Drunkard's Walk Forums
New "Erma" up - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New "Erma" up (/showthread.php?tid=12522)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 05-13-2021

The Night Parade Part 21 - in which almost everybody has fun, and Erma learns about class differences

RE: New "Erma" up - Mamorien - 05-19-2021

The Night Parade Part 22 - in which the party's over.

RE: New "Erma" up - Mamorien - 05-26-2021

The Night Parade Part 23 -- in which Sam and Osamu appear to be bonding.

PLUS! After several appearances in Tales of Outcast, Erma's favorite character is following her to Tapas. "She is the heir to a fallen kingdom. She takes to the battlefield in the name of love and friendship. She is the Warrior Unicorn Princess", and her adventure continues.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 06-03-2021

The Night Parade Part 24: In which Emiko is not willing to let go.

RE: New "Erma" up - Mamorien - 06-09-2021

The Night Parade Part 25 - in which Emiko is making up for lost time with Osamu.

RE: New "Erma" up - Mamorien - 06-16-2021

The Night Parade Part 26 - in which Osamu reminds Emiko of a few things.

RE: New "Erma" up - Black Aeronaut - 06-17-2021

Yep. Osamu is an Old Skool Tengu. Though regarded as a trickster spirit, he is to be respected because he is very much capable of wrecking your shit, and in the most horrific ways possible.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 06-23-2021

The Night Parade Part 27: In which a day passes... and Erma does what she does best.

RE: New "Erma" up - Black Aeronaut - 06-25-2021

In a ways, you just gotta love how Emiko is having this extended BSOD moment.  Where she is trying to get over the fact that her father, with all the power that he wields, who could have ruined her entire life and that of the man she loves at the time of his own choosing, chose to let her go and live her life instead.  And the realization that perhaps, just maybe, he really would like to let go of the past and move on.

I can tell you from experience, it's not something that is going to be easy for Emiko to do.  Not when the things she has seen and experienced have had such an impact on her life.

In this way, I feel that Emiko is not wrong for being unwilling to forgive her father.  Especially when he specifically says that he is not asking for forgiveness.

But what he says... "I am not looking for forgiveness.  I don't need to.  After all... I am still your father."

This can be taken several ways.

In one sense, he could be saying that he hasn't *really* changed, and therefore is not seeking forgiveness because he does not actually regret anything he did.

Or he could be saying that it is not his right to ask for forgiveness precisely because he is her father.  Which would mean that he feels that what he has done to his family is unforgivable.

Or it may even be a bit of columns A and B.

But at this point, only time will tell for certain.

RE: New "Erma" up - nemonowan - 06-25-2021

I took it more as that he doesn't need forgiveness, because it wouldn't change anything at all.
Forgive him or not, he still is her father, the mighty Tengu Lord, and he still can destroy her life any time he wants, she exists at his sufferance.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 06-30-2021

The Night Parade Part 28: In which Emiko unloads, and mention is finally made of preparing for the Night Parade.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 07-16-2021

The Night Parade Part 29: In which... d'awwww...

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 07-23-2021

The Night Parade Part 30: In which Erma is complemented and the twins cross a line.

RE: New "Erma" up - Black Aeronaut - 07-24-2021

Oh gawd. Erma's face in the last panel is fucking priceless.

RE: New "Erma" up - Mamorien - 07-28-2021

The Night Parade Part 31: in which Yori lays down the law, and the last straggler is coaxed into participation.

RE: New "Erma" up - Mamorien - 08-04-2021

The Night Parade Part 32: In which I was wrong about who the last straggler is.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 08-04-2021

"No. Not tonight."

Such a simple phrase...

RE: New "Erma" up - Mamorien - 08-18-2021

The Night Parade Part 33 - in which everybody's stepping out in style, and family means nobody gets left behind.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 08-28-2021

The Link Between Worlds: In which Amy gets a phone call.

RE: New "Erma" up - Black Aeronaut - 08-30-2021

.... Why do I get this sneaking suspicion that those two have just bitten off more than they can chew?

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 09-09-2021

The Night Parade Part 34: In which apologies are made, accommodations are made, and credit is allotted.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 10-14-2021

Today... is Erma's birthday. Just a sketch to mark the occasion.

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 10-19-2021

13 Days of ERMA-WEEN 2021: Day 1 - Fear Street

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 10-20-2021

Day 2: The Haunting of Hill House

RE: New "Erma" up - robkelk - 10-22-2021

Day 3: Demon Slayer

Day 4: The Fall of the House of Usher