Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: An icon is gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

yumekochan

Farrah Fawcett passed away 25 minutes ago from cancer. I shall bow my head and be thankful that she is free from pain now.

--Amanda
"Hey, it's not like dying is on my schedule for this week."
--Yumeko Asagiri, Bubblegum Crisis: The Next Generation, part 3
Agreed. Requiescat in pacem, Farrah.

Especially since I had a beach towel when I was a kid with her face plastered on it when she was in Logan's Run...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
And now she truely is an Angel.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
I had THE famous poster of her when I was in Junior High. Possibly the first "celebrity crush" I ever had. I can't think of words foul enough to
express my outrage at the universe. Just thinking of the pain she must've suffered. Beyond all suffering now, though.
well, some good to go with the bad there, Epsilon
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Ayiekie

Wow, that was classy. Condolences to both their families and friends.
Peggy and I were just talking of this a few minutes ago. (She's suddenly feeling an intense sensation of age and mortality, I might note.) In a way, this
is the death of our young adulthoods -- Farrah was the 70s, and Jackson was the 80s, symbolically...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Michael's death... I think he may have brought it on himself. Some of those cosmetic procedures he underwent, the skin lightening in particular, are
extremely bad for your health.
Word on CBS radio here this morning was that overuse of prescription drugs might have contributed -- he had a Demerol shot right before collapsing, reportedly
-- but it won't be known for sure until the toxicology reports come back in a few weeks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.