Drunkard's Walk Forums

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archived Image and Video Threads (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN (/showthread.php?tid=13646)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Jinx999 - 02-14-2020

(02-13-2020, 07:38 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: Uvpdoiv.jpg]
That's an obvious translation error by someone unfamiliar with the Japanese slang term "Yankii".

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - DHBirr - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 01:49 AM)Jinx999 Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 07:38 PM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: Uvpdoiv.jpg]
That's an obvious translation error by someone unfamiliar with the Japanese slang term "Yankii".
Except that the slang term obviously originated as a Take That to Americans.

-----
"Oh, my people had many gods. There was Conformity, and Authority, and Expense Account, and Opinion. And there was Status, whose symbols were many, and who rode in the great chariot Cadillac, which was almost a god itself. And there was Atombomb, the dread destroyer, who would some day come to end the world." — Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen, H. Beam Piper

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - classicdrogn - 02-14-2020

A special message for Valentine's Day:
[Image: COVID19-protease-wuhan-virus.gif]

Poor Coronavirus is so misunderstood... all it wants is to wants to hug you and squeeze you and do naughty things to your cells in bed!

(So the threads aren't called WTF Images number Whichever anymore? Hold my beer, bro.)

linksauce

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Star Ranger4 - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 04:20 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: (So the threads aren't called WTF Images number Whichever anymore? Hold my beer, bro.)

Nope.  Cause its not just for images that make someone go wtf...  We get a lot that are just plain funny and awe inspiring beautiful.
*Dutifuly holds CD's beer*  Oh dear.  This will probably not end well.  The question is for who. *ROFL*

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - robkelk - 02-14-2020

Wildlife photography has changed since I last tried the artform. This one got its photographer the Natural History Museum's Wildlife Photographer of the Year award:

[Image: two-squabbling-mice.jpg]

More:

[Image: wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-highly-commended.jpg]

[Image: lucky-break.jpg]

Photos courtesy CBC News - here and here.

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - DHBirr - 02-14-2020

(02-14-2020, 04:36 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 04:20 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: (So the threads aren't called WTF Images number Whichever anymore? Hold my beer, bro.)

Nope.  Cause its not just for images that make someone go wtf...  We get a lot that are just plain funny and awe inspiring beautiful.
*Dutifuly holds CD's beer*  Oh dear.  This will probably not end well.  The question is for who. *ROFL*

Don't drink that beer, Star Ranger4classicdrogn may've gotten coronavirus in it!

-----
“We’ve had our differences, but he’s seen the light … and I made sure he moved toward it, instead of coming back.”

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Star Ranger4 - 02-14-2020

He just said to hold it. the implication is he expects to be back to finish it himself, therefore don't drink it. Besides, I didn't think most viri could handle alcohol. or am I thinking of Bacteria?

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - hazard - 02-15-2020

(02-14-2020, 10:54 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: He just said to hold it.  the implication is he expects to be back to finish it himself, therefore don't drink it.  Besides, I didn't think most viri could handle alcohol.  or am I thinking of Bacteria?

Most living things don't handle alcohol that well, and IIRC that includes viri. I'd expect viri to be somewhat hardier to alcohol poisoning than most things though.

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-15-2020

[Image: M6Zcmel.jpg]
[Image: gFRLtW8.gif]
[Image: cbTakud.jpg]
[Image: CTYkcXA.jpg]
[Image: tlg54JH.jpg]
[Image: qTeI5cE.jpg]
[Image: Y97odyg.jpg]
A bearly climbable cliff
https://i.imgur.com/XTtAQom.mp4

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-16-2020

[Image: k8aXOv8.jpg]
[Image: Q1Fvleh.jpg]
[Image: QAkeiuB.jpg]
[Image: X6bNLRh.jpg]
[Image: d8NdrXY.jpg]
[Image: BXnplYN.jpg]
[Image: OVZDnnq.jpg]
[Image: 1SO0Iw9.jpg]

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - classicdrogn - 02-16-2020

I'd like to know what the actual story is with the car, because that kind of damage wrapping around from the hood across the window post and all they way down the side and then onto the trunk as well is just bizarre. If not for the one broken window pane I'd say it was the automotive equivalent of horror movie makeup effects.

Also, the fishnets got a IRL laugh out of me, not just a snort or scoff. Good catch there Wink

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - hmelton - 02-17-2020

In reference to the "girl friend KEYED!" car I suspect the car was side swiped by some type of folded up farm impliment.

Probably some form of a Harrow that folds up into thirds forming a " night mare U".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrow_(tool)

I've seen damage like this before to the sides of farm trucks and I have done slicing damage to the side of a farm truck with disk blades.

the lack of broken windows makes me think it was a Harrow because the springs on most plows would break the glass and probably tear the doors and most of the roof off the vehicle.

Always remember when around farm equipment and impliments your vehicle in comparasion to farm impliments iis made of tinfoil.

I 'd would have been in quite a bit of trouble for "discing the turck:, but a couple of days before my uncle had "planted" the other side.

After that we cut a pocket out in the woods and put the trucks there.

hmelton

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-17-2020

(02-16-2020, 02:18 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Also, the fishnets got a IRL laugh out of me, not just a snort or scoff. Good catch there Wink
Well of course it was a good catch, that's what nets are for 8)

[Image: DJh6JPs.jpg]
[Image: 0Xek48r.jpg]
[Image: 5xuzBY0.png]
[Image: HzBCUPq.png]
[Image: w2wRoVr.jpg]
[Image: B2K45IR.jpg]
[Image: NHNm3zs.jpg]
[Image: 0UJZAeP.jpg]

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-19-2020

[Image: 4NOOJqH.gif]
[Image: RkJPZvK.gif]
[Image: XxJdzlk.jpg]
[Image: ESgqu8i.png]
[Image: StK5pNw.jpg]
[Image: O55vKUe.gif]
[Image: 3Iy4Txm.gif]
[Image: 95vmwwW.jpg]

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-19-2020

[Image: vsuwNgC.jpg]
[Image: BWzWCYW.gif]
[Image: vDglBLt.jpg]
[Image: uc5pveq.png]
[Image: dswFyUx.jpg]
[Image: qQQT6Pj.jpg]
[Image: 02enjkC.jpg]
[Image: 8dozOQR.jpg]

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-20-2020

[Image: c4JgBpC.jpg]
[Image: wv1knEJ.jpg]
[Image: 3w1I5xh.jpg]
[Image: di0nG77.jpg]
[Image: AL9SzPU.jpg]
[Image: u60GhbR.png]
[Image: 72FW5KT.jpg]
[Image: 9cosB5a.jpg]

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-21-2020

[Image: W5AdNwC.png]
[Image: CsrunNm.jpg]
[Image: nALMs7v.jpg]
[Image: ww2TfnB.png]
[Image: PZV4Dwu.png]
[Image: 64fAgdL.jpg]
[Image: IFiLUhT.jpg]
[Image: gPvVwOU.png]

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Star Ranger4 - 02-21-2020

I wasn't drinking anything and STILL this batch made me snarf so hard my nose hurt Norgarth!

Well done?

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - classicdrogn - 02-21-2020

Kitteh says roll for initiative, bitches.

And I want to read some of that Link Insert fanfic now...

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - DHBirr - 02-21-2020

(02-21-2020, 07:16 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Kitteh says roll for initiative, bitches.

I scratch "kitteh" behind the ears.  The creature rolls over on the table, disrupting the horde of orcs the DM had arrayed against my party.  Three hundred xp for ingenuity.  

Edit:  On the minus side, I have to buy replacements for a couple of the DM's miniatures that got damaged, and she gives me a nasty glare for screwing up her boss battle.

-----
Up, lad, up!  We've villages to pillage, maidens to slay, and dragons to rescue!

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-22-2020

[Image: ezAkoeQ.png]
[Image: wvdSnXy.png]
[Image: h4mfx4p.png]
[Image: v6IbXsv.jpg]
[Image: iDTjlia.jpg]
[Image: d5GtAnN.jpg]
[Image: dmCl7LB.jpg]
[Image: yuervhf.jpg]

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - robkelk - 02-22-2020

(02-22-2020, 11:27 AM)Norgarth Wrote: [Image: dmCl7LB.jpg]

Huh? "Worcestershire" is a two-syllable word - the misquote doesn't work. You need something like "Worcester Of Shires" there.

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Star Ranger4 - 02-22-2020

Most people read that label as three sylababbles. I know I did, often still do, even after hearing gryphon of EpU explain its really only two.

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - classicdrogn - 02-23-2020

How do you get only two syllables out of "worcestershire?" Leave the "shire" out entirely? But that's the part that tastes the best! I tend tend to season it with a few extra syllables myself, like Bugs Bunny anointing the Sheriff of Nottingham "Sir Loin of Beef, Earl of Woosta-soosta-soosta-sheer!"

RE: Images: This one goes to ELEVEN - Norgarth - 02-23-2020

[Image: q2tebuH.jpg]
[Image: 2e9hXAH.jpg]
[Image: 8Uo4FQc.png]
[Image: pgIXa6V.jpg]
[Image: u99BQYD.gif]
[Image: ulaWzhb.gif]
[Image: n00gi5N.png]
[Image: EORo2s0.gif]