Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 (/showthread.php?tid=7575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: *raining on parades* - Evil Midnight Lurker - 11-25-2006

Quote:
Thing I'd like to see: A crossover with Bokusatsu Tenshi featuring someone capable of blocking the club.
Bokusatsu Oni Lum-chan. Ataru's got the sword-catch trick down cold even when he isn't the heir to an ancient ninja clan.
--Sam
"Well that guy's nekkid."

Re: *raining on parades* - Sirrocco - 11-25-2006

Groundskeeper William the Bloody.

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Sirrocco - 11-25-2006

A bit of self-reference, from earlier in this thread.
-------------
See! There! Appearing on the rooftop with a crash of thunder! He throws, not single roses, but entire bouquets! It is Tatewaki Kunou! He fights for for Love and Courage!
-------------
So, who's been following Chaos Factor recently?

Re: an unusual perspective.. - HoagieOfDoom - 11-25-2006

Heh heh heh...*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Valles - 11-25-2006

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Morganite - 11-25-2006

Yeah, that server doesn't like direct linking. Just c&p the url into a new browser window and it should work though.
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Valles - 11-25-2006

*does so*
Hey, Nagato fanservice! Nice!
...honestly, I'd be more scared of what'd happen if she got a hold of CoH.
Ja, -n

an unlikely pairing. - Sirrocco - 11-27-2006

He-Man, and the Master of the House. (He-Man/Les Miz)
"The bill came to how much?"
"Well, prince Adam, I did tell you that stabling a tiger would cost a little extra, didn't I?"

Re: an unlikely pairing. - CattyNebulart - 11-27-2006

Indiana Jones and the Book of Darkness.
Just think of it, an ancient soul sucking artifact that speak german, nazis and Indiana Jones. What could go wrong?
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Re: an unlikely pairing. - Rieverre - 11-27-2006

Quote:
Just think of it, an ancient soul sucking artifact that speak german, nazis and Indiana Jones. What could go wrong?
*shatters*
He ends up getting that badly needed help in the archives, as well as someone who's making like she's obliged to keep house (Shamal), a bodyguard, though everybody ends up thinking she's actually the romantic interest ('how the hell did he manage to catch _that_ one?', Signum), a dog ... or is it wolf (Zafira), and an adopted daugher (Vita).
Vey.
More amusing if it were to happen to Young!Indy, though.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm

Re: *raining on parades* - A117 - 11-27-2006

V for Voldemort.
Remember remember the fifth of November,
Unspeakables, treason and plot?
Well, theres one more reason Unspeakable treason
Should never be forgot.
Sirrocco ... that was ... unbelievable ... V for Voldemort [Image: eek.gif] [Image: eek.gif] [Image: eek.gif] ... the end is near ... [Image: eek.gif] [Image: eek.gif] [Image: eek.gif]

Re: *raining on parades* - CattyNebulart - 11-27-2006

I was actually thinking of a nazi getting the book, like oh say Hitler. Although at that point the war would be kind of over. Maybe like the Grail, they are both hunting for it? Inside Imperial Japan without alerting the locals? Could be fun.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Morganite - 11-27-2006

Quote:
Hey, Nagato fanservice! Nice!
Heh. My reaction to that was something on the order of "I don't know what Yuki's supposed to be wearing, but oh my."
Quote:
...honestly, I'd be more scared of what'd happen if she got a hold of CoH.
*fails saving throw vs. quoting Excel Saga*
"We're scared!" "And turned on!"
-Morgan."I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)

Re: an unusual perspective.. - ECSNorway - 11-28-2006

It begins in the Buffyverse.
A world in which, for some reason, copyright laws never gained the stranglehold that they have in ours, and fanfic quickly became as acceptable to publish as less-obvious derivative works. A world where, for example, instead of forbidding its creation, Mercedes Lackey challenged Bob Shroeck to a duel at an SCA event over the publication of 'Drunkard's Walk, volume 1', and extracted from him a promise never to use any of her original characters or settings again.
And so we reach Halloween, just as the latest fan favorite to hit the shelves is... Eyrie Productions' Symphony of the Sword volume 3.
The costume list:
Xander: Kyouichi Saionji
Buffy: Kaitlyn Hutchins
Willow: Azalyn
Cordelia: Juri Arisugawa
Somehow, they persuaded Giles to go as the Chief. And Joyce ended up with a costume involving a Zardon judge's uniform. Just to make things totally amusing, Dawn and Faith were in town early, thanks to a Whim Of The Powers What Be Amused By Such Things, and went as Miki and Kozue Kauru, respectively... --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Re: an unusual perspective.. - CattyNebulart - 11-28-2006

gah. that broke my brain.

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Bob Schroeck - 11-28-2006

Quote:
A world where, for example, instead of forbidding its creation, Mercedes Lackey challenged Bob Shroeck to a duel at an SCA event over the publication of 'Drunkard's Walk, volume 1', and extracted from him a promise never to use any of her original characters or settings again.
Not that it would be hard, given my general lack of combat-worthiness...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Black Aeronaut - 11-29-2006

You know, Bob, I don't think it would be so hard on your part as much as hers. She's bound by legalities that she's set forth and if she ever bothered to read what you have of Drunkard's Walk she might be hard pressed to uphold said legalities. I can tell just from reading her SKitty stories that Drunkard's Walk would be right up her alley. ^_^
Of course, that is not to say that I think you should pester the poor woman. Just that it'd be nice if it happened.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Bob Schroeck - 11-29-2006

Quite honestly, it won't. She's firm on her points and has the law behind her. Not worth my time or effort to get a more effusive "no".
-- Bob
---------

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Sirrocco - 11-29-2006

Bob, it was a complement. He was trying to say that she wouldn't *want* to. It was silly, but it wasn't meant to be all that serious.

Re: an unusual perspective.. - HoagieOfDoom - 11-29-2006

HARUHI IS YOUR FRIEND!
Haruhi is happy. Haruhi is crazy.
Happiness is mandatory!*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Bob Schroeck - 11-29-2006

Quote:
Bob, it was a complement. He was trying to say that she wouldn't *want* to. It was silly, but it wasn't meant to be all that serious.
Oh. I'm way, way too tired.
-- Bob
---------

Re: an unusual perspective.. - The Hunterminator - 11-29-2006

Quote:
HARUHI IS YOUR FRIEND!
Happiness is mandatory!
*Yells in terror*

Why must it always be Tokyo? - Jinx999 - 11-30-2006

In Sailor Moon (and a lot of other shows), whenever some extradimension/alien menace attacks Earth, they always start in Tokyo. Why can't it be elsewhere?
Roanapur for instance?
And where the Dark Kingdom is, there is the reincarnated Sailor Senshi.
Venus love me chainsaw!

Re: Why must it always be Tokyo? - Valles - 11-30-2006

Quote:
Roanapur for instance?
My brain... parsed this... oddly.
As Ranapur.
...on the one hand, there's the sheer genre clash, and the fact that Setsuna would hatehatehate that kind of disruption of the timeline.
And on the other, so would Link, and then there's the likelihood of Ami and Makoto in saris...
Hmm.
Ja, -n

Re: an unusual perspective.. - Black Aeronaut - 11-30-2006

Quote:
Quote:
Oh. I'm way, way too tired.
Heh-heh. Nice save, Sirrocco. Bob, I hope you got some sleep.
Quote:
HARUHI IS YOUR FRIEND!
Happiness is mandatory!
BWAA-HAAA-HA-HA-HA--HAAAAAAA!!! [Image: roll.gif]
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."