Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 (/showthread.php?tid=7575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Sirrocco - 11-02-2006

Dupree from Girl Genius.
Mell from Narbonic
They'd just get along so *well* together. They'd get along like a house on fire.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Valles - 11-02-2006

...'Weinu Borusa'?

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - drakensis - 11-02-2006

Quote:
...Drakensis, if you don't use this, I will never forgive you.
Bully.
Still, I'll consider it.D for Drakensis
Contagious, rampant insanity isnt against the rules.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Rieverre - 11-02-2006

Quote:
...'Weinu Borusa'?
Come now, Nate. How can you not know the legendary-if-he-weren't-so-good-at-avoiding-attention
shinobi whom Orochimaru _begged_ to come to the Sound because of his mastery of the art of navigating by sound alone and moving in such utter stillness that not even the Sannin could locate him? Not to mention more tricks and odd/inventive tools than nearly all shinobi of the Leaf combined.
Also known as Bruce Wayne.
I'd have been more in favor of 'Arrado Kenta', though.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - ECSNorway - 11-02-2006

Quote:
I'd have been more in favor of 'Arrado Kenta', though.
Who do you think was Weinu-san's own Jounin-sensei, as Yondaime was for Kakashi? [Image: smile.gif] --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - ECSNorway - 11-02-2006

(Briefly tempted to add to Weinu Borusa's saga a visit from his old teacher, and Arrado-san's new apprentice, Takamachi Nanoha, though...)
ETA: Perhaps Arrado-san will even take on a full genin team... Takamachi-san, Tesutarossa Feito, and Yagami Hayate?--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - SkyeFire - 11-03-2006

ECSNorway said:
(Briefly tempted to add to Weinu Borusa's saga a visit from his old teacher, and Arrado-san's new apprentice, Takamachi Nanoha, though...)
ETA: Perhaps Arrado-san will even take on a full genin team... Takamachi-san, Tesutarossa Feito, and Yagami Hayate?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay. That's scary. In a GOOD way.
And since we're all doing Naruto Xovers, may I throw out a "Crossover that might just work"?
ANBU: Konoha Security Section Nine.
It started as a joke, but if you replace cyberbrain diving with high-end genjutsu, give team members bodies upgraded with experimental medi-nin processes (and maybe a few cleaned-up reverse-engineered downgraded forms of Snakeface's cursed seal)... the one thing I can't find a way to fit in yet is the Tachikomas. And Section Nine NEEDS Tachikomas -- it just isn't complete otherwise.

Re: Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2006

Quote:
the one thing I can't find a way to fit in yet is the Tachikomas. And Section Nine NEEDS Tachikomas -- it just isn't complete otherwise.
Two words: Possesed Golems.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group, LLC
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer

What!? Were you expecitng something witty?

Re: Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - Valles - 11-03-2006

Quote:
Two words: Possesed Golems.
Bah. Spider-summons.

Re: Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - ECSNorway - 11-03-2006

Hmmmm.
I can just imagine the look on the faces of some young genin when they meet Mitarashi Anko and Kusanagi Motoko, then... put those two in the same village? DAYAMN. [Image: smile.gif] --
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Re: Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - Valles - 11-03-2006

Mweh. Heh. Heh.
Mitarashi Anko. Kusanagi Motoko. Well, yes, they're scary.
But the question you should be asking yourself is, who was the third member of that Genin cell?
Ja, -n

Re: Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - Herr Bad Moon - 11-03-2006

Quote:
Mweh. Heh. Heh.
Mitarashi Anko. Kusanagi Motoko. Well, yes, they're scary.
But the question you should be asking yourself is, who was the third member of that Genin cell?
Ahem!---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Re: Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - Evil Midnight Lurker - 11-03-2006

Ah yes, Kairu Serina... ^.^
--Sam
"I am vengeance, I am the night, I am in desperate need of a personality transplant."

Re: Mahou Kunoichi Nanoha-chan - Black Aeronaut - 11-03-2006

Quote:
Bah. Spider-summons.
Wouldn't that use an awful lot of Chakra to have them running around all the time? I think that a possessed spider-golem would probably work out better. Besides, I can just see Batou fussing around with them. Only the best for his pets, you know.

What!? Were you expecitng something witty?

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Elsa Bibat - 11-03-2006

Browsing 4chan when I saw this hoax post:
"LONDON, ENGLAND - The British Broadcasting Company has just announced a landmark business deal that will allow the characters of Shueisha Publishing's Read or Die to have recurring roles in the legendary British science-fiction drama, Doctor Who. Read or Die creator Hideyuki Kurata, when questioned, said "I am both very excited and somewhat worried. While I am assured that Yomiko Readman and her allies will be treated with the utmost respect to how I have written them, I am wary to allow such a project to go through without my supervision." The characters are slated to appear during Series 3 of the program, airing in Spring of 2007."
Now, that is bad...lol.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Sirrocco - 11-05-2006

With the spiders, you could easily just make it a bloodline thing. You've got the Shino with their kikai bugs, you've got the Kiba with their dogs - nothing stops you from having a family that has a special summon/bloodline/oddity fu with spiders.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Black Aeronaut - 11-05-2006

True.
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

relatively speaking - Rieverre - 11-05-2006

I noticed I hadn't been filling my 'WTF?' quota lately, so ...

He'd gone right past annoyed, which was sort of a default setting for his mood anyway, so that wasn't much of an achievement.
Still, when you're on the way to visit someone who was quite possibly the last remaining living relative you have, a child, _and_ one with what you've been told were serious health-related issues, and you run into a kekkai ...
By the time he'd made his way to the hospital, he was well on the familiar way of being angry.
Barrier spells were rarely a good thing, the few times he'd come across them over the years always leading to more headaches than was considered strictly healthy.
Then again, if you were to go by what's considered strictly healthy, the redhead would be a dead man walking several times over by now.
And he'd been trying to get _away_ from that sort of thing lately. Trouncing that Ash asswipe had been more trying than he'd expected ...
Unfortunately, the few times he'd ever gone on 'vacation' hadn't turned out well at all either. Mostly in broken guitars, massive property damage, and getting accosted by lawyers for the following several weeks until he managed to instill a sense of self-preservation into those pathetic leeches again.
So he'd tried for something new, and when an old acquaintance had mentioned that apparently there was one surviving relative he didn't know about out there ... initially, it had been something said person had dug up for blackmail purposes, until they realized that sort of thing wouldn't do any good against him.
Here he was, then ... and Japan still hadn't changed much. Was that a good or a bad thing? Eh. Who cared?
Well, he'd supposed he needed to try, at least.
What he was doing was going entirely against character, though. Not working himself to near death in training? Not seeking revenge, or going on rampages, or whatnot? Actually trying out this 'emotions other than blinding rage and casual disdain' crap?
Yup.
At least, he'd been _willing_ to give it a shot and a look see.
Which was when the kekkai had come up, and wouldn't you know it, from what he was feeling it was centered on his destination.
Maybe the crappy luck was a family thing?
The barried wasn't much of a problem - it took a few minutes for him to figure out a way to get in. He didn't, whereupon he got frustrated and ripped his way into it with his usual amount of finesse. Meaning none.
Likewise, getting to the hospital hand't been much of an issue, what with the streets mostly empty ...
... which was when the damn fruit had popped up behind him, trying to do _something_. Glowing hands were rarely a good sign, in his experience.
That was about the final straw.
He could feel, clearly, and for the first time in a while, a resonance that _wasn't_ the Magatama in his ki. A bundle of emotions, predominantly concern turning into dispair, and an odd sort of innocence ...
The mask wearing fruitcake was saying something about not interfering.
He snickered. He chuckled. He laughed his trademark 'I'm psychotic, and you've just pissed me off _and_ stood in my way. What do you _think_ I'm going to do to you?' laugh.
The fruitcake was grabbed, slammed into a wall, and thrown clear up the staircase and through the closed metal door leading out onto the hospital's roof.
Then he changed, the former image fading away as the now distinctly female form twisted and touched down to land ... whereupon she was thrown back by an explosion of writhing purple flame, slammed into the tall security fence that went along the rooftop's edges,
The redhead didn't react much to the change, even as he flicked the remaining purple flickers from his hand.
They sizzled and burned through the roof's concrete surface.
He stepped out into the open, dusted off his leather jacket, and took stock of the situation.
Several brats with weapons that fairly bled off a feeling of 'power'. One of them was looking at the chick he'd just made extra crispy with the sort of expression that would have made other think he'd just been kicked square in the nads, were he a few years older. A babe with a sword that felt roughly the same way. Another masked fruitcake hiding in the wings.
None of them gave off the impression they'd just come together for afternoon tea, that much was certain.
All of them were pretty much frozen in the middle of whatever they'd been doing when he'd started making like a flamethrower.
Yeah. Power or no power, the Magatama was nasty enough that it had that sort of effect on people regardless.
Ah. There we go. Little girl in a wheelchair.
Even if he hadn't seen her pictures, he'd have known the instant he felt that ki.
"You're Yagami Hayate?"
One of the brats, the babe with the sword, and another 'presence' a way off on another rooftop tensed. The little girl nodded, hesitantly.
"I'm yer cousin Iori."
Lone Orochi and Cub
a King of Fighters/Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
crossover/fusion
Whereupon the Book of Darkness whimpers and hides behind Hayate, because it may be 'evil', but it's nowhere near insane enough to risk getting this nutjob riled up.
*snickers*
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Re: relatively speaking - The Hunterminator - 11-05-2006

Oh. Bloody. Fucking. Hell.
Griever, you have, once again, broken my brain.

Re: relatively speaking - Bob Schroeck - 11-06-2006

Whereas, I am simply lost, cool as this sounds.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Iori Yagami - Foxboy - 11-06-2006

Iori Yagami is the psychotic endboss(?) of one of the King of Fighters games. Total nutjob with immense power.
Kinda like a combination of Gaara and M. Bison. (European/North American version of Street Fighter II)
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Re: Iori Yagami - CattyNebulart - 11-06-2006

I'm not that sure he can stand up to the Wolken Ritter, let alone the book once it goes beserk. Then again I don't know much about KoF. ( I saw the movie the Sci-Fi Channel used to show with the armor of mars, and that's about it.)
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Re: Tachikomas - ECSNorway - 11-06-2006

Tachikomas, to expand upon my Naruto Crack Crossover Concept.
Tachikomas are slowly becoming a common sight in Konoha, used for a variety of tasks including construction, surveillance, and general labor. They are also used extensively by Security Section Nine for tasks which are... highly classified.
The basic framework is a chakra-powered mechanical chassis similar to a nin-puppet (as used by such luminaries as Sasori, Kankuro, et cetera). The animating intelligence, however, is not provided by direct control from a shinobi, but by a specialized form of spider-summons. This particular summons was discovered some years ago by Konoha's only holder of the Spider-summons contract, Tokubetsu Jounin Paaka Piitu.
Paaka-san himself is the assistant head of Konoha's archival and history office, and an experienced information gatherer with a long history of successful espionage and infiltration missions. He has also undertaken the tutoring of a single genin cell, consisting of Riidoman Yomiko, Yuuno Sukuraiya, and Jyonsu Henuri. All three have since achieved chuunin rank and continue working with Paaka-san in the archives.
Gossip-mongers have hinted that Paaka-san is involved in a Takahashian Love Polygon involving, at the very least, Weinu-san, Kairu-san, and civilian Haruno Maja.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Re: Tachikomas - ECSNorway - 11-07-2006

Oh, and for my daily quota of WTF???:
Walker, Power Ranger.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Re: Iori Yagami - Epsilon - 11-07-2006

To be more correct Iori Yagami is the primary rival of the protagonist of the first three or four King of Fighters games. He is actually less powerful than the main character, since he has lost every figt they have ever had. He has the power to summon flames with his bloodline granted martial arts style but, because his ancestors made a deal with the god of chaos and destruction a hundred years ago, his power is cursed and his flames appear in hues of purple. They also cause him immense pain to use (this often manifests as blood he spits up).
Because of his families connections to the god of chaos and death Iori's power occasionally drives him insane, a process known as the Riot of the Blood. In this form he's more powerful than normal (how much more is uncertain but it is significant).
Iori really isn't as much of a psychopath as people think he is. He only really wants to kill Kyo (his rival) and pretty much cares about nothing else aside from that. It should be noted that after the fourth KoF game they had Kyo move on and even change his character desin to indicate that he was no longer a high school student. They kept Iori in his "deliquent schoolboy" outfit. however. Read into that what you will.
Oh, and recently Iori was punked and his powers stolen by the gayest character in all of KoF, Ash Crimson. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way. Ash is more gay than Captain Jack.
-----------------
Epsilon