Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 (/showthread.php?tid=7575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Lee with glasses - classicdrogn - 09-21-2006

Quote:
or real nightmares, John Byrne writing
That's all you had to say...
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Re: Lee with glasses - Disruptor - 09-21-2006

There are people who enjoy John Byrne's writing(although after his comments about Steve Irwin...). However, he has a pathological hatred of sentient robots and goes out of his way to say they are not free willed and nothing more than toasters.
Cutey Honey's main premise is that she has a human soul, despite having a metal body.--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
--------------------

re:And now a word from our sponsors - ordnance11 - 09-21-2006

Quote:
Does this mean there'd be a Kyon-Haruhi-Ryouko threesome somewhere in there?
How about a Kyon-Mikuru-future Mikuru threesome?
Quote:
... looking at the charas they're replacing, that is so wrong on so many levels.
Then again...
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Two more... - Bob Schroeck - 09-21-2006

Once she was a ball of green energy.
Now she's a robot.
And if she manages to make 30,000 friends, she'll become a real girl... and the sister of the Slayer.
Metal Idol, The Key

(backed with...)
It's the same old story.
Giant ape meets girl. Giant ape falls for girl. Giant ape steals girl and climbs to the top of a half-built skyscraper, to wait for pursuing plumber.
Only this time, the girl is the sister of the Slayer...
Dawn (Key), Kong
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Re: Lee with glasses - Epsilon - 09-21-2006

Quote:
and for real nightmares John Byrne writing Cutey Honey

Nah. Frank Miller doing Cutey Honey...
-------------------
Epsilon

Maybe, maybe not... - Cobalt Greywalker - 09-21-2006

I'm not sure if this should be here or in the recs thread but you might want to read THIS over on the FukuFics forums. Still beta though... Not sure whether or not to thank someone for that...

hmmm... - Sirrocco - 09-22-2006

Key, the Metal Idol
.Hack
Lain
Add Lovecraft as necessary to make it all work properly.
that is all.

Daphne Blake...? - Feinan - 09-22-2006

Ok....that last name made me start to get weird ideas. Is that actually Daphne's last name from Scooby Doo? If so...given her and her friends' hobby, it would be...interesting...if she were related somehow to ANITA Blake. For all of those who were always wanting the monsters to be REAL for once, durn it. [Image: smile.gif]
Feinan

Re: Lee with glasses - Evil Midnight Lurker - 09-22-2006

Quote:
Nah. Frank Miller doing Cutey Honey...
Anyone else here remember the "triangle number" years of Superman comics?
Miller, Byrne, Dave Sim, and Tom de-fscking-Falco doing round-robin weekly Cutey Honey. There's nightmarish for ya.
--Sam
"I'll just look arounWHYDOESITHAVESEVENMOUTHS?!"

Re: Daphne Blake...? - Disruptor - 09-22-2006

Freddy Rogers
Velma Dinkley
Neville(?) Shagworthy
Daphane Blake
Other than Shaggy's actual first name, I am certain that those are the names of the characters.
Now then, who is Anita Blake?--------------------
--------------------

Re: Daphne Blake...? - Evil Midnight Lurker - 09-22-2006

Shaggy's name is Norville Rogers, according to Wikipedia. He has an uncle Shagworthy.
As for Anita, Wiki is once again our friend. [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"The reath renalty. Strong words. Strong, poorly pronounced words from a cartoon dog."

Re: Daphne Blake...? - Disruptor - 09-22-2006

Alright, then it's is Freddy Jones. OOOPS. [Image: smile.gif] ;;--------------------
--------------------

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - classicdrogn - 09-22-2006

Sailor Wired says: I REJECT your reality and SUBSTITUTE my own!
- CD What? Ain't no mo' to it...SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
For the next 72 hours, Itachi intoned, I will slap you with this trout. - Spying no Jutsu, chapter 3
"In the futuristic taco bell of the year 20XX, justice wears an aluminum sombrero!"hemlock-martini
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Bob Schroeck - 09-22-2006

LainBusters, CD?
-- Bob
---------

LainBusters - kestrel404 - 09-22-2006

Oh, I was thinking Adam Savage: Sailor scout. (This, of course, implies Jamie in a fuku as well...)
Although there are so MANY interesting possibilities here.
Sailor Wired: Lain is told by her computer that she is a magical princess of the Wired and must fight psychic vampire hackers. Using her magical computer chip to transform into Sailor Wired, she gathers a group of young girls to fight the forces of 'net chaos, and the mysterious Knights. (Hmm...that ones not so bad...but the others are FAR worse.)
The aforementioned Adam and Jamie in mostly matching sailor suits. Add in the rest of the crew. Magical spirit animal: Buster.
Adam and Jamie go on-location to disprove the 'Net myths that there is a mysterious God of the Wired living somewhere in Japan. Hyjinks ensue.
The Mythbusters build team are assaulted by a horde of odd looking ninja and an anthropomorphic crab. Donning their secret identities, they become Power Rangers: Myth Force and do battle in a giant mechanized Buster (sorry, couldn't help it).
Usagi and friends attempt to prove or disprove the existence of Chaos and the Silver Millenium using common household items and basic scientific theory. Cameos by MacGuyver ("No, no, no. You can't use milk as a cathode. Here, add some baking soda and a bit of detergent..."), Mr. Wizard ("Today, Usagi, we're going to use this ball of twine, a pair of magnets and the Millenium Crystal to make a power-compas that will point towards Order and away from Chaos."), and Dr. Strangelove (sitting in shadow, giving interview-style commentary throughout, acting as the 'voice of reason').
Good grief, there are still SO many permutations of wrong here.
"Not this again!" Minerva said. "Albus, it was You-Know-Who, not you, who marked Harry as his equal. There is no possible way that the prophecy could be talking about you!" - Harry Potter and the Method of Rationality, Chapter 84

Re: LainBusters - Bob Schroeck - 09-22-2006

Quote:
But so much fun as well.
-- Bob
---------

Re: Sailor Busters - Duane Peters - 09-22-2006

Kari as Tuxedo Vegan, and Scotti as Tuxedo Tattoo? [grin]

Re: LainBusters - classicdrogn - 09-23-2006

Quote:
Ayup. Hence why it's in this thread, really.
I got the idea when an AMV.org banner popped up with the purple-eyed version of their mascot saying the line, an a page for a Lain AMV (which sucked.) It seemed to resonate with the Lain nature-of-reality thing, and making it into a "Sailor Says" sting was in the nature of refining its native ore of wrongness and forging it into a brain-shredding icepick of eeeevil.
- CD eeeevil grinSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--

Re: Quick shortening of the Harry Potter storyline - Kheram Coldstar - 09-29-2006

Have a helpful(and demented) d-hopper substitute Stormbringer for the Basilisk fang when Harry stabs the diary in CoS.

Kheram(whose mind goes on odd tangents when the cold medicine kicks in)

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - robkelk - 09-29-2006

We're playing this game over on Usenet (look for "[OT] Mash-Up Contest!" on rec.arts.anime.misc for attributions, and more examples) - here are some of the better replies:
Tsukuyomi Honeymooners Phase
My Three Son Gokus
Love, Hina Style
The Harper Valley Please Teacher Association
Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice & Honey & Clover
(yes, there are a bunch of old fogeys on that group...including me)
Buffy Ami Yumi
The XXX-holic Files
Midori Days of Thunder
Batman And Witch Hunter Robin
Pom-Pokemon
Touched by a DNAngel
Risky/Safety/Nip/Tuck
L/R/F/X
Wile E. Coyote Ragtime Show
Mystery Science Ninja Team Gatchaman 3000
Petshop of Horrors Picture Show
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World of Ptavvs
Magic Knight Rider
Saved by the Belldandy

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Bob Schroeck - 09-29-2006

Touched By An Anvil
-- Bob
---------

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Sirrocco - 09-29-2006

hmm... well, the ones I came up with are somewhat derivative, but...
The Xeno Files
Nadia, and the Secret of Blue Girl
The Little Petshop of Horrors (with the obvious guest star from Jojo)
La Blue Girl Genius
Waiting for Buck Godot
Also, Tenchi means Angel - which leads to a very strange little idea for a Tenchi Muyo / Evangelion crossover.
For that matter, what *would* happen if you swapped Shinji and Tenchi?

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - HoagieOfDoom - 09-29-2006

Wait, I though tenSHI was angel. *checks* Yup, shi, not chi. His name means Heaven (ten) and Earth (chi). Sorry to nitpick.
I would have used the characters, but ezBoard doesn't like kanji apparently.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Evil Midnight Lurker - 09-29-2006

And "Tenchi Muyo!" is an archaic way of saying "This Side Up." [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"Gravity is a harsh mistress."

Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be, Take 2 - Herr Bad Moon - 09-29-2006

Casper, the Friendly Ghost in the Shell.
Metroid Primus.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"