Drunkard's Walk Forums
Splitting Chapter 3 - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: The Drunkard's Walk (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Drunkard's Walk S: Heart of Steel (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Splitting Chapter 3 (/showthread.php?tid=13771)

Splitting Chapter 3 - Bob Schroeck - 03-17-2020

Because chapter three is so freaking huge, and has been taking so long to finish (how the hell could a simple tutoring scene be giving me so much trouble?), I'm considering splitting it in half, and getting the first part out to the prereaders before the end of the week.  A quick check at about the halfway point shows me I actually have two good places where I could break the chapter, so this won't be as bad as I'd feared.  I just need to come up with a new title and pull quotes for the first half, as the current ones apply mostly to the back half...

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Niteflier - 03-18-2020

Whatever you want to do, Boss. We'll be eagerly awaiting what you give us.

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Bob Schroeck - 03-18-2020

Think of it as also my contribution to entertaining those isolating themselves. <grin>

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Star Ranger4 - 03-18-2020

YAY!!!!

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Bob Schroeck - 03-18-2020

So in case you didn't notice the updated announcement banner, chapter 3 has indeed been split into 3 and 4, at 166Kb and 128Kb respectively. (And I estimate that 4 is approximately 2/3 done at this point, judging by the plot points left to hit.)

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Bob Schroeck - 03-20-2020

And chapter 3 has gone to the prereaders.

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Black Aeronaut - 03-25-2020

Ahhh yiiiz.

Now I need to get my ass moving on one or two things. Tongue

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - DeputyJones - 03-30-2020

I needed this sooo much. Thanks, Bob.

Hey! The Snickers Hole - it's working!

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Bob Schroeck - 03-31-2020

You're welcome, DJ.

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Bob Schroeck - 04-05-2020

Quick update: I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the prereaders before I mark up the story for the site.

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Norgarth - 04-05-2020

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Labster - 04-06-2020

(04-05-2020, 08:28 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Quick update:  I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the prereaders before I mark up the story for the site.

C'mon last prereader, hurry up! You know who you are.

(But I don't)

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - Bob Schroeck - 04-09-2020

Well, the particular set of comments I was waiting for came in last night, and well that I waited for it. One amusing thing the prereader pointed out is that a detail I picked up off the new Viz translations is going to conflict with "established canon" from the 90s translation. Can't wait for the emails I'm likely to get over that.

Anyway, unless something more is waiting for me in my inbox at the end of the day today, I'll be posting tonight.

RE: Splitting Chapter 3 - robkelk - 04-09-2020

(fires up the email client...)

No, just kidding.