Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 (/showthread.php?tid=7575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: re: Borg! - Sirrocco - 11-16-2006

not really a crossover so much, but...
The evil midnight plumber.
Incidentally, if Ronald (the Demon Prince) ever got ahold of some of those Tick comics...
and, for a *real* left-fielder, Deadpool McNinja.

Re: re: Borg! - Evil Midnight Lurker - 11-16-2006

So, a maniacally laughing Mario? I can see it. [Image: smile.gif]
A whole herd of Man-Eating Cows...
--Sam
"You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs... Hey! PAY ATTENTION!"

Re: re: Borg! - Sirrocco - 11-16-2006

Actually, the Mario idea's not a bad one. I was just thinking about a psychotic little guy who sneaks into people's houses in the middle of the night and fixes their plumbing.

Pervert Armageddon - Evil Midnight Lurker - 11-16-2006

In an effort to improve relations with Earth, the Oni have arranged for a traveling museum exhibit of some of their most famous and precious historical artifacts and works of art, including the galaxy's largest tiger-diamond, the Star of Uru. Naturally, Lum insists on dragging Ataru off to see the exhibit when it hits Tokyo.
Complication one: Lupin III has taken it into his head to steal the Star and whatever else he can get away with.
Complication two: Ryo Saeba has been hired as extra security.
Complication three: By sheer coincidence, the museum crowd includes Kintaro Oe, Rayne Summers, and Onizuka Eikichi.
Complication four: Happosai has been sighted in the area.
Forget the robbery. Tokyo will shortly be engulfed in what future historians will call the Great Hentai Race.
--Sam
"Egad! Too much anatomy!"

Re: re: Borg! - Herr Bad Moon - 11-16-2006

Quote:
I was just thinking about a psychotic little guy who sneaks into people's houses in the middle of the night and fixes their plumbing.
Wouldn't that be Robert De Niro's character from Brazil?
Now THAT'S something bizarre, Mario and Brazil.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

Re: re: Borg! - VladimirTherin - 11-16-2006

Quote:
... Rayne Summers ...
heh, I see im not the only reading that comic.

Re: re: Borg! - TheTwisted1 - 11-17-2006

This particular little crossover nearly broke my brain. Definitely a member of the Should Not Be category.

-The Twisted OneEverybody Loves the Croquet Jihad!
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

Re: re: Borg! - Bob Schroeck - 11-17-2006

Gah.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Re: re: Borg! - Black Aeronaut - 11-18-2006

Quote:
Gah.
Agreed. O_o
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

A snatch of songfic - Sirrocco - 11-20-2006

Image: Shinji in EVA-01, crouched at the top of a skyscraper, prog knife in hand, waiting as his prey thunders slowly down the street below, looking for him. He pauses for just the right moment before leaping down, catching the monstrous being totally by surprise. The struggle commences.
a little music comes up.
"If you're following an Angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?"

perhaps not *quite* what the authors had intended.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Bluemage - 11-21-2006

Aside from the BGC-Sailor Moon fusion I inadvertently started on the 'Passing Torches' thread, there's this idea:
Harry Osborne, the Goblin-Who-Lived.Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Black Aeronaut - 11-21-2006

*SNOOOORRRRT!* No... No... No...
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Evil Midnight Lurker - 11-23-2006

Utena Tenjo meets Night Tenjo in Absolute Boyfriend Apocalypse.
--Sam
"It's starting to smell like danger, or heavily fried food."

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Rieverre - 11-24-2006

Hehe.
Okay, since we're there already, how about ...
Utena Tenjo always wanted to be like her Prince, but to do that, she saw that she needed to become strong. Strong enough to fight, strong enough to win. She would pursue her goal, no matter what!
... now, years after that resolution, she and her two best friends and rivals arrive in Ohtori Academy to test themselves. And nothing. NOTHING. Will ever be the same again.

Souichiro Nagi

Bob Makihara

and starring

Tenjo Utena

in

TENJO TENGE: Ohtori Now

-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Evil Midnight Lurker - 11-24-2006

Ryk E. Spoor, Saint Seiya fic writer and published author, just posted a couple of qualifying bits in his beta-readers' livejournal:
Little Gundam on the Prairie
and
Terminators of Endearment, or Pride and Extreme Prejudice.
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Sirrocco - 11-24-2006

...or, to take it one further, it's Ladies Night Tenjo Utena in Absolut Boyfriend Apocalypse.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - The Hunterminator - 11-24-2006

Quote:
Little Gundam on the Prairie
I don't know why, but this reminds me of that odd "Heero has retired and is now a father in a suburban neighborhood" fic I read a while back.

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Rieverre - 11-24-2006

Quote:
I don't know why, but this reminds me of that odd "Heero has retired and is now a father in a suburban neighborhood" fic I read a while back.
The one with father/daughter bonding activities including practicing underwater demolitions in the pool out back?
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Valles - 11-24-2006

Quote:
The one with father/daughter bonding activities including practicing underwater demolitions in the pool out back?
'Yard Work', more likely...
I don't remember ever seeing one of him trying to raise kids, though I know there are a few FMP fics that cast Sousuke in that role.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - robkelk - 11-24-2006

Another idea:
It is a time when strange magicks are loose upon the world, and those who can control those magicks are hunted by the ever-more-dictatorial government. But a few of the spellcasters have avoided the crackdown. They hide in the last wilderness available to them, but still try to make a difference to the people around them, for that is the driving desire of their leader, she who was a government agent before the change of rulers... Witch Hunter Robin of Sherwood.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

*raining on parades* - Foxboy - 11-24-2006

Nice Idea, except that Sherwood forest is now like, what, five, six trees, tops?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Re: *raining on parades* - Sirrocco - 11-24-2006

pray forgive if this has been mentioned before, but...
The Government in Britain has gone horribly, horribly wrong. The core of moralizing self-abnegation and restrictions had always been there, ever since the Wars, but it was the Disease, and the terrorist attacks that released it on an unsuspecting populace that really rocketed the Norselight party into power. Elected on a semifascist platform, they moved quickly to true fascism. They consolidated power, first in the organs of government, then in the media, then in eliminating their rivals, then in dismantling the organs of democracy. They instituted a curfew, and the police forces ran rampant after hours. News was replaced by propaganda, and everyone was left under wtchful eyes. They seem near-unstoppable, save for one man. One man is brave enough to oppose them - one man, donning the facemask and dramatic black cloak that stand as stark symbols of an earlier rebellion against the government and the status quo - that remind us all that revolt is not only possible, but neccessary. One man who still dares to wield the Powers of the Dark, oppose the might of the Aurors, and defy the corruption that has seized the soul of Wizarding Britain.
V for Voldemort.
Remember remember the fifth of November,
Unspeakables, treason and plot?
Well, theres one more reason Unspeakable treason
Should never be forgot.

*shatters* - Rieverre - 11-24-2006

Sirrocco, I salute you!
-Griever

Re: *raining on parades* - robkelk - 11-24-2006

Quote:
Nice Idea, except that Sherwood forest is now like, what, five, six trees, tops?
That only matters if you set the story in the present day. If, on the other hand, you have the Witch Hunters working for Prince John...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Re: *raining on parades* - Morganite - 11-25-2006

[Edit: Stupid graphic emoticons. >< ]
Thing I'd like to see: A crossover with Bokusatsu Tenshi featuring someone capable of blocking the club.
Thing I'd rather not see: Adam Warren's Sailor Moon
Thing that is a product of the way my mind works:
(Spoiler for Onegai Teacher.)

My name is Ichigo Morino.
I spent six years of my life in something like a coma. But somehow, I didn't age, didn't need food.. I woke up to a world that had changed, while I had stayed completely unchanged.
Well, there was one difference...
---
Ichigo walked to school. As she crossed a bridge, she waved to the woman standing at the side. "Hello, Lana."
The woman turned and smiled. The expression was only slightly obscured by the blood which ran freely down the left side of her face. "Hello, Ichigo."
---
... I can see ghosts.
|Bleach 1
|Ichigo and the Soul Reapers
-Morgan. It's a change from my usual "Imagine two people with the same name making out"..."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)