Drunkard's Walk Forums
Well Holy Shit. - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Legendary (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Well Holy Shit. (/showthread.php?tid=13373)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Well Holy Shit. - Matrix Dragon - 04-19-2019

So, dunno what news the old CoH crew has been following, but it seems the Hellions in Atlas Park might soon be getting a visit from a telekinetic catgirl archer again...

https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/18/the-city-of-heroes-private-server-team-has-released-its-code-to-the-world-but-not-the-characters/

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Bob Schroeck - 04-19-2019

I have no idea how to respond to this. At all.

Edit: No, I do. I would love to see COH come back from the dead. Let's hope it can happen.

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Wiregeek - 04-19-2019

(04-19-2019, 12:15 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I have no idea how to respond to this.  At all.

Edit:  No, I do.  I would love to see COH come back from the dead.  Let's hope it can happen.

So...   Are we gettin' the band back together?

I'm currently in outbreak learning about Enhancements!

Also, howdy. Been a while.

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Matrix Dragon - 04-19-2019

(04-19-2019, 09:47 PM)Wiregeek Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 12:15 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I have no idea how to respond to this.  At all.

Edit:  No, I do.  I would love to see COH come back from the dead.  Let's hope it can happen.

Wire lives! Also, seriously, did they get something running already? I'm gonna laugh if so.

(04-19-2019, 09:55 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 09:47 PM)Wiregeek Wrote:

Wire lives! Also, seriously, did they get something running already? I'm gonna laugh if so.

Like I said, I'm in game right now.  Ish.  It crashed.

AHHHHH! *runs off to find things.*

(04-19-2019, 10:35 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: AHHHHH! *runs off to find things.*

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/bf462j/a_guide_for_preparing_to_join_the_public_server/

things!

AND STUFF!

RE: Well Holy Shit. - OpMegs - 04-19-2019

Huh, interesting.

I admit, I'll probably wait until the people working on this say they've got a non-test client up and running or something, but very, very eenterestingk.

(04-19-2019, 11:07 PM)OpMegs Wrote: Huh, interesting.

I admit, I'll probably wait until the people working on this say they've got a non-test client up and running or something, but very, very eenterestingk.

From what I can see, the client is as stable as a bronie's figurine shelf, but the server is..  not keeping up with the load.

I'm guessing it's going to be 2-3 months before a v3 post-ncsoft codebase is viable.

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Matrix Dragon - 04-20-2019

Made it into Outbreak on Alice before the server died :lol

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Ankhani - 04-20-2019

Those of you with ATT accounts may wish to review the CoH page. Particularly the assertions in the final paragraph: "the secrecy wasn't out of a fear of shut-down but to allow the admins to milk money from it. Indeed, members of this cabal actively infiltrated and sabotaged other attempts to make private servers."

Citation Needed?

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Logan Darklighter - 04-20-2019

Huh.  

HUH!! 

Well how about THEM apples?

RE: Well Holy Shit. - robkelk - 04-20-2019

(04-20-2019, 07:28 PM)Ankhani Wrote: Those of you with ATT accounts may wish to review the CoH page. Particularly the assertions in the final paragraph: "the secrecy wasn't out of a fear of shut-down but to allow the admins to milk money from it. Indeed, members of this cabal actively infiltrated and sabotaged other attempts to make private servers."

Citation Needed?

<ATT-MOD hat: ON>
Yeah, that's a statement that needs a citation... especially since I called that editor on making an earlier incorrect statement on another page that could have left ATT open to legal action.
<ATT-MOD hat: OFF>

Thanks for letting me know about this.

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Acyl - 04-21-2019

So, apparently as of a few hours ago, the test server setup was able to cope with something like a thousand people simultaneously online, and it was at least stable enough for folks to be bumped to 50 en-masse and fight Hamidon. This is encouraging.

That said, it does remain to be seen how effectively future public... er... private servers... that's a weird sentence. Um. It remains to be seen how effectively future servers can be scaled to deal with large volumes of traffic. Certainly it's going to be viable to have little servers for relatively limited numbers of players... but I do figure that many of us would want to play on larger servers with a broader segment of the community.

Still! Very promising. I'm illiterate when it comes to code, but it's still interesting to see the technical discussion in discord channels over this.

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Matrix Dragon - 04-21-2019

Atl and I just teamed up with a police scanner team on Syn and Alice.

The moment we walked into that office building, all those Arachnos agents just froze. "OH GOD, THEY'RE BACK. HOW?!"

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Rajvik - 04-21-2019

(04-21-2019, 10:19 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Atl and I just teamed up with a police scanner team on Syn and Alice.

The moment we walked into that office building, all those Arachnos agents just froze. "OH GOD, THEY'RE BACK. HOW?!"

Oh gods, the way you wrote that, I wish you could have caught a screen shot, it would have been hilarious

(04-21-2019, 10:31 AM)Rajvik Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:19 AM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Atl and I just teamed up with a police scanner team on Syn and Alice.

Oh gods, the way you wrote that, I wish you could have caught a screen shot, it would have been hilarious

Mook: Boss! It's the heroes, they're back!
Wolf Spider Huntsman: Impossible. They haven't been seen since the fall of Portal Corp.
Purrfect Archer: Hey Jenkins.
Wolf Spider Huntsman: Hey Alice. So there is nothing to worry abo- Oh.
Syndesis: *Shit-Eating Grin*

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Wiregeek - 04-21-2019

It's good. It's really really good. Super Jump is just as good as I remember it.

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Drenivian - 04-21-2019

So what you are saying is that i should consider getting in on this so i can hear that lovely sonic res wub? I guess but FF14...

Dude, I spent the night alternating between Paragon City and Eoreza, I know your pain. Smile

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Dakota - 04-21-2019

They hit 1250+ players at one point today. I was running around on my mastermind doing pet emotes as I was remembering how to /macro and /bind setups. Nothing like doing me and my pets doing /em collapse when someone did a driveby buffing.

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Rajvik - 04-21-2019

Drive by buffing?

RE: Well Holy Shit. - Wiregeek - 04-21-2019

NYOOM

WOMP

NYOOOM!

Just got to level 5, crashed going into a door mission and I gotta go do RL stuff. 1600 players, 100% server load, but Bree's staying online. It's so damn good to be home!

Well, it's going down for some more fixes, but they're hoping that'll be the last time today.