Drunkard's Walk Forums
It's raining what? - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: The Drunkard's Walk (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: It's raining what? (/showthread.php?tid=14037)

It's raining what? - robkelk - 01-18-2021

"Raining Horses", by Corb Lund, lyrics by Corb Lund and Jaida Dreyer, from the album Agricultural Tragic (released by New West Records), copyright 2020.

The earliest that Doug would have been able to get a copy of this song would be in MegaTokyo, when he had first access to music up to the 2030s. Which means he'd just come from Valdemar, and the association between horses and Companions was still fresh in his subconscious. Push the song a bit, and ... mares in the area start foaling Companions, maybe?

EDIT: Alternately, push a bit a different way, to ignore the verses and concentrate on the chorus. You get a horse, and you get a horse, and you get a horse, and you get a horse, and you get a horse ... everybody gets a horse!

RE: It's raining what? - itsune9tl - 01-18-2021

With the Sense of humor Doug's power seems to have. It would start raining Hobby Horses.

RE: It's raining what? - Star Ranger4 - 01-18-2021

Or worse, that it choses to RAIN horses, causing many casualties both human and Equine?

RE: It's raining what? - itsune9tl - 01-19-2021

If it does, I hope it doesn't monkey paw the horses. Local Ranchers would get upset. Especially if the horse in question either Disapeared out from under, or took the rider along.
then it would go into His do not play list, with a court ordered seal.

RE: It's raining what? - DHBirr - 01-19-2021

(01-19-2021, 05:29 PM)itsune9tl Wrote: If it does, I hope it doesn't monkey paw the horses. Local Ranchers would get upset. Especially if the horse in question either Disapeared out from under, or took the rider along.
then it would go into His do not play list, with a court ordered seal.

This could work as a way to murder someone, if you didn't care about offing the horse, too:  the spell teleports every horse within the area of effect, ridden or not, to the maximum altitude of the area of effect ... and then drops them to rain down upon the ground, splatDefinitely a "Do Not Play" unless Doug knows for certain the only horse within range is all-caps EVIL and so is its rider. And how likely is that?

RE: It's raining what? - nocarename - 01-19-2021

Indeed, a Bad Horse would be fairly rare.

RE: It's raining what? - Bob Schroeck - 01-20-2021

Might be a good song to pair with Corb Lund's "Cows Around". <grin>

I would rather not have an actual literal rain of horses, unless of course like with "It's Raining Men" they're paratroopers. <grin>

EDIT: I was trying to figure out why some of the melody sounded familiar... and I realized why:

I'm sure it's totally coincidental, but the two "It's raining x" phrases sound terribly similar.

RE: It's raining what? - hazard - 01-21-2021

I'd think that Doug would be a little suspicious of It's Raining Men given the overt religious/spiritual references.

Might be interesting if a different version basically does what the song says happened; it summons an angel to serve as a romantic partner. That admittedly has lots of implications.

RE: It's raining what? - DHBirr - 01-21-2021

(01-19-2021, 07:48 PM)nocarename Wrote: Indeed, a Bad Horse would be fairly rare.

Not in Celtic lands, where there're legends of the vicious each-uisge....

RE: It's raining what? - Inquisitive Raven - 01-21-2021

(01-21-2021, 11:28 AM)DHBirr Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 07:48 PM)nocarename Wrote: Indeed, a Bad Horse would be fairly rare.

Aka kelpies.

RE: It's raining what? - itsune9tl - 01-22-2021

(01-21-2021, 10:48 PM)Inquisitive Raven Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 11:28 AM)DHBirr Wrote:

Aka kelpies.

Sounds fishy to me...