning in rain... so much rain O.o