Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: United breaks guitar, United got OWNED!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You may remember this story from a couple weeks back, but WOW....

United Airlines Breaks Guitars, Loses $180
Million
After Canadian singer Dave Carroll takes his story to YouTube

Holy SHIT!!!

Quote:
"When airlines damage or lose their passenger's luggage, they normally - perhaps
grudgingly - end up paying back compensation of a few hundred pounds. But United Airlines are much more out of pocket in this case. The company has lost 10per cent of their share value - a massive $180million - after being blamed for
damaging a musician's guitar. Canadian singer Dave Carroll composed 'United Breaks Guitars' after his Taylor acoustic was damaged at
Chicago's O'Hare airport." the Mail writes.

**Awed applause for Dave Carroll.**

And there's still
more good news.

Quote:

"I promised the last person to finally say 'no' to compensation ... that I would write and produce three songs about my experience with United
Airlines and make videos for each to be viewed online by anyone in the world."

He followed through with his threat. He posted his country ode, "United Breaks Guitars," on YouTube Monday. Since then, the video has been viewed
more than half a million times and is a hit with the media.

United apologized, plans to use the video internally to help "change its culture," and, according to a spokeswoman for the carrier:

"We are in conversation with one another to make what happened right."

The lesson here? Don't piss off a musician.

And finally:

Quote: And Carroll's not finished yet. He has promised to write two further tunes. The next one, due later this summer will feature his dealings with a
customer service agent named Ms Irlweg, '"in a very light hearted way'" he said.

Carroll says he is no longer angry and had a blast recording United'and looks forward to producing the rest of trilogy.

"They've given me a creative outlet that has brought people together from around the world" he writes.
"Thanks United! If my guitar had to be smashed due to extreme negligence, I'm glad it was you that did it."

OOOOHHHHH!!!!!! BUUUUURN!!!!!!

SLAM-O-RAMA!!!!