Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: This is what I get for not calling ahead...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took a day off work yesterday, and decided to visit Toronto to do some shopping. (Left at 09:30, got back at 00:30 this morning) I filled more than a few
holes in my music collection thanks to the used-CD stores, so that was a "win".

As long as I was in town, I decided to see what was available in the way of anime collectables, so I went to Kikiwai -- to discover the store closed and up for
sale. Aargh!

Now where the heck am I going to get pencilboards? The Anime Stop (the anime store in Ottawa) doesn't sell them.

Maybe the collective knows: Anyone know of any good anime-collectable stores in Toronto or Montréal? Montréal would be better, since it's half as far from
Ottawa as Toronto. (I suspect the Montréal stores will advertise at Worldcon next month, but I can't go to Worldcon... )
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Rob: What about the Comic Book Shoppe on Merivale? I used to go there all the time when I lived there 10 years ago.
They're the ones who own the Anime Stop. (They spun off the anime lines into their own store, in the same mall, a few years ago.) Hmmmmm... maybe
they'd be interested in buying Kikiwai's back stock. Must remember to mention the situation to them the next time I'm in.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012