Drunkard's Walk Forums
Rocket Girls Novel - IN ENGLISH! - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Rocket Girls Novel - IN ENGLISH! (/showthread.php?tid=10640)

Pages: 1 2

Rocket Girls Novel - IN ENGLISH! - Black Aeronaut - 08-26-2010

Right here: http://www.haikasoru.com/rocket-girls/
Preorder yours now.  (^_^)

- robkelk - 08-26-2010

"SRP: $13.99 USA / $18.99 CAN / £8.99" How do they justify that high a markup for non-US markets?

(A fair exchange rate for $13.99 would put the Canadian price at $14.75, not $18.99. Alternately, if the Canadian price is correct, the US price should be $18.05. Shipping charges should be close to identical, and the customer pays Customs charges.)

With them pulling that kind of crap with the pricing, I'll wait until the book goes on sale...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

- Bob Schroeck - 08-26-2010

Rob, you might want to click through the preorder process. It goes through Amazon, and I got a 33% discount off the list price.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- Epsilon - 08-26-2010

Yeah, I thought that bullshit was non-existent anymore. I usually pay about $1 more than the US price for my manga and novel purchases at Chapters but never more than that these days.
Oh well. Give a US friend some cash and have them order it for you then ship it up if you want it that bad.
---------------
Epsilon

- Bob Schroeck - 08-26-2010

God knows you've done enough for me over the years, Rob, I'd be happy to buy and remail for you.
-- Bob
---------

- robkelk - 08-27-2010

Certainly! And thank you in advance.
--
Rob Kelk

- Bob Schroeck - 08-27-2010

I've just revised my order to include 2 copies of the book, Rob.
-- Bob
---------

- Jorlem - 09-17-2010

I just got an email from Amazon saying my preorder just shipped. Smile
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

- Bob Schroeck - 09-17-2010

Oh, cool. Mine should be coming soon, too, then.
-- Bob
---------

- Logan Darklighter - 09-17-2010

Never heard of this series. From the thumbnail description at the link in OP, I'm getting the sense that this could almost exist in a similar universe as Planetes. Am I wrong?

- Bob Schroeck - 09-17-2010

If you want more detail, check out the TVTropes page for the anime. Definitely hard science fiction, despite its deceptively shojo feel.

-- Bob
---------

- Logan Darklighter - 09-18-2010

(After having lost himself for at least 3-4 hours in TVTropes)
ARGH...
DARN you to heck, Bob!
Just for that - REVENGE!!! ^_^

(Seriously, though, thanks for the informative link. ^_^ )

- Bob Schroeck - 09-18-2010

...and next we'll be seeing Rikti Girls...
-- Bob
---------

- Jorlem - 09-21-2010

My copy came in today. Big Grin
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

- Jorlem - 09-22-2010

By the way, the complete collection of the anime is up in the daily deals at rightstuf.com for $29. Here's a link.
-----

- Bob Schroeck - 09-22-2010

Not any more, unfortunately. For those buying regardless, be aware that it's sub-only.
-- Bob
---------

- Jorlem - 09-22-2010

There seems to be some sort of rotation for the Daily Deals page. I've seen the same things pop up in there fairly regularly, for a while at least, so anyone interested could try waiting for it to go back in.
-----

Argh. I just checked my Amazon.com account and discovered that because I selected free shipping, I wouldn't get the two copies of Rocket Girls I ordered until November because it was being shipped with something that will come out at the end of October. So I've just changed my shipping options, and I'll be getting RG sometime next week.
-- Bob
---------

- Jorlem - 09-22-2010

By any chance, would the other thing be the Dresden Files short story collection?
-----

Indeed it would. You had the same thing happen?
-- Bob
---------

- Jorlem - 09-23-2010

Not exactly, but I do have it preordered. I'm getting it through Borders.com, as I had a 40% off coupon, and I wanted something to push me over the top for free shipping when I ordered the Full Metal Panic light novels.
-----

- robkelk - 09-23-2010

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Argh. I just checked my Amazon.com account and discovered that because I selected free shipping, I wouldn't get the two copies of Rocket Girls I ordered until November because it was being shipped with something that will come out at the end of October. So I've just changed my shipping options, and I'll be getting RG sometime next week.
I suppose it's too late to say "don't change things on my account"...
--
Rob Kelk

- Bob Schroeck - 09-23-2010

I was going to say, "no, I can change it" but when I got to Amazon it said, "oops, too late, being prepared for shipment right now, can't be changed."

Feh. Worry not.
-- Bob
---------

- robkelk - 09-23-2010

So you can't tell them to ship it now because it's being shipped now... When did Amazon hire bureaucrats?
--
Rob Kelk

- Black Aeronaut - 09-23-2010

Well, would someone mind telling me how it reads, and how it holds up against the anime? I'm holding off on picking up a copy.