Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers That Should Not Be: The Fandom Menace - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers That Should Not Be: The Fandom Menace (/showthread.php?tid=8232)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Wiregeek - 08-05-2011

Quote:Now I'm seeing Vader McSkywalker of Clan McSkywalker... would likely be subtilted: That's not Force Lightning.

The catch there is that his mentor is played by Fake Connery from the SNL celebrity jeopardy skits
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

- Sirrocco - 08-06-2011

ClassicDrogn Wrote:ETA: ITYM, "I am Sailor Vader, Champion of the Dark Side. In the name of the Emperor, I shall punish you!" Remember, he's no fan of Tarkin's "technological terror" and he MUST obey his Master (at least until the final darmatic confronation.) Though I always wondered why luke, staggering along trying to support him as he made his escape, didn't point to one of the Stormtrooper or Technician squads ruinning by and order in a firm voice, "You and you, help me with Lord Vader! You, get a Med Droid and meet us at the shuttle bay! Quickly!" It's not like they know him from any other random human, and he's visibly helping a severely injured, high-ranking officer evacuate.

That would mess up the script, of course, but that doesn't stop it from bugging me every time I see ROTJ.

- CD

I'd love to see that as an alt-uni fic.

Mind you, the Dark Schneider one is pretty awesome too - but what if they got things a tch wrong, and it was *Asuka* who had the BASTARD!!! trapped inside her?

...or, alternately, what other classic anime "first kiss" moments could be turned into horrible plot-derailing wrongness by the addition of said worthy?

Dark Schneider would make an *excellent* "power the Dark Lord knows not", among others.

- robkelk - 08-06-2011

Sirrocco Wrote:...or, alternately, what other classic anime "first kiss" moments could be turned into horrible plot-derailing wrongness by the addition of said worthy?
Well, that would explain why Keiichi and Belldandy never kiss...

(Which one's DS? You tell me.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

- Bob Schroeck - 08-06-2011

Quote:Dark Schneider would make an *excellent* "power the Dark Lord knows not", among others.
"You can't possibly be a proper Dark Lord. You're nowhere near handsome, sexy and charming enough. And the only women you've got are a pair of skanky psychos. Nope, no, massive fail. Sorry, Tommy boy. Better luck next time." (Little Hangleton vanishes in a massive explosion)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- classicdrogn - 08-06-2011

Sirrocco Wrote:I'd love to see (Vader gets saved) as an alt-uni fic.

So would I. Telling it from one of the drafted helpers' points of view (at least that scene, up to when they suddeny realise they've landed smack in the middle of the Rebel base and are now captured) for even more bonus points.

Quote:Mind you, the Dark Schneider one is pretty awesome too - but what if they got things a tch wrong, and it was *Asuka* who had the BASTARD!!! trapped inside her?

Well... it might explain a few things... but their persobnalities are a better match for the original the other way around. Of course, given which thread we're in, I suppose that just makes it better.

Quote:...or, alternately, what other classic anime "first kiss" moments could be turned into horrible plot-derailing wrongness by the addition of said worthy?

Naruto & Sasuke? You did ask for "horrible plot-derailing wrongness" after all, and it would really frost Sasuke's pants if he contained this huge power but couldn't use a drop of it himself, even more so that he has to make human contact to release it. Depending on how well the secret is kept, it could lead to some Big Fun (in a Dwarf Fortress way if no other) if Orochimaru still appears to try to give him an Evil hickey. Actually, now I'm starting to want to see this.

Louise and... whatever the canon loser's name was in ZnT. Although, that's actually not such a bad setting match when you think about it more.

I mainly watch stuff that has a fairly high amount of action, so Darshu doesn't fit all that badly. Maybe in something with a vastly different tech level, like Luke & Leia in Star Wars (which given they didn't know about the siblings thing at the time, and Carrie Fisher thought her character would be a fool to go for Han and was playing it that way, has a fair degree of wrongness to begin with.)

Haruhi... the masquerade would dissolve INSTANTLY if it was Kyon in MoHS's last (1st season, broadcast-order) episode... of course, good luck getting the original world restored with the other Brigade members in that case.

Didn't several of the "horribly misunderstood awkward landing after tripping" moments in Battle Programmer Shirase nearly involve some mouth-to-mouth?Since it only came close, it would explain why it didn't happen in canon.

I think Naruto & Sasuke is the worst answer I'm going to be able to offer.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

- classicdrogn - 08-06-2011

Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Dark Schneider would make an *excellent* "power the Dark Lord knows not", among others.
"You can't possibly be a proper Dark Lord. You're nowhere near handsome, sexy and charming enough. And the only women you've got are a pair of skanky psychos. Nope, no, massive fail. Sorry, Tommy boy. Better luck next time." (Little Hangleton vanishes in a massive explosion)

I've tried playing with that one before, but the only girls who kiss him in canon have already been kissed as far as I can remember. If it was going to be done early on (maybe second year?) one of the Quidditch Team girls maybe, but during the DoM raid (which would make better sense) the only option is Luna. Maybe Gabrielle after pulling her out of the lake? That would be a fun twist on all the variations of "Veela are supersexy but choose one mate for life, and die if he refuses" floating around FF.n. (Most of them, like certain other things float in a toilet - there are very exceptional exceptions, though.)

-CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

- robkelk - 08-07-2011

CTSNB spotted on another webforum. Identity of the poster and webforum withheld because he(?) and I are on the same side of a debate there, and I don't want to annoy him(?)...
Quote:and your typical male isn't 6'2" and built like a chip 'n' dale dancer

(If you don't get it, the dancers are from Chippendales, and are not Disney characters...)
--
Rob Kelk

- Wiregeek - 08-07-2011

I absolutely am built like a Chip 'n' Dale character..   Monterey Jack!
[Image: cdrrv2-03.jpg]

- Bob Schroeck - 08-07-2011

Peggy and I stumbled over a CTSNB just this weekend, when we went to see Captain America and upon going through the cast list afterward realized that Toby Jones, who played Arnim Zola, is also Dobby the House Elf...

I think the potential dialogue writes itself at this point, although the setup will vary depending on whether the Red Skull replaces Lucius Malfoy, or is a pre-Malfoy master...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- Jinx999 - 08-07-2011

Fairy Tail - Nakama is Magic.

- robkelk - 08-07-2011

So, the Genesis Torpedo from Star Trek II has a "World Matrix" in it. Woah.
--
Rob Kelk

- Necratoid - 08-07-2011

Quote:I think the potential dialogue writes itself at this point, although the setup will vary depending on whether the Red Skull replaces Lucius Malfoy, or is a pre-Malfoy master...
Or you could go the more thread bearing way and make it so the Red Skull had Captain America taken out with nasty curses as a scorched Earth plan.  In short, Dobby is the curse sealed form of Captain America... all the self abuse is him fighting the mental conditioning.  That and once a certain curse breaking sock comes into play... Malfoy the Elder is basically never seeing the light of day again.  The power he knows not should be self explanitory.  Fudge goes straight into CYA mode as soon as he realizes that one of his top advisors has been holding a major war hero as a slave for 50 odd years... then add in that Fudge has actually heard of this one... and he is cleared for magical knowledge.  Malfoy, who has never heard of Captain America, is going under the bus labeled, "Major International Incident".

- Ebony - 08-08-2011

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

Peggy and I stumbled over a CTSNB just this weekend, when we went to see Captain America and upon going through the cast list afterward realized that Toby Jones, who played Arnim Zola, is also Dobby the House Elf...
I think the potential dialogue writes itself at this point, although the setup will vary depending on whether the Red Skull replaces Lucius Malfoy, or is a pre-Malfoy master...
Toby Jones was delightfully creepy as the pre-alteration Zola. I did not know he was also Dobby, and I must admit that I am struck with the image of Dobby a la Zola. For those who don't know Arnim as Jack Kirby envisioned him (and therefore don't understand the joke of Jones' distorted face through the magnifier when he makes his first appearance in the movie), here's a picture.
To quote a friend of mine, explaining Zola to my girlfriend: "Arnim Zola has all the weird, and he's not sharing."

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

- HoagieOfDoom - 08-09-2011

A Clockwork Pony.

The mind shudders.

- classicdrogn - 08-09-2011

Relevant clip begins at 9:20

the heck do you embed videos, anyway? The "flash" button on the yuku interface is useless

There's lots of other funny stuff in here, but just the few seconds it lasts were enough to shift the (quite long) video over to here.

- CD
--

- Wiregeek - 08-09-2011

02:23 to 02:37?

- classicdrogn - 08-09-2011

Nah, Katamari isn't so bad. Now, My Little Pony/Aliens, that's bad.

And it http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6965704/1/T ... _Ponyville]already exists.

Excerpt from Ch1:
Quote:"Okay, okay! I promise I will not go near the Everfree Forest."

This had not, technically, been a lie. Dollars to Donuts had not gone near the Everfree Forest. She'd galloped right in. What Applejack didn't know wouldn't hurt her.

She had to admit, she could see why her fillyhood friend was so intimidated by the place. The Everfree Forest was like an entirely different world. The light of Celestia's sun seemed unable to entirely penetrate the thick canopy of evil-looking trees. The noise of small scurrying animals seemed to follow her wherever she went, and she couldn't shake the sensation that she was being watched.

Still, at the moment there had been no sign of marauding beasts, and a careful sequence of scratches in the bark of several trees prevented her from getting lost. Dollars to Donuts was starting to worry that the Everfree Forest was going to be a bust. It couldn't be an adventure if she was bored.

Dollars was attempting to determine the approximate time by gauging the amount of remaining light when she noticed it. A series of trees knocked over and lying on the ground in splinters, as if knocked aside by some great force. Intrigued, Dollars cantered over to get a better look.

In the center of the blasted circled of trees was a blackened crater. It wasn't large, only a little bigger around than some of the larger trees, but it looked deep. In the center of it sat a large, round object with a leather sheen.

Dollars to Donuts gasped. "An egg! Oh wow, and it's huge! It must be a dragon egg! This is so cool! I think one of Applejack's friends knows a dragon. Maybe they can be buddies! Oh colt this is so awesome."

She rushed over to the crater and peered down at the egg, pondering how to get it out. As she did so, the egg began to shift slightly from side to side, and low gurgling noises came from inside of it. Was it ready to hatch already?

"Oh, I hope it is a dragon! Don't worry little fella, I'll be your mommy. Come on out and say hi..."

With a slow, sucking noise the top of the egg split. It didn't crack. The top of the egg opened like a flower with four thick, wet petals that peeled back to reveal its contents. Layers of mucous and thin, pale membranes concealed most of what was inside from Dollars' view, but she could make out a glistening bone-colored carapace and a long, flexible tail like an animal's spine gently coiling and slithering around itself.

Dollars to Donuts took a step backwards, suddenly uneasy. That wasn't a dragon egg. She didn't have any idea what-

The newly-hatched creature suddenly moved with unbelievable speed. Tail whipping around like a snake, the thing launched itself out of its egg and directly at Dollars to Donuts, unfurling long, spidery legs. Before she could even process what was happening it was on her face and gripping her head with those hideous thin legs while the tail tightened around her throat.

There was only time for Dollars to get out one shriek of absolute terror before the grip on her neck restricted her breath and she sank to the ground, the last sensation she remembered the violent sensation of something acrid and rubbery forcing its way past her lips.

And then blessed darkness.

- CD
--

- Jorlem - 08-11-2011

Inspired by the Lushe=Luce thread:

I Love Lushe
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

- Wiregeek - 08-11-2011

I Love Lucifer

What happens when a twentysomething witch fails on a minor summoning spell, and ends up permanently binding the Prince of Darkness to her side.. as her husband?

For some reason, I'm picturing Lina Inverse with a bound Lucifer having wacky sitcom hijinks... Just picture Lina screaming.. "LUUUUUUUCY... YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ' TO DO!"

- robkelk - 08-12-2011

Wiredgeek Wrote:I Love Lucifer

What happens when a twentysomething witch fails on a minor summoning spell, and ends up permanently binding the Prince of Darkness to her side.. as her husband?

For some reason, I'm picturing Lina Inverse with a bound Lucifer having wacky sitcom hijinks... Just picture Lina screaming.. "LUUUUUUUCY... YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ' TO DO!"

Wow, man... a gender-swapped and alignment-swapped Oh My Goddess...
--
Rob Kelk

- Wiregeek - 08-12-2011

Quote:Wow, man... a gender-swapped and alignment-swapped Oh My Goddess...

It's on TV, right after I Dream of Keiichi, Where our longsuffering Morisato has somehow ended up with Bell's powers, and she doesn't remember what's going on.. watch as they try and cope, her with her day job of testing and tuning high performance motorcars, him with his new magical powers that NO ONE believes him about!

Guest Starring Pen-Pen as Racer X.

- robkelk - 08-12-2011

So, are you updating the "Television in Fenspace" page on the FenWiki, or am I?

And now for something completely different: Pro-wrestling great authors - starting, of course, with Stone Cold Jane Austen.
--
Rob Kelk

- Wiregeek - 08-12-2011

That would be all you, since you're live and contributing over there.

- Jorlem - 08-12-2011

Lovecraft+Ponies=

-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

- Black Aeronaut - 08-12-2011

I'll just leave this here...  *Giggles hysterically*
[Image: tumblr_li8zxkv8YJ1qdl13so1_500.jpg]