Drunkard's Walk Forums
Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other People's Fanfiction (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=13537)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - nocarename - 01-25-2021

(01-25-2021, 12:43 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: Two of the most dangerous, capable and weird mercenary groups in space.

The Dendarii Free Mercenaries vs. Tagon's Toughs.

I strongly suspect that one of the employers was lied to.

I also strongly suspect that I'd want (counts on fingers) at least a supercluster between the meeting and myself, but observing remotes should be much closer.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Star Ranger4 - 01-25-2021

(01-25-2021, 04:54 PM)nocarename Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 12:43 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: Two of the most dangerous, capable and weird mercenary groups in space.

The Dendarii Free Mercenaries vs. Tagon's Toughs.

I strongly suspect that one of the employers was lied to.

I also strongly suspect that I'd want (counts on fingers) at least a supercluster between the meeting and myself, but observing remotes should be much closer.

Or both, with the inevitable result of the dreaded team up to go after the person behind this.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Labster - 01-28-2021

Can a simple rat teach a giant celestial turtle how to be a chef?  Find out in Rat'A'Tuin

(Discworld/Ratatouille)

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Jinx999 - 01-28-2021

Gossamer Axe find themselves in sudden dire need of a Roadie. They need the best roadie in the buisness, they need Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend).

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Bob Schroeck - 01-28-2021

... would the same idea, only for Hokago Tea Time, be "should" or "should not"?

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - hazard - 01-28-2021

Yes. Definitely at least one of those.

Yet I am left more curious, would Mr. Riggs like to back up the productions of Walkure (Macross Delta) or Franchouchou (Zombie Land Saga)?

I mean, he surely has some experience with... odd effects when people sing.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Ebony - 01-29-2021

(01-28-2021, 04:02 PM)hazard Wrote: Yes. Definitely at least one of those.

Yet I am left more curious, would Mr. Riggs like to back up the productions of Walkure (Macross Delta) or Franchouchou (Zombie Land Saga)?

I mean, he surely has some experience with... odd effects when people sing.

Once you're a roadie for Dethklok, everything else is pales by comparison.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Jinx999 - 01-31-2021

Project A-ko and My Hero Academia

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Black Aeronaut - 02-11-2021

Sudden thought.

Has anyone ever thought to do a Kancolle/Arpeggio of Blue Steel crossover?

Like, say that instead of Abyssals, we had Fleet of Fog and in response... Ship Girls began to appear, with all kinds of "OH HELL NAH YOU ARE NOT IMITATING ME YOU FAKE!"

If nothing else, it'd probably be extremely amusing to have Iona and Shioi meeting each other.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Bob Schroeck - 02-11-2021

It's not what you're looking for, honestly, but Undocumented Features has in the past few years incorporated both Arpeggio and KanColle, with the shipgirls as Mental Models.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Jinx999 - 02-11-2021

In a crossover of A Song of Ice and Fire and A Practical Guide to Evil . . . .

Which ASoIaF characters would earn a Name?

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Black Aeronaut - 02-12-2021

(02-11-2021, 09:06 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: It's not what you're looking for, honestly, but Undocumented Features has in the past few years incorporated both Arpeggio and KanColle, with the shipgirls as Mental Models.

Hmmmm....  Yeah, I've noticed that, but it doesn't have the same je ne se quoi I was after.  After all, UF is UF, and there is very little that compares with it.

I was thinking something somewhat more along the lines of Belated Battleships only with Fog instead of Abyssals.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Tennie - 02-14-2021

So here's a rather crazy idea for a crossover between Sailor Moon and Fate/Stay Night, which was inspired by a dream that I recently had:

So, some magical goofiness happens with the latest Holy Grail War that leads to both the War now taking place in Tokyo and also the Sailor Guardians of the Silver Millennium being chosen as the Heroes of said War. Meanwhile, at the same time the reborn Sailor Guardians have already reawakened and have fought several wars of their own by this point. Naturally, this leads inevitably to the two groups getting entangled with each others' antics, and mayhem ensues.

For one thing, imagine the reborn Guardians interacting with their past selves, and both groups influencing (in some ways deliberately and in other ways inadvertently) the courses of each others' respective events...

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - robkelk - 02-14-2021

(02-14-2021, 12:35 PM)Tennie Wrote: So here's a rather crazy idea for a crossover between Sailor Moon and Fate/Stay Night, which was inspired by a dream that I recently had:

So, some magical goofiness happens with the latest Holy Grail War that leads to both the War now taking place in Tokyo and also the Sailor Guardians of the Silver Millennium being chosen as the Heroes of said War.  Meanwhile, at the same time the reborn Sailor Guardians have already reawakened and have fought several wars of their own by this point.  Naturally, this leads inevitably to the two groups getting entangled with each others' antics, and mayhem ensues.

For one thing, imagine the reborn Guardians interacting with their past selves, and both groups influencing (in some ways deliberately and in other ways inadvertently) the courses of each others' respective events...

Does this happen during the events of Sailor Moon S, when Usagi actually has the Grail in her possession?

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Tennie - 02-15-2021

(02-14-2021, 12:55 PM)robkelk Wrote: Does this happen during the events of Sailor Moon S, when Usagi actually has the Grail in her possession?

I was thinking along those lines, such that we could have all the Sailor Guardians present at the same time. And yeah, given the craziness of the third season (which, if you ask me, is an excellent juxtaposition of goofiness and seriousness), adding in a Holy Grail War could only increase the insanity even further!

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Black Aeronaut - 02-15-2021

Heh.

Heh-heh-heh-heh...

Take Tennie's idea.

Combine it with the Crossover That Already Is of Sailor Moon and Dresden Files - Harry Dresden somehow winds up becoming Kino Makoto's foster/adoptive father a few years before she becomes Sailor Jupiter.

Hooo boy.  It'd be like in that one song where the singer goes, "Yeah, that's when it happened.  The world caught fire that day."

(The song is "Swingin'" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.)

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - itsune9tl - 02-16-2021

Not sure if this is a should be or a should not be, but let's replace Twilight Sparkle, with Mr. Toots, and watch the Chaos.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Bob Schroeck - 02-17-2021

What, is Spike going to carry him around? <grin>

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Jinx999 - 02-21-2021

The Belasarius series and Lest Darkness Fall.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - robkelk - 02-27-2021

(One sentence, because I wouldn't be surprised if somebody's already done this - and if it has been done, I'd like to know where and by whom. If not, then think of it as an elevator pitch instead of a full-fledged plotbunny.)

Miho Nishizumi is recruited to train Gundam/ArmSlave/whatever pilots, in Girls und Mecha

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Rajvik - 03-05-2021

i don't know the character, but i like the idea

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - robkelk - 03-05-2021

She's the protagonist of Girls und Panzer. I suspect you'd enjoy the series.

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Jinx999 - 03-19-2021

Full Metal Alchemist and Green Lantern. Greed gets the orange ring. What happens?

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - Mamorien - 03-19-2021

(03-19-2021, 03:41 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: Full Metal Alchemist and Green Lantern. Greed gets the orange ring. What happens?

The same thing that happens when you put a portable hole in a bag of holding. Or is it the other way around in revoise?

RE: Crossovers that Should Be: The Write Stuff - itsune9tl - 03-20-2021

(03-19-2021, 04:19 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 03:41 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: Full Metal Alchemist and Green Lantern. Greed gets the orange ring. What happens?

The same thing that happens when you put a portable hole in a bag of holding. Or is it the other way around in revoise?

Not really, with the Orange ring it's a case of "Mine!" or Be "Mine!-ed". With the loser becoming a projected agent of the ring's bearer. In either case Greed wins in the end.

It's a lot like dealing with a Shoggoth. Eat or be Eaten.  It can be done, but it brings the phrase "You are what you eat," to a whole new level. ...