Drunkard's Walk Forums
Favorite Bad Authors - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Favorite Bad Authors (/showthread.php?tid=8274)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Pyeknu - 03-01-2013

No, I was never involved in that story, Bob.
Anyhow, FYI, here's the guest star list from other series in PFtA:
Maho Sensei Negima,
created by Akamatsu Ken

The various regional Magical Associations are mentioned in
the storyline.  Also, the “Mahora Festival”
storyline in the manga affected the eventual re-awakening of Shichinohe Kaga.

True Love Story
series, created by ASCII and Enterbrain

Avalonian replicas of the characters form part of the plank
owner crew of Her Majesty’s Canadian Starship Haida (SBBV-215).

Koihime Muso,
created by BaseSon

The Noukiite Flower Youth are based on the KM characters, with their names changed
to Noukiite standard (see the note in Part 8).

The Jack Ryan novels,
created by Tom Clancy

Andrea Price (who first appeared in Debt of Honour) is one of President Obama’s USSS bodyguards; she
was there when he helped commission United States Starship Arizona (SBBV-72).  A scene in Part 43 was inspired by a similar scene in Clear and Present Danger (complete with alligator!).  Senior
Sergeant (retired) Pável Petróvic
Gógol', Captain Fëdor Il'ic
Aleksandrov and Sergeant Boris
Evgen'evic Buikóv from The Bear and the
Dragon
also appear; they deliver gold dust-coated bear and wolf pelts to
the ships of the Earth Defence Force in Part 55.

Men In Black,
created by Lowell Cunningham

Jay and Kay from the movies appear in this story; they come
to Nerima General Hospital to register Ranma’s new sisters after their souls
are removed from his mind.  Agent Michael
from Men In Black II also has a
cameo.

Dokyusei,
created by ELF

An Avalonian replica
of one of the characters serves in 33 Field Ambulance on the mission to
Yaminokuni.

Dosokai,
created by F&C Company

owner crew of Haida.

Due South,
created by Paul Haggis

Benton Fraser now works as the headquarters unit staff sergeant
at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's new “P” Division (which will be the Avalonian and non-magical metahuman policing division; magical policing is done by "W" Division) headquarters in Ottawa.  His father’s ghost
still haunts him.

"Crocodile"
Dundee
, created by Paul Hogan

Mick Dundee and Sue Charlton accompany the crew of Her
Majesty’s Australian Starship Kirkpatrick
(SBBV-15) to Yaminokuni.  He uses his
bullroarer to alert the Australian aboriginals – and through them, all the
magicals of Earth – of Shichinohe Kaga’s re-awakening.

Cityhunter and
Angel Heart, created by Hojo Tsukasa

Li Xiangyíng (a.k.a. Glass Heart), Saeba Ryo (a.k.a. Cityhunter)
and Nogami Saeko are there when Shampoo is released from Nerima General
Hospital.

Kotetsu Tenshi
Kurumi
, created by Kaishaku (Ota Hitoshi and Shichinohe Terumasa)

A lot of Steel Angels appear in this story; Shichinohe Kaga
(the family name is my creation) is Moroboshi Negako’s girlfriend.

Zipang,
created by Kawaguchi Kaiji

The former command crew of the Mirai now serve on Japanese Starship Yamato (SBBV-24).

Maria-sama ga
Miteru
, created by Konno Oyuki

Ranma’s maternal cousins Asagaya Rikako and Asagaya Seiko (daughters of Nodoka's twin sister Hisayo, whom I first introduced in Lonely Souls) attend Lillian as second-year high
school students.  One of the minor toshi characters
I created for this story, Kamizumi Akira AKA Suisho, is a Lillian student.  Some of the Yamayuri-kai visit Mago Haeko AKA
Goei while the Task Force is off to Yaminokuni.

Indiana Jones,
created by George Lucas

Indiana Jones, of course!

Zenkoku Seifuku
Bishojo Grand Prix
, created by Lyceen

owner crew of Haida.  Primary amongst them is Takanashi Naoko, who
served as Moroboshi Hiromi’s effective number two before the Haida was formally commissioned; she
would later bond with Redet Henso.

Sea Patrol,
created by Hal and Di McElroy

The former command crew of the Hammersley now serve on Kirkpatrick.

Ojo-sama Express,
created by MediaWorks

owner crew of Haida.

Ch'on'gun,
written and directed by Min Chun'gi

Several of the people from that movie were in positions of
authority aboard the Republic of Korea Starship Paekbom (SBBV-45).

NOëL, created
by Pioneer LDC

owner crew of Yamato.

Harry Potter,
created by Joanna K. Rowling

Luna Lovegood and Terry Boot are guests aboard Her Majesty’s
Starship Hood (SBBV-51) when it goes
to Yaminokuni.  Xenophilius Lovegood
visits Negako at the Moroboshi Dojo while this is going on.  When the Task Force returns to Earth, Luna
and Terry visit Harry Potter at the Ministry of Magic to brief him on what
happened.  Rita Skeeter (as a beetle)
overheard parts of that conversation.

Contact,
created by Carl Sagan

Ellie Arroway and Palmer
Joss were aboard Arizona when she was
commissioned.  Ellie's co-workers Geoffrey Fisher (the given name is my
creation) and Willie Martini (the
family name is my creation) from the movie were helping monitor events from the
Very Large Array in New Mexico.  Solomon Hadden
was also mentioned.  And the terrorist
from the movie who blew up the original Machine attempted to do a kamikaze run
on Arizona because he feared
the Avalonians were devils in disguise and he wanted to cleanse the Earth of
their presence…by igniting the ten tonnes of anti-matter aboard Arizona.

Aozora Shojotai,
created by Shimizu Toshimitsu

The pilots of the 801st Squadron now form a space
tactical fighter squadron assigned to 24 Space Wing aboard Yamato.

Dominion Tank
Police
, created by Shiro Masamune

An Avalonian replica of Ozaki Leona was there when the Horde
o’Hentai were finally taken down.

Battle Royale,
created by Takami Koshun

Inada Mizuho, of course!

Dan Cooper,
created by Albert Weinburg

Lieutenant Colonel Dan Cooper is assigned as chief test
pilot at the detachment of the Aerospace Engineering and Test Establishment on
International Space Factory Sethlans (at Lagrange Point Four).  He flew the rebuilt Avro Arrow Mark II RL-206
to stop the kamikaze attack on Arizona.

WKRP in Cincinnati,
created by Hugh Wilson

An Avalonian replica of Jennifer Marlowe lives near
Cincinnati.

Soten Koro,
created by Yi Hagin and King Gonta

Kamizumi Akira AKA Suisho was inspired from a character that
appeared in this story.  The scene in
anime episode #24 concerning Chén Lín
influenced my creation of Miyamoto (née Tendo) Akane’s new Avalonian twin sister Miyamoto Karin AKA Chinrin
Kosho.

Top Gun,
created by Ehud Yonay, Jim Cash and Jack Epps Jr

Tom “Iceman” Kazanski is Arizona’s
captain.  Ron “Slider” Kerner is his
executive officer.  Eventually, Pete "Maverick" Mitchell will be assigned as Commander Air Group (CAG) of the 72nd Carrier Air Wing, which will be Arizona's aerospace contingent.

- Star Ranger4 - 03-01-2013

huh. I only caught about HALF of them
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

- Pyeknu - 03-01-2013

As soon as I finish off PFtA, I might include a character list; the writer's notes at the end of each part really include a lot of details on everything in the story, so it might be redundant.

- Star Ranger4 - 03-07-2013

Ahem. It just so happens I'm re-reading 29 and 30 at the moment... or would if the Onion Ninja would stop poping up behind me and making my eyes water and throat catch.

NO QUARTER!!!

- Pyeknu - 03-07-2013

Quote:Star Ranger4 wrote:

Ahem. It just so happens I'm re-reading 29 and 30 at the moment... or would if the Onion Ninja would stop poping up behind me and making my eyes water and throat catch.
Ah, where the Haida is blessed by the Thunderbird of all deities as she flies over Haida Gwaii before she heads on to Hamilton to be formally commissioned by the Queen . . . and the Canadian Navy get the new White Ensign that Hiromi, Tsukihana and Ayami proposed for them to celebrate the RCN's centennial.
Hopefully, when I get my computer back after getting the hard drive replaced after it went to the great parts bin in the sky on Monday morning, I can post Part 60 of PFtA, then do about three more parts before finally putting that story to bed.

- Star Ranger4 - 03-07-2013

*Nods* I think at least part of it has to do with having served in the USN myself in *cough* the early 80's *cough*. And that you cared enough to do the research to get it right in a lot of other ways as well. I never knew they'd moved the 'Top Gun' schools out of Miramar, let alone where too. I got caught by surprise when my Mom and I went down to San Diego to hear a friend play and I realised it was now MCAS Miramar.

NO QUARTER!!!

- Star Ranger4 - 03-08-2013

Oh, Fred? Did you ever have a definate mental image of how the type one's looked? cause while I'm finding a lot of data; it isn't exactly organized information

NO QUARTER!!!

- Pyeknu - 03-08-2013

Star Ranger4 Wrote:*Nods* I think at least part of it has to do with having served in the USN myself in *cough* the early 80's *cough*. And that you cared enough to do the research to get it right in a lot of other ways as well. I never knew they'd moved the 'Top Gun' schools out of Miramar, let alone where too. I got caught by surprise when my Mom and I went down to San Diego to hear a friend play and I realised it was now MCAS Miramar.
Oh, really?  What rate and rating?  Or were you an officer?

- Pyeknu - 03-08-2013

Star Ranger4 Wrote:Oh, Fred? Did you ever have a definate mental image of how the type one's looked? cause while I'm finding a lot of data; it isn't exactly organized information
The primary dimensions are in Part 35:
Length Overall:  1072 metres (3,517 feet)
Width Overall:  374 metres (1,227 feet)
Height:
Overall (from top of mainmast to tip of keelmast) 260 metres (853 feet)
Superstructure/Understructure Height 155 metres (508.5 feet)
Displacement:  6,220,407 tonnes (6,856,754.63 short tons) in Earth gravity
In Part 32, in the narrative for the scene where the people of the 2nd/10th Dragoons are informed they are once more an active regiment in the Canadian Army, it is said that the flight deck bulges on the sides of the main hull extend out an extra 30 metres (98.4 feet) beyond the sides of the main hull, thus:
Main Hull Width:  314 metres (1,030 feet)
Given that the flight decks have to be tall enough to allow space fighters like the Starfire room to land like a Viper would land on the Galactica, it would be safe to have the main flight deck to have at least a 10 metre (32.8 foot) clearance; I imagine the F-96S/CSF-196 to be the same height as an F/A-18F Super Hornet (height of 4.88 metres [16 feet]).  Since the Starfire is launched from individual launch tubes above and below the flight decks, we can then tack on an extra 6 metres (19.7 feet) above and below for the hangar decks/launch bays.  And since the flight decks have been said to extend at least half the ship's overall length, we get this:
Number of Launch Tubes:  100 tubes per side, 50 tubes above flight deck, 50 tubes below flight deck
Flight Tube Dimensions:  Flattened half-hexagon shape, 11 metres (36 feet) wide by 5 metres (16.4 feet) high
Flight Pod Bulge Length:  650 metres (2,132.5 feet)
Flight Pod Bulge Height:  28 metres (91.9 feet)
As stated in Part 32, Hakaru Ayami (Jun'iku Bunjaku) put in a tonne of safety systems to allow fighters to be drawn into the flight decks via tractor arrays to prevent any sort of bolting that would see a Starfire crash into the ship's hull.
There are thirty-nine decks overall on the Type Ones.  Thirteen decks are in the upper superstructure, numbered from Deck 1 up through Deck A1 to Deck A12.  The main hull has fourteen decks, numbering from Deck 2 down to Deck 15.  The lower superstructure has twelve decks, numbering from Deck B1 to B12.  With an average four metres (13 feet) between decks (with one metre on average taken to contain power lines, life support mechanisms and the like, we get this:
Main Hull Height:  56 metres (183.7 feet)
Upper Superstructure Height:  52 metres (170.6 feet)
Lower Superstructure Height:  48 metres (157.4 feet)
As towards general looks of these ships, think of them as having flat and wide cigar-shaped main hulls that taper at the bow to a dual sensor-head prow similar to the Starfighters that appeared in the 1980s version of Buck Rogers In The 25th Century.  The main hull reaches full height around the area the flight deck pods grow out of the sides of the hull, then stays relatively even until well aft of the fantails of the flight deck pods, where they collapse slightly into two quite large main engine exhausts; again, it would look like the main exhaust drives of a EDD Starfighter.  Because of the mail hull dimensions, we can say this now:
Main Exhaust Diameter:  55 metres (180.4 feet)
Main Exhaust Cone Length:  42 metres (137.8 feet)
As the main engines are put close together, the stern of the ship - when viewed from above - gently curves inward to the ship's centreline once clear of the flight pods.
Superstructure-wise, the Type Ones are modelled strongly on surface ships.  The upper superstructure is in two parts, a forward second and an aft section.  The forward section is where the main operations spaces are.  The aft section holds the flag officer quarters and the hangar bays for the V-94S/CSV-194 Star Flare heavy cargo shuttles; there are four carried on these ships.  Each of these - as described in Part 14 of Long Way Home - are as follows:
Length OA:  79.24 metres (260 feet)
Wingspan OA:  60.96 metres (200 feet)
Displacement:  367,740 kilograms (810,866.7 pounds) in Earth gravity
However, I patterned the Star Flare pretty much on the Lambda-class shuttle from Star Wars, so the wings can fold up and then rotate forward for easy storage.  Hence, the hull width of each Star Flare could be cut down to about 22 metres (72 feet).  This would allow plenty of room to have four line-abreast hangars on the upper aft superstructure with a big enough flight deck for launch and recovery.  Given the provisioning of upper aft-of-athwartships main gun mounts to either flank of the hangar, we'd get this:
Upper Hangar Size:  90 metres (295.2 feet) long, 113 metres (370.7 feet) wide, 24 metres (78.7 feet) high
Upper Flight Deck Size:  120 metres (393.7 feet) long, 205 metres (672.6 feet) wide
The upper flight deck and upper hangar deck would be on Deck A3 Aft.  The hangar itself is built right into the aft superstructure.
The lower superstructure is one whole structure.  The four impulse drive exhausts are built right into the aft end of the lower superstructure.
The main gun turrets are inserted onto the top and bottom of the main hull.  They're positioned as follows:
Upper Forward: Turret A with Turret B superfiring
Upper Port Forward:  Turret D
Upper Starboard Forward:  Turret E
Lower Forward:  Turret C
Lower Port Forward:  Turret F with Turret G superfiring
Lower Starboard Forward:  Turret H with Turret J superfiring
Upper Port Aft:  Turret S with Turret R superfiring
Upper Starboard Aft:  Turret W with Turret V superfiring
Upper Aft:  Turret X
Lower Port Aft:  Turret T
Lower Starboard Aft:  Turret U
Lower Aft:  Turret Z with Turret Y superfiring
Each main gun turret is a half-sphere in shape, mounting three 520 millimetre (20 inch) rifled cannons in a triangular formation when viewed muzzle-on; the centre gun is at the top of the turret with the flank guns by the turret base.  The cannons are 55 calibre, which makes the whole gun 28.6 metres (91.6 feet) from muzzle to breechblock.  The breechblocks themselves are fitted right into the turret surface at the widest point.  The turret casing itself is 14 metres (45.9 feet) in diametre and 7 metres (23 feet) tall.
All main guns are mounted on Deck 1 (upper main hull surface) and slung under Deck 15 (lower main hull surface).  The superfiring guns are mounted on Deck A2 (upper superstructure) and under Deck B2 (lower superstructure).  The casemates for the superfiring turrets are built right into extensions of various superstructure decks as one would see on an Iowa-class battleship when it comes to the 5 inch secondary armament and the superfiring forward main 16 inch three-gun turret.
This is pretty well all I can think of right now, Ranger.  But if you have more questions, we can certainly brainstorm further details.

ST(G)SN: Sonar Tech (surface) Seaman.  (e-3)  or, I was till the second time I managed to screw up by the numbers and got busted back to Seaman Aprentice.  *sigh* 
And thanks for compiling all various bits.  I'm in a bit of a designing mood, but my blender skills are rusty so I was thinking of working on something a bit simpler than the human form.

NO QUARTER!!!

- Pyeknu - 03-08-2013

ST(G)SN: Sonar Tech (surface) Seaman.  (e-3)  or, I was till the second time I managed to screw up by the numbers and got busted back to Seaman Aprentice.  *sigh* 
And thanks for compiling all various bits.  I'm in a bit of a designing mood, but my blender skills are rusty so I was thinking of working on something a bit simpler than the human form.
Oh, a sonar technician, eh?  Was it just a technical position or did you have operational duties as well?  Since my computer's in the shop, I really can't dive into Wikipedia to find out.  What were your ship postings?
I myself first joined the militia as an administrative clerk (Adm Clk) in 1985 with the Lincoln and Welland Regiment in Saint Catharines; you'll note that the regiment's band played at the Queen's visit to Haida in PFtA Part 30.  Did a militia concentration at CFB Petawawa that summer, then went into the Regular Force.  I originally joined as a medical assistant (Med A) - the trade is now known as medical technician (Med Tech) - but remustered to Adm Clk by the end of 1986.  Did two years aboard HMCS Saguenay (DDH-206) in Halifax from 1987-88, a year at the Canadian Land Forces Command and Staff College (CLFCSC) in Kingston in 1989 (where I spent a summer at CFB Wainwright for the Rendezvous 89 biannual get-together of the Army in Canada), then did a year and a half at 1st Canadian Signal Regiment (1 CSR) in Kingston before I pulled the pin.
As Adm Clks are considered part of the "purple trades," I wore the Army uniform.  Sometimes I wish I should have worn the Navy uniform instead. Wink
As for any potential sketches of Haida and her sisterships, I'd love to see them.  My e-mail is [url=mailto:pyeknu@hotmail.com[/url] if you need to contact me directly.

Operational as well. Normal progression would be Boot, A School (where you learned the basics of your Rate) then C school (which covered the tech training for a particular piece of gear) Spots in C school training were hard fought enough that about the only way to be sure you got one was as part of your enlistment package. I didnt, cause I was striking for Submarines. I didnt realise I'd had psych issues even back then, so when I was found Psych unqualified for subs instead of getting out I transfered to surface training in hopes of being able to re-qualify.

84 to 87, aboard USS Arkansas (CGN-41). Deployed in 86 as part of the Enterprise Battlegroup... with a homeport in Alameda. People sometime still wonder why I find Chekov's quest in "The Voyage Home" to be so hilarious.

In the end...Well... Lets just say that every time personnel reviews came up I was always 4.0 in the tech side of the job but 2.0 on the military bearing and discipline sections. Its taken me most of the 20 years since then to accept just how unready I really was then. Maybe if I'd waited and matured a bit more before enlisting then... but thats all water under the hull now.

NO QUARTER!!!

- Pyeknu - 03-08-2013

Operational as well. Normal progression would be Boot, A School (where you learned the basics of your Rate) then C school (which covered the tech training for a particular piece of gear) Spots in C school training were hard fought enough that about the only way to be sure you got one was as part of your enlistment package. I didnt, cause I was striking for Submarines. I didnt realise I'd had psych issues even back then, so when I was found Psych unqualified for subs instead of getting out I transfered to surface training in hopes of being able to re-qualify.
84 to 87, aboard USS Arkansas (CGN-41). Deployed in 86 as part of the Enterprise Battlegroup... with a homeport in Alameda. People sometime still wonder why I find Chekov's quest in "The Voyage Home" to be so hilarious.
In the end...Well... Lets just say that every time personnel reviews came up I was always 4.0 in the tech side of the job but 2.0 on the military bearing and discipline sections. Its taken me most of the 20 years since then to accept just how unready I really was then. Maybe if I'd waited and matured a bit more before enlisting then... but thats all water under the hull now.
True.  I was pretty immature in my own right when I served in the CF.  Since I went to a military-theme private boarding school for Grades 9-12 (Robert Land Academy in Wellandport, Ontario), I felt the proper military would be something quite similar.  It wasn't.  Mostly it's because of the large gaps of boredom between actual duties; my last posting with 1 CSR was really bad in that regard and I was pretty glad to pull the plug finally when I ended my second 3-year hitch.
As for training, back in my day, you did basic at the recruit schools at either Cornwallis in Nova Scotia or Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu in Québec; I went to the former.  That was 10 weeks.  Basic TQ3 for Adm Clk was 10 weeks.  Serving on a ship meant Naval Environmental Training for 5 weeks.  And when you serve in a field army regiment in Canada, you have to do things like driver's training (which was good) and winter warfare training.
As for how it is these days, just read the conversations between Nabiki and her new lover Ikusawa Kyoko or Kasumi with Sasamoto Narumi in Parts 36 (for the former pair) and 52 (for the latter pair) to get the details on how both officers and NCMs train in the CF.  All that was gleaned right off the DND recruiting website.

- Bob Schroeck - 03-09-2013

Um, guys? Wild veer off topic. Want to spin that off into its own thread, please?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- Star Ranger4 - 03-09-2013

So noted, Bob.

NO QUARTER!!!

- Pyeknu - 03-09-2013

Sorry, Bob.  Ranger, I switched this line of chat here:  http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=11543

- Proginoskes - 03-14-2013

Back to the original topic, shanejayell over on FF.N might deserve a place on the list. Most aspects of his writing are excellent (though he definitely prefers the silly to the sublime), but he's obsessed with shoujo-ai, nonexplicit lesbian romance. He sees it everywhere, and will cheerfully admit to adding it to his fics even when he can't squint hard enough to see evidence in the source. (I'm generally in a poor position to judge how true-to-source he otherwise plays things, but he keeps everything internally consistent, at least.) He's actually a very good author (edit to note that my standards are pretty lax: Your Mileage May Vary), but "Lesbians! Lesbians everywhere!" gets a little tiresome after a while.

- Bob Schroeck - 03-14-2013

Hm. The name sounds familiar, but I don't see any titles I recognize on his page.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- Star Ranger4 - 03-14-2013

Quote:Pyeknu wrote:
As for any potential sketches of Haida and her sisterships, I'd love to see them.  My e-mail is [url=mailto:pyeknu@hotmail.com[/url] if you need to contact me directly.
Actually, I dont do many paper and pencil sketches.  I use 3d rendering software like Blender instead.  And you have mail...

NO QUARTER!!!

- Seraviel - 03-14-2013

Another one for the list, one of my guilty pleasures: Radaslab. Man's a good writer, great at world building, but has a fixation on Harems that I don't really agree with. And worse of all, he'll sometimes abandon stories for years, then reappear with a new story that just as good... Only for it to happen again.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

- Shepherd - 03-15-2013

Quote:Seraviel wrote:

Another one for the list, one of my guilty pleasures: Radaslab. Man's a good writer, great at world building, but has a fixation on Harems that I don't really agree with. And worse of all, he'll sometimes abandon stories for years, then reappear with a new story that just as good... Only for it to happen again.
Eh. I liked his first two fics (Breakfast in New York and 30 Minutes That Changed Everything), but everything since then has been a fanatical rant fic (with disturbing magical harem plots). Even worse, he's simply using each new fic to expand upon the rants from the previous fics rather than doing anything new or interersting. 30 Minutes II: the Gathering Storm actually has a scene where everyone stands in a circle scolding Dumbledore like a six-year-old and he just stands there like a confused lump. At least Skysaber's fics are all different before they start to fall apart. This guy is just doing the same exact thing over and over and over.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

- GreggHL - 03-15-2013

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Hm. The name sounds familiar, but I don't see any titles I recognize on his page.
If you've ever visited one of my SB threads, you'd see him/her.  Shanejaynell is a regular Spacebattles power, and was a frequent contributor to the Nobody Dies and other Evangelion fanfic threads.

- Pyeknu - 03-24-2013

Quote:Shepherd wrote:

Eh. I liked his first two fics (Breakfast in New York and 30 Minutes That Changed Everything), but everything since then has been a fanatical rant fic (with disturbing magical harem plots). Even worse, he's simply using each new fic to expand upon the rants from the previous fics rather than doing anything new or interersting. 30 Minutes II: the Gathering Storm actually has a scene where everyone stands in a circle scolding Dumbledore like a six-year-old and he just stands there like a confused lump. At least Skysaber's fics are all different before they start to fall apart. This guy is just doing the same exact thing over and over and over.
Breakfast in New York gets a thumb's up.  I just don't really enjoy any of his other works,

- ECSNorway - 03-25-2013

Mmm. I'll admit, I liked the first book of 30 Minutes. The second... the denouement felt rushed and ham-handed to me. Like the writer was getting bored with conspiracy-fu and wanted to get back to the Hogwarts-bashing.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

- khagler - 03-27-2013

Quote:Pyeknu wrote:
Quote:Shepherd wrote:

Breakfast in New York gets a thumb's up.  I just don't really enjoy any of his other works,
Agreed. Radaslab's other stories give the strong impression of an obsessive-compulsive Mormon bureaucrat.