Drunkard's Walk Forums
WTF Images of the Day Go Fourth! - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archived Image and Video Threads (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: WTF Images of the Day Go Fourth! (/showthread.php?tid=11605)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- robkelk - 12-19-2013

Saw this render and thought "What's he doing with Doug's bike?"

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/ ... 05/#442964
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

- Bob Schroeck - 12-19-2013

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Saw this render and thought "What's he doing with Doug's bike?"
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/ ... 05/#442964
I suppose that's one way to envision it.  I have another -- a real pic, not a render -- but it's on the machine back home.  If I remember I'll post it tonight.  
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

- ordnance11 - 12-22-2013

Huh
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

And here we are... - Bob Schroeck - 12-23-2013

[Image: 03a3687115f74aeea18901f8eabc095f82f17a56.jpg]
Okay, okay, this is the one I was really talking about:
[Image: 50826551f3412a290cee6d000547d2f8c0f04fce.jpg]
-- Bob
---------

- Mark Skarr - 12-24-2013

So, something more like this?
[Image: Doug%20Bike.png?psid=1]

- robkelk - 12-24-2013

Oh, you picked it up! I wasn't sure you would, given the reports of the built-in lighting not working well outside of 3delight...
--
Rob Kelk

- Mark Skarr - 12-24-2013

That's the advantage of Reality/Lux. It does its own lighting.

On the other hand, the fact that the lighting is only two mat zones is fairly annoying. (Lights in Lux are done by mat zones.) So, it's got the head lights as one zone, and the strips as another . . ..

Though the texturing seems a bit off as well. Guess that's what I get for trying to give it one when it didn't come with any.

- Ebony - 12-24-2013

Huh. I got the impression, from previous discussions, that it looked like Jay Leno's turbine bike.
[Image: Jay-Leno-Turbine.jpg]
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

- Bob Schroeck - 12-24-2013

Quote:Though the texturing seems a bit off as well. Guess that's what I get for trying to give it one when it didn't come with any.
Even so, that's very nice.
Quote:Huh. I got the impression, from previous discussions, that it looked like Jay Leno's turbine bike.
Well, we have described Leno's bike as a "real-world" version of Doug's, but mainly for the power system. The turbine on Doug's is more compact, though. And there have been multiple descriptions of Doug's bike as looking like a "missile on wheels". Remember, it's an earlier generation of the development line that led to the "modern" motorcycles of Bubblegum Crisis -- it's long, low, sleek and very streamlined. It's an Olympic swimmer to Leno's weightlifter.
-- Bob
---------

- Norgarth - 12-30-2013

[Image: rlanov1413_zpscc4cf2d8.gif][Image: rlNov1913_zps355e2d04.gif][Image: Starship-troopers-battle-the-bugs-1-_zps9f686407.jpg][Image: rlaoct1513_zps72137fc8.gif][Image: mythOct2513_zps5e12fbc7.jpg][Image: obnov2113_zps30574424.gif][Image: HerbnjamaalNov1013_zpsfe511354.jpg][Image: Shoesept2413_zps9d3bfab0.gif]

- Norgarth - 12-30-2013

[Image: scotty_zps93830fcb.jpg][Image: PlanB_zpse060f2a8.jpg][Image: genius_zpsed65a65c.jpg][Image: turtle_dove_by_imaginism-d6xnvgc_zps058e0c39.jpg][Image: Igive_zps14d104cf.jpg][Image: winterpoem_zpscd2bad23.jpg][Image: russians_zpse04d6654.jpg][Image: awesome-fire-cat_zps69a44bc3.jpg]

- robkelk - 12-31-2013

Timote Wrote:[Image: Starship-troopers-battle-the-bugs-1-_zps9f686407.jpg]
"Wabbits, Mister Wiko! Miwwions of 'em!"
--
Rob Kelk

- Norgarth - 12-31-2013

[Image: toyotagivingbirth_zpsbef96e20.jpg][Image: multiplechoice_zps4daa9076.jpg][Image: alpacalypse_zpsc424a868.jpg][Image: picake_zps1ecf5dfd.jpg][Image: slipperskates_zps4c3c5382.jpg][Image: raptorfreeworkplace_zpsd52f5514.jpg][Image: creamofdarkness_zpsbe190eba.jpg]

- Norgarth - 01-24-2014

[Image: Bigbuild2_zpsd2b8e7ab.jpg][Image: BATCAVE-BATMAN-LEGO-TOYS-5_zps63edcf6b.png][Image: legoMetalGearRex_zps95207c1d.jpg][Image: legoFlash_zps5cc9ebc5.jpg][Image: Lego_zps77f8781c.jpg][Image: Legohangman_zps82f575f0.jpg][Image: legoStarwarshanger_zps0d6cde90.jpg][Image: Legoevaunit1_zps567b4526.jpg]

- Ankhani - 01-31-2014

"I shall give these in units of Canadas"

[Image: canadas-in-US.jpg]
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

- Black Aeronaut - 01-31-2014

SNRK!

- Ebony - 01-31-2014

I'm guessing that Alaska and Hawaii don't have enough population to merit a Canada of their own.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

- robkelk - 02-01-2014

We'll let them join the actual Canada if they really want...
--
Rob Kelk

- Thesilentjackofalltrade - 02-01-2014

I'd say let Canada keep Alaska if it were not for the fact that they have alot of good resources....

Can Canada take the population?

- ordnance11 - 02-01-2014

They can just take Palin and her extended family. Heck throw in Michelle Bachman for good measure. 
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

- robkelk - 02-01-2014

ordnance11 Wrote:They can just take Palin and her extended family. Heck throw in Michelle Bachman for good measure.
I suppose that's fair. You have taken Justin Bieber, after all.
--
Rob Kelk

- DHBirr - 02-01-2014

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
They can just take Palin and her extended family. Heck throw in Michelle Bachman for good measure.
I suppose that's fair. You have taken Justin Bieber, after all.
A petition has actually been sent to the White House -- it topped the 100,000-signature threshold -- to deport Bieber from the United States as an undesirable influence.  So, no, at least some of us are sane enough not to want him.
Incidentally, re:  that "Canada" chart, is there any explanation of the color-coding, assuming it is coding and not just for contrast?  And what about the regional boundaries shown?
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

- Ankhani - 02-01-2014

There's no description of the image beyond the caption, so all I can do is guess. I don't think there's any significance to the colors beyond four-color theorem: you can color any map using only four colors and have no two adjacent regions the same color. The regional boundaries outline a portion of land wherein the approximate population is equal to the population of Canada. This aptly demonstrates the population density of some portions of the US;e.g. there are two Canadas in new England, one in the San Francisco bay area, but it takes all the plains and Rockies to make a Canada.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

- Dartz - 02-02-2014

Limerick is sinking...

[Image: RkOlseA.jpg]

- ordnance11 - 02-02-2014

Whoa, that's some strong seals and door/door frame. Got water coming through the keyhole though.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell