Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers that should not be V: Welcome to the Damnation... - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers that should not be V: Welcome to the Damnation... (/showthread.php?tid=7961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- Shay Guy - 12-19-2008

I just literally facepalmed. Well, temple-palmed, really, but...they have those for everything. (The temple-palm was for the last of those.)

Pronounced "shy guy."

- Bob Schroeck - 12-19-2008

Two things: I suspect I'd enjoy those more if I'd recognized them, and the cards ought to show their artifacts. But one makes do with the images one
has at hand, I suppose.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- Necratoid - 12-20-2008

The Azumanga Daioh one may have been one of the Sucka card modes from the animes. Sucka being what happens when you roll a one on your Pacto activation
check... it turns you into an adorable chibi in an animal costum. Its actually less useful than it sounds.

- Evil Midnight Lurker - 12-20-2008

I say her artifact is the cat bell. Smile (And that random draw thing from ?! would have killed the anime for me if
I'd been able to get even that far.)

--Sam

"An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

- Necratoid - 12-20-2008

Its a running gag that the animes (minus the manga cannon OAVs) that they can't actually do anything near local with the original manga story line.
Ignoring the trainwreck of a live action series, the ferret is an animated, talking, flying postcard of all things in that mess,. the animated series have
there own story lines.

One of them has an abrupt genre change and I know of one guy who had his brain melt as he missed the key episode in the genre change... the change actually
made sense, but it hits like a freight train normally... this poor guy just broke. Eventually he got the episod, but it was a traumatic thing.

Another is more centered on capturing and sealing gems turned fairy things and how an evil stick legged frogish thing is attempting to make Negi into a ferret.
It goes out of its way to report Negi if anyone comes close to learning about magic (like within 3 seconds or so of the potentiol chance of them learning
about it) and actively walks around making itself known. Its evil, tells you its done bad things or that bad things will happen to you always adding 'in a
good way' to the end of such things. Its apparently trying get time off its own sentence by getting others sentenced for breaking the viel. for reasons
that I can't remember if they explain Mackie (I think) s convinced that the frog thing is her dad. Through its efforts Negi actually has to pacto the
basically the entire class. It satisfying to watch that thing suffer later.

- Evil Midnight Lurker - 12-20-2008

I just can't bear to watch any of them past the point where they diverge from the series. Which in the case of Negima?! was like episode three. Smile

Maybe once the manga draws toward a close we'll see a reasonably faithful adaptation. (The recent short OAV packaged with the Japanese volumes is actually
pretty damn good, but only depicts a few chapters. Tease.)

--Sam

"He beat up ten ninjas with a loaf of french bread!"

- Morganite - 12-21-2008

Random thought while at work today: Disney Fairies/Touhou Project.

Not really a story thing, so much as finding the idea of a bullet hell game starring the fairies hilarious.

-Morgan.

These are the voyages.... - DHBirr - 12-27-2008

Previously posted in another thread in purely text form:
[Image: th_33658_Warhammer_Trek_122_565lo.jpg]
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

- Evil Midnight Lurker - 12-27-2008

The Goddamn Crow

--Sam

"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"

- HoagieOfDoom - 12-27-2008

>Warhammer trek

...that. Is. AWESOME. And slightly frightening. But more awesome than frightening.

- Angryoptimist - 12-28-2008

Warhammer Trek is awesome. Everything's better with violence (violence warning).

Everything's better with Noa Bright, too. Yup. (I've had UC Gundam on the brain lately, for some reason.)
Edit: mostly I was thinking about how twisty and messed up the UC-verse is and, that in mind, then thinking (with a small measure--a teensy weensy bit--of relish) about the Ur-Quan suddenly showing up, beating the crap out of everyone and putting them under a slave shield (really, I doubt UC humanity'd go for the battle thrall deal, either). Two great tastes that go great together!

- Foxboy - 01-03-2009

Dragon Ball Jesus
[linky]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

- Morganite - 01-04-2009

So, I was reading that Naruto/Ranma crossover, and started thinking about the part where one of the Ranma characters comments about how silly calling the
"Thousand Birds" an assassination technique is, with it being so noisy. And if you think about it, having open one-on-one duels is kind of a weird
way to judge ninja too.

Then I thought, Hey, there's another series where they do things like that.

I can just see Naruto being approached by a representative of the United Ninja Association and being told he's now the thousandth ranked ninja, why not aim
for the top?

Naruto, of course, will befriend most of them. '.'

-Morgan. Even though I normally hate befriending jokes..

- robkelk - 01-05-2009

Mikurumatic

http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/temp/mikurumatic.jpg]Ecchi time-travelling is wrong!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

- robkelk - 01-08-2009

A beautiful woman with unusual abilities (played by Kikuko Inoue) comes to Earth, where circumstances beyond her control force her to live with a male student. The student quickly realizes that his friends must never find out about his new lifemate's secret. The woman and the student eventually fall in love. But before they do, the woman's female relatives -- one sultry, the other younger and somewhat bratty -- come to visit, and the newcomers' misunderstandings cause problems in the previously-established relationship.

http://robkelk.ottawa-anime.org/seiyuu- ... megami.jpg]Onegai Megamisama

(It's a Crossover That Should Not Be because of the redundancy...)
--
Rob Kelk

- Bob Schroeck - 01-09-2009

The Curious George of Benjamin Button
-- Bob
---------

- Wiregeek - 01-09-2009

Lemony Fanfic's A Series of Unfortunate Sexual Events
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

- robkelk - 01-09-2009

Quote:Lemony Fanfic's A Series of Unfortunate Sexual Events
Doesn't that describe most lemons?

[size=smaller]--
Rob Kelk
"Now I know why they call 'em lemons. They leave a sour taste in my mouth."
- from Anime Detective: Crossover Crisis, by Pearson Mui
[/size]
--
Rob Kelk

- Kurisu - 01-10-2009

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

The Curious George of Benjamin Button
Can't... resist... temptation... AAAARRGGHHH!!!!!!

The Curious Case of Benjamin Hutchins

I'm sorry... I'm gonna burn in hell for that one.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

- Bob Schroeck - 01-10-2009

How the hell did I miss that one?
-- Bob
---------

- Epsilon - 01-12-2009

Should be? Or should not be?

[Image: tumblerhi.jpg]

---------------------

Epsilon

- Bob Schroeck - 01-12-2009

Shouldn't that be "Autobat Edition"?
-- Bob
---------

- WengFook - 01-12-2009

Quick someone link that over at the EPU forums and see how long it takes for the creative team to insert the tumbler as a cameo Autobot Big Grin

- Evil Midnight Lurker - 01-12-2009

It's a movie-style Transformer, Ben'd vomit in terror at first sight... Sad

--Sam

"Egad! Too much anatomy!"

- jpub - 01-12-2009

Morganni Wrote:And if you think about it, having open one-on-one duels is kind of a weird way to judge ninja too.

Then I thought, Hey, there's another series where they do things like that.

There will be NO dissing of No More Heroes here, sir. That game is chock full of awesome.