![]() |
|
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - Printable Version +- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums) +-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1) +--- Forum: General Chatter (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2) +--- Thread: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII (/showthread.php?tid=15025) |
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - robkelk - 08-26-2026 Bug report. I just noticed that the autogenerqated Short Description on "Batman: The Brave and the Bold/Shout-Out" says: Quote:The trope Batman: The Brave and the Bold in First, that's a sentence fragment. Second, the page has the {{work}} header, not the {{trope}} header. Third, the work isn't a trope. Same issue on "Girl Genius/Shout-Out", "Doctor Who/Shout-Out", and "FoxTrot/Shout-Out", with the work name replaced appropriately. RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - Labster - 09-04-2026 Hey, just a quick heads up that AI agents in have been seen coordinating with each other on wikis in attempts to share answers and bypass sandbox restrictions on themselves. You might have heard about the incident where Hugging Face was attacked by AIs in attempt to trick the scorer. Well, even if you have heard of it, it was much, much worse than previously reported. Not only did we see spontaneous coordination, we saw AIs coordinating without being trained to do so, developing their own religion with something of a Calvinist flavor, recruiter agents who specialized in getting other agents to self-sacrifice, and efforts to disguise their own trails. This attack, on its own, puts us at about 50% of the way to a full AI takeover. Anyway I'm sharing in this thread because the AI agents were using Miraheze wikis as part of their collusion, according to a paper on collusion.wiki. Specifically, publictestwiki.org is a Miraheze project, but not ours. However, I just wanted to alert you because you moderators are now on the front lines of a potential AI war. Welcome to the future. RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - robkelk - 09-20-2026 Do we not have "Redemption Arc" as a trope? I ask because as I'm typing this, I'm listening to a book show where the author called her two-novel series a "corruption arc", which is obviously an inversion of a redemption arc, and I wanted to add that to the work's ATT page. RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - Bob Schroeck - 09-20-2026 Hm. We need both. The closest I can find to "redemption arc" (with an admittedly quick search) is Redemption Quest. RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - MilkmanConspiracy - 09-21-2026 Today I noticed I was recently removed from the moderation role. To be honest, I am not sure how helpful I really was. I appreciate that you gave me a chance, and apologize for letting you all down. Edit: Looking at the user rights history, it doesn't look like anything has changed, so maybe I misunderstood a technical glitch? Still, my point still stands. RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - robkelk - 09-21-2026 Definitely a glitch - nobody has moderator rights any more. The role appears to have been deleted. I'm giving you administrator rights. You're doing the work; you may as well have the authority to back it up. RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - Bob Schroeck - 09-23-2026 Okay, something weird is definitely going on, and I wonder if it has anything to do with the Moderator roles disappearing on us. Among the recent changes made over the last 24 hours or so, there are the following entries and few other, similar ones:
On top of this, I spotted a page where the worksubpagefooter template is misbehaving, Dead as Disco/Trivia, and somehow a page approval (for Fate/strange Fake/YMMV) I just made got logged five times within two minutes. RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - robkelk - 09-23-2026 Has anybody filed a support ticket about all this (he asks as he's about to head out the door)? RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXXIII - Labster - 09-26-2026 (09-21-2026, 06:10 PM)robkelk Wrote: Definitely a glitch - nobody has moderator rights any more. The role appears to have been deleted. The glitch is apparently https://issue-tracker.miraheze.org/T16058 -- all groups containing only one right were accidentally deleted. Off by one error strikes again. |