Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: SW: The Old Republic MMO trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.swtor.com/medi...ceived-cinematic-trailer

OMFG.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Now if the GAME is as good as the trailer.... Good GOD...
If the game is anythign other than "grind-farm-grind-farm-raid-grind-farm" like 99.99% of MMOs then I might try it out.

----------------------

Epsilon

Herr Bad Moon

I'd pay to see that movie.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Lum had some interesting comments on they hype
beginning to crank up around TOR.

Folks have short memories.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

WengFook

Hmm. I can't say I am feeling hyped by the trailer. I think it had badly chosen moments for the slow-mo and a slow fight scene on par with episode 4's
fight scene with Vader and Obi-Wan.

I also think that if one strips away all the history and movies, the trailer would feel and look like a odd mix between the old and new trilogies. Almost like
this was an alternate universe instead of thousands of years before the movies.

Ayiekie

I approve of Darth Whatever's henchbabes. I also approve of divorcing the setting from the movies, as that's basically why KOTOR worked so well.
Divorcing it from KOTOR is more painful, but probably necessary (or else you'd run the risk of PCs being overshadowed by you-know-who).

Of course, many MMOs have promised exciting combat and storylines. Few have even begun to deliver, so we'll see if this does any better. Its pedigree (not
just KOTOR, but Bioware) will at least make me check it out.

Herr Bad Moon

Quote: WengFook wrote:

I also think that if one strips away all the history and movies, the trailer would feel and look like a odd mix between the old and new trilogies. Almost
like this was an alternate universe instead of thousands of years before the movies.

I'm confused, is this bad? One would think eliminating the baggage from the movies and keeping what made Star Wars good is the essence of Adaption
Distillation.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
One must remember that, even before its final decay, the Republic had essentially been in a steady state for millenia, in terms of both technology and culture.
Our own current society gives us the wrong instincts to understand that.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."