Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Nanoha Vivid 01
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Click http://www.mediafire.com/?vdzovzltjmu]HERE to download.

Looks interesting.

Edit: Looks like the http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sho ... he_comics/]Strikers manga has updated as well.
I do have a couple of quibbles, but they're pretty minor.

All in all, not bad.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Looks to be quite interesting. Second Generation Nanoha!
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Peg and I just finished A's last night... Does anyone know if there's going to be a StrikerS box set any time soon?

(Oh, and dl'ing this. Oh yes.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
The fansub for StrikerS is still listed at AnimeSuki, so that season hasn't been licenced yet. Which means no boxset in the near future...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Thanks! (I realize now that I mistook import DVDs on Amazon/DDD/etc. for licensed dubs...) Time to run over to AnimeSuki...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I've got the YesY sub, if it matters. (Then again, I prefer to not download the best-quality fansub available, since these aren't supposed to be
replacements for buying the DVDs...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Hm. Looks like at least one of my assumptions about the canon core cast is in the process of being sniped out from under me.

Ah, well. Can't complain, but sometimes I still do. ^_^
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

CrimsonKMR

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Peg and I just finished A's last night... Does anyone know if there's going to be a StrikerS box set any time soon?

(Oh, and dl'ing this. Oh yes.)
FUNimation has started asking Youtube to pull StrikerS clips down (see thread here), and I do know from speaking to the senior brand manager at AB that they are looking
into sequels to series they have. So I'd expect it Soon(TM) but nothing official as of yet.
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
....okay, that was adorable on a number of levels.

But my favorite line of the whole thing has to be:

"Nanoha-mama! You didn't explain to Fate-mama?!"

"Um, well.....I....forgot."

"FORGOT?!"

Fate's expression was priceless.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Well. Vivio is still incredibly cute and adorable Smile
Quote: Valles wrote:

Hm. Looks like at least one of my assumptions about the canon core cast is in the process of being sniped out from under me.

Ah, well. Can't complain, but sometimes I still do. ^_^

Which one is that? Wink
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I'm not sure I like Vivio going into Grown Up Mode during her Set Up, but I like her Device name. (To me, it kinda cheapens her origin slightly.. she got
her powers the bad way before.. working back up to that level would make her more badass later.)
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
I'd figured Vivio had three mommies, and possibly a papa. Which hasn't been ruled out yet, as such, and might not be if they decide to keep up the
shipteasing re: Yuuno and Nanoha, but likely isn't part of the canon's mindset.

Pity, that. ^_^
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote: Berk wrote:

I'm not sure I like Vivio going into Grown Up Mode during her Set Up, but I like her Device name. (To me, it kinda cheapens her origin slightly.. she got
her powers the bad way before.. working back up to that level would make her more badass later.)
I'm fine with it, given it looks like Nanoha and Vivio planned it that way... and because Fate's reaction was, as is often the case with
Fate, utterly adorable Smile
Quote: Matrix Dragon wrote:

I'm fine with it, given it looks like Nanoha and Vivio planned it that way... and because Fate's reaction was, as is often the case with Fate,
utterly adorable Smile

I guess it depends how its treated later. With Vivio's uniquely physical style, it might be very useful to have more mass to work with.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead