Drunkard's Walk Forums
[OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: My Apartment Manager is not an Isekai Character (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: The Attic (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. (/showthread.php?tid=14103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - robkelk - 12-30-2021

Almost posted this one over in the DW-S forum, but I wasn't sure about the cosmology there, so...

Does a reflection show the true individual?

[Image: __tsukino_usagi_and_sailor_moon_bishoujo...053c4e.jpg]

(Also, an outfit for her to wear once it warms up in Ottawa. Source)

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - robkelk - 12-31-2021

(12-24-2021, 05:42 AM)Labster Wrote: ...
There are 8 apartments per floor, 3 floors.  The ground floor is parking, because it's California, and made of concrete.  Below that are piles driven into the sandy soil to support the building.  The plumbing set up so that the apartments are nearly mirror images of each other, so there are only four zones in the building you have to run pipes and ducts -- on the walls between the bathrooms and kitchens.

Right - that saves on plumbing quite a bit.

Likewise, half of the apartments at Blossom are mirror-images of the one I've been posting. (I know there used to be an easy way to flip a set along one axis in Daz Studio 3, but I'm using daz Studio 4 now and that trick might not work any more.) I have the tenants at Blossom sorted into a couple of lists now - the ones that need the mirror-image environment are listed under the wholly imaginative and original </self-sarcasm> title of "There's a bathroom on the right". We'll set them aside for the moment. There's also "There's a bathroom on the left", who I can address immediately - this list includes the common room, where the bathroom plumbing is replaced with a larger kitchen - and "There's a bathroom wherever the hell they want it because it's in a pocket dimension and Washuu-chan set it up to be self-contained, but there's no windows", who will get a different apartment layout if they want. Considering these apartments are occupied by ITEM, some of them will "want".

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - classicdrogn - 12-31-2021

Just to make sure, did the heating vent import properly, Rob? I only have Blender to test with. Also, I may have forgotten to apply the bevel modifier on the shutter knob, but that shouldn't be hard to fix if so; it was just a 0.1 unit single-step bevel on all the edges IIRC, maybe 0.05. Probably not even really necessary for a minor background detail item, honestly.

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - robkelk - 01-01-2022

Daz Studio insists on importing it at one unit = 1 meter, but it's easy enough to rescale to 1% of imported after the import. (What's more difficult is that DS has miserable controls for making cutouts - I eventually had to fake it with pokethrough, and I'm not completely happy with my fakery.)

You can see it in use here: Minako's "living room", with better furniture than the default stuff. It's at the leftmost edge of the render. (Click on the image for a larger copy.)

Again, thank you for making the vent cover for me!

Episode 52 of the anime showed us Minako's bedroom, and it was chock-full of stuffed animal toys. Alas, my library is not chock-full of stuffed animal toys - she has to make do with two in the front room and two in the bedroom, for now. OTOH, the TV remote and game controller should give an idea of the scale of the room.

There's a bit of the kitchen/dining area visible on the right side of the image. Yes, Minako is using patio furniture for her dining table and chairs - she arrived in the Metacontinuity at the end of summer, so it was on sale. But it looks good; I should render a scene of her kitchen/dining area to show it off better.

The fanart on the wall is by "kotikomori". Links are listed in this post. Because of the fanart, I can't offer a CC license of any sort for this image.

EDIT: And now that I'm seeing it close-up in a render, I'm finally noticing that the TV isn't just widescreen, it's CinemaScope. Lord Phantomhive must have been in a good mood when approving that expenditure for all the apartments at Blossom - maybe it's because my SI told him the building didn't need extensive repairs the way other residences did.

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - classicdrogn - 01-01-2022

Really? I'm surprised there's no boolean tool available. In that case, a simpler version that is designed for just sitting on top of a floor at Z 0.0 might work better:

[Image: vEm6bnr.png]

Here's a v2 .zip that has both versions plus the screen caps and a copy of the CC-0 1.0 Universal license inside, for ease of adding it to your 3D resource archive-wiki-thing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Me9DWBLlFIgZdOWZSNk8ZerRj1Djj462/view?usp=sharing

Same scale still.

I don't have any stuffed animal models, and have never actually played with the strand particle system stuff, let alone having tried to export it.

e: and dammit, I forgot to bevel the shutter knob again

It's good enough, really. Thanks again.

As for stuffed animal models, I have a little list: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Toy-Style_Figures#Plushies right now, I'm going through and seeing what says it can't be used in DS for whatever reason, or requires credit on the image, or has some other reason I can't or won't use it.

(01-01-2022, 06:38 AM)robkelk Wrote: There's a bit of the kitchen/dining area visible on the right side of the image. Yes, Minako is using patio furniture for her dining table and chairs - she arrived in the Metacontinuity at the end of summer, so it was on sale. But it looks good; I should render a scene of her kitchen/dining area to show it off better.

Here we go... Click on the image for a larger copy.

CC-BY, on the off-chance anybody wants to use it elsewhere.

And it was halfway through the render when I realized you couldn't see the coffee cup I left on the table at Minako's usual spot.

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - Inquisitive Raven - 01-02-2022

Nothing wrong with patio furniture indoors. That's what I did when I had a studio apartment in a Philly suburb.

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - robkelk - 01-05-2022

(12-27-2021, 10:10 AM)robkelk Wrote: A little something for the Obligatory Beach Episode

[attachment=354]

Larger version at pixiv

While the thought of wearing a runway-model swimsuit for beach volleyball is amusing, it isn't very practical... She'd probably look more like this.

.jpg   91960326_p1_resized.jpg (Size: 46.04 KB / Downloads: 136)

(Larger copy on pixiv)

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - robkelk - 01-06-2022

I'm sure we can do something with this image, too... including discussing why Hayate is looking after Shamal's daughter.

[Image: __yagami_hayate_shamal_and_zafira_lyrica...8fbf93.jpg]

(Reduced to 1/12 size - original here)

And why should the self-inserts be the only ones to find romance?

A set of three fan art images by "nagashiro rouge":

[Image: __zafira_and_arf_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_mo...5bef71.jpg]

[Image: __zafira_and_arf_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_mo...504a60.jpg]

[Image: __zafira_and_arf_lyrical_nanoha_and_3_mo...2b1735.jpg]

(Originals here, here, and here, respectively.)

Quoting Black Aeronaut from another closed thread:
Quote:Whenever I think of The Book of Darkness, I think of Diane Duane's Young Wizards Series. In particular, the race of living computers that Dairine Callahan inadvertently helped create.

Imagine a Jupiter-sized world composed of nothing but chemically pure silicon and a few trace elements, volcanoes that regularly deposit the molten silicon as a fine mist in layers, and microorganisms that chew circuit pathways through the silicon to get at the trace elements, and that this has been going on for billions of years.

This planet becomes known as 'The Motherboard' and the race it created with Dairine's help are known as 'The Mobiles'. And Dairine felt it was a very good idea (and it was, too!) that ALL THE MOBILES have access to Wizardry. Oh, and no matter how far and wide they wander, the mobiles are always connected to The Motherboard.

And then there was one of my favorite lines in the whole book: "There is no program that cannot be debugged, or at worse, re-written."

And you know what they debugged? Death itself!!!

Just imagine having that kind of magically enhanced processing power on hand during the Book of Darkness incident. Heh-heh-heh...

Hey, could they start by debugging a minor but annoying inability to physically grow any older? Thanks in advance.

Later:

[Image: __vita_signum_shamal_graf_eisen_levantin...13ff88.jpg]

(Source)

Why she has Louise Francoise le Blanc de la Valliere's hairstyle is trivial - she didn't have time to braid her hair.

What is important is why the situation has become so dire that Nanoha can't use Raising Heart but Raising Heart needs to be deployed immediately, so Vita has to dual-wield Intelligent Devices... but that's something for BA to describe. Assuming that he agrees with me on when this happens, this post describes part of the aftermath of the situation.

[Image: __louise_francoise_le_blanc_de_la_vallie...8a7a40.jpg]

(Source, and I'll stop posting images of BA's characters for now.)

That doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting, though...

"Mikoto Misaka, you stand at a crossroads," Setsuna said with all the gravitas she could muster - which by this point was quite a bit. "The Time Gate will now show two possible futures in store for you, and it is up to you to choose wisely to bring about the correct future."

[Image: __misaka_mikoto_and_kamijou_touma_toaru_...99cb43.jpg]

[Image: __misaka_mikoto_and_shirai_kuroko_toaru_...9ca777.jpg]

The first image was more to her preferences than the second, but she wasn't displeased by either scene. Thinking quickly, remembering her landlord's situation, and throwing caution to the winds, Railgun quickly asked Sailor Pluto, "What do I have to do to make sure both futures come to pass?"

(Sources here and here, respectively.)

Meanwhile, Ruiko is only shown one future...

[Image: __saten_ruiko_toaru_majutsu_no_index_and...9fe425.png]

(Source)

Looking for older versions of Sailor Moon characters was pretty much what I expected: there's plenty of images of Black Lady, there's plenty of images of Mistress 9, there's plenty of images of Black Lady and Mistress 9... Ah, good; there are a few images that aren't of either or both of those two.

Neo-Queen Serenity:

[Image: __tsukino_usagi_and_neo_queen_serenity_b...849ba9.jpg]

Source

Neo-queen Serenity and her consort Endymion:

[Image: __tsukino_usagi_chiba_mamoru_neo_queen_s...eab936.png]

Source

Chibiusa who isn't Dark Lady, and Helios:

[Image: __chibi_usa_and_helios_bishoujo_senshi_s...f280a4.png]

source

Or were you expecting "girls and horses"?

[Image: __chibi_usa_small_lady_serenity_helios_a...c59163.jpg]

Source

The Sailor Team:

[Image: __mizuno_ami_aino_minako_hino_rei_and_ki...f41827.jpg]

Source

Mothers and daughters:

[Image: __tsukino_usagi_mizuno_ami_aino_minako_h...d11c44.jpg]

Source. Some of them have had individual images copied over from pixiv: Usagi, Mamoru, Usagi and Mamoru's daughter "Mikage" who is apparently totally not Chibiusa, Makoto, Ami, Ami's daughter "Aina", Minako, Minako's daughter "Venus", Rei, Hotaru, and Hotaru and Chibiusa.

Chibiusa and the Amazoness Quartet.

In-Metacontinuity dialog:

"When your mother was your age, she was working with, and fighting alongside, her closest friends and advisors. It's high time you did the same thing. Bunny Chiba, it's time for you to run away and join the circus."

"Aw, do I have to?"

[Image: __chibi_usa_cerecere_pallapalla_vesves_a...3a42e1.jpg]

Source

Chibi-Moon and Sailor Ceres:

[Image: __chibi_usa_sailor_chibi_moon_cerecere_s...098fb1.jpg]

Source

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - robkelk - 01-07-2022

Going in the other direction... If Usagi and Mamoru do end up copying canon future-history and their first child in the Metacontinuity is Chibiusa, then we can use this one:

[Image: __chibi_usa_and_luna_p_bishoujo_senshi_s...bcb2ae.png]

Source

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - robkelk - 01-09-2022

Kinomoto-kun, I understand you use cards to invoke your magic...

[Image: __takamachi_nanoha_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_...b25613.png][Image: __vita_and_graf_eisen_lyrical_nanoha_and...1e5bc2.png]

(Sources: here and here, respectively.)

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - Black Aeronaut - 01-09-2022

(01-09-2022, 02:24 PM)robkelk Wrote: Kinomoto-kun, I understand you use cards to invoke your magic...

[Image: __takamachi_nanoha_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_...b25613.png][Image: __vita_and_graf_eisen_lyrical_nanoha_and...1e5bc2.png]

(Sources: here and here, respectively.)

Waitahminit...  Aren't these....

*Goes to the booru and checks the tags*

Yep.  Pactio Cards.

Ironically, Ben would only be able to do this as Yamina because Fem-Ben = antimage electromage

And getting Vita to agree to that kind of thing would probably be hilarious to see because it would be Hayate who is cajolling her into it...  and then watching with a pervy smile.  Because Hayate.  Tongue

(01-06-2022, 06:25 PM)robkelk Wrote: Quoting Black Aeronaut from another closed thread:
Quote:Whenever I think of The Book of Darkness, I think of Diane Duane's Young Wizards Series. In particular, the race of living computers that Dairine Callahan inadvertently helped create.

Imagine a Jupiter-sized world composed of nothing but chemically pure silicon and a few trace elements, volcanoes that regularly deposit the molten silicon as a fine mist in layers, and microorganisms that chew circuit pathways through the silicon to get at the trace elements, and that this has been going on for billions of years.

This planet becomes known as 'The Motherboard' and the race it created with Dairine's help are known as 'The Mobiles'. And Dairine felt it was a very good idea (and it was, too!) that ALL THE MOBILES have access to Wizardry. Oh, and no matter how far and wide they wander, the mobiles are always connected to The Motherboard.

And then there was one of my favorite lines in the whole book: "There is no program that cannot be debugged, or at worse, re-written."

And you know what they debugged? Death itself!!!

Just imagine having that kind of magically enhanced processing power on hand during the Book of Darkness incident. Heh-heh-heh...

Hey, could they start by debugging a minor but annoying inability to physically grow any older? Thanks in advance.

Later:

[Image: __vita_signum_shamal_graf_eisen_levantin...13ff88.jpg]

(Source)

Heh.

I can't help but feel like Vita is thinking to herself...  "Sunuvabitch.  I got this growth spurt at long last, and I'm still flat as a pancake.  Fucking hell."

RE: [OOC][Fun] Image thread? Image thread. - Norgarth - 01-09-2022

(01-06-2022, 08:15 PM)robkelk Wrote: Mothers and daughters:

Source. Some of them have had individual images copied over from pixiv: Usagi, Mamoru, Usagi and Mamoru's daughter "Mikage" who is apparently totally not Chibiusa, Makoto, Ami, Ami's daughter "Aina", Minako, Minako's daughter "Venus", Rei, Hotaru, and Hotaru and Chibiusa.

there's no names for Chibi-Jupiter or Chibi-Mars

(01-09-2022, 02:22 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 07:10 PM)robkelk Wrote: Meanwhile, Ruiko is only shown one future...

[Image: __saten_ruiko_toaru_majutsu_no_index_and...9fe425.png]

(Source)

Only gonna say this once:  BOGGLE!  Tongue

There's also a version of the image where she isn't wearing glasses... but with an adoptive father and two stepmothers who wear glasses all the time and a third stepmother who wears glasses some of the time, I thought the glasses were appropriate.

As for "boggle", she's quite the looker even when she's 12, as in canon...

Okay, last one...

(01-06-2022, 06:07 PM)robkelk Wrote: I'm sure we can do something with this image, too... including discussing why Hayate is looking after Shamal's daughter.

Hmmm...  Feels more like an AU where Shamal is Hayate's daughter.

Besides, if it was actually Shamal's daughter, then who's the dad?  (Don't say it's Benjamin - he's got enough on his plate! Tongue )

(01-06-2022, 06:07 PM)robkelk Wrote: And why should the self-inserts be the only ones to find romance?

A set of three fan art images by "nagashiro rouge":

[Image: __zafira_and_arf_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_mo...5bef71.jpg]

[Image: __zafira_and_arf_lyrical_nanoha_and_2_mo...504a60.jpg]

[Image: __zafira_and_arf_lyrical_nanoha_and_3_mo...2b1735.jpg]

(Originals here, here, and here, respectively.)

Zafira with that smile seems kinda...  I dunno, a bit off?  We hardly ever see him smile.

The last image feels much more in-character for him.  Like he's going, "Not that I'm actually unhappy, but I wasn't expecting an entire liter of carbon copies of *you*..."

Arf: "You say that now, but just wait until they hit their rebellious phase.  Then you'll be all depressed, pining for these days..."

(01-09-2022, 02:48 PM)Norgarth Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 08:15 PM)robkelk Wrote: Mothers and daughters:

there's no names for Chibi-Jupiter or Chibi-Mars

Presumably there are on pixiv, but I haven't had time to go look.

Besides, at least one name we did get was a rather lazy choice...

"I am Venus, code-named 'Venus'!"

"Really?"

"Yeah... Sometimes I think Mom hates me."

Wow... in looking for older versions of the characters in the Metacontinuity, I do believe I have found the most beautiful fan art of Ui Hirasawa ever.

[Image: __hirasawa_ui_k_on_drawn_by_senji_tegone...f2801a.jpg]

source

I wonder who the lucky guy is who got to marry her.

(01-09-2022, 02:52 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Okay, last one...

(01-06-2022, 06:07 PM)robkelk Wrote: I'm sure we can do something with this image, too... including discussing why Hayate is looking after Shamal's daughter.

Hmmm...  Feels more like an AU where Shamal is Hayate's daughter.

Besides, if it was actually Shamal's daughter, then who's the dad?  (Don't say it's Benjamin - he's got enough on his plate! Tongue )

I've been lead to believe that there's at least a half-dozen guys in San Antonio who aren't Ben... Smile

She's one of the most powerful electromasters on the planet.

She's a teleporter with a burning desire for justice.

They fight crime!

After they graduate from college, that is... so, in the Metacontinuity, after Arc 4.

[Image: __misaka_mikoto_and_shirai_kuroko_toaru_...8d0a93.png]

Source