Drunkard's Walk Forums
Speaking of D-hopping - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: The Drunkard's Walk (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Future Steps (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Speaking of D-hopping (/showthread.php?tid=1596)

Pages: 1 2

Speaking of D-hopping - Skitz Warriors Alpha - 01-10-2004

Bob, have you had Skeeve and Aahz (from Robert Asprin's Myth Series) make a cameo appearance yet?

Skitz

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Bob Schroeck - 01-11-2004

No... It didn't occur to me yet -- and BGC is probably an inappropriate place to throw them in. However, somewhere in a future Step I'll have to remember to sneak them into a scene.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Skitz Warriors Alpha - 01-12-2004

Of course, you're going to have to keep it to a cameo, since they could pretty much solve your whole trip/problem/plot in one swell foop.

Skitz.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Valles - 01-12-2004

Who says that they know where to find Warriors' World? Well off the beaten track, and all that.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Bob Schroeck - 01-12-2004

Quote:
Who says that they know where to find Warriors' World? Well off the beaten track, and all that.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure we never did a Myth-Adventures adventure in the campaign, and I'm almost certain that we don't have a gate to the Bazaar at Deva.
Not to mention that Legion and Minerva in what is written of DW10 are pretty sure that Warriors' World is a skewline running perpendicular to most other timelines...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Scrambler - 01-14-2004

I wonder if (obviously after DW 10) he ever runs into Edison Bell on his Walk? After all, Bell does the dimensional travel thing himself. Quite a bit of it, if I remember correctly.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Bob Schroeck - 01-14-2004

I'd have to clear that with the EPU folks, and since that would be tantamount to a crossover with UF and/or HL, it'd probably be turned down with a "thanks but no thanks".

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Kokuten - 01-14-2004

"Roight, Gryphon, can I borrow the Edison?"
"huh?"[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - jpub - 01-14-2004

Speaking of which....
Who did Ed bribe to let him do his crossover-bit with UF, anyway? And what did he use?--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Bob Schroeck - 01-14-2004

Quote:
Who did Ed bribe to let him do his crossover-bit with UF, anyway? And what did he use?
You know, I brought this up a year or more back on the EPU boards. I joked around a bit that since DW was going to crossover with Legion's Quest, and since Legion's Quest was already threaded through UF continuity, that made DW continuity in UF, too...
I got a rather terse message from Gryphon that Ed's UF crossover was not done with central editorial permission, and whatever EPU person it was who co-wrote it with him (Larry Mann? I forget now) should not have done it, and Gryphon doesn't consider it continuity, etc. etc. It was just short of an angry snarl in tone, too; it's apparently a very sore point with Gryphon.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - offsides - 01-15-2004

I believe that Doc and PCHammer threw in a few things, but if you read the thank-you's in later chapters there's one thanking the folks @ EPU for not skinning him alive, or something like that...
I consider it to be similar to the (once again) stagnated GURPS-UF PBEM game - a parallel branch of the EPU world that split off at some point.
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - jpub - 01-15-2004

Quote:
It was just short of an angry snarl in tone, too; it's apparently a very sore point with Gryphon.
Let's be honest, Bob, paperclips are a sore point with Gryphon at times.
Excellent writer, but a bit touchy.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Bob Schroeck - 01-15-2004

Well, yeah. Pity; when he's in a good mood, he seems like the kind of guy I wouldn't mind hanging around with. But set him off and sheesh...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Disruptor - 01-15-2004

I wonder if Doug will run into Twister on his journey.
Twister/Darlene also does a lot of dimension travelling.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Morgan Champion - 01-15-2004

Check out the Legion's Quest crossover.
Incidentally,I've been wondering....
If Darlene's far-future form is an elven mage,what is the far-future form of Twister's male half?"There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets""There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Disruptor - 01-15-2004

Before Twister took it down, I read the partial fic of him in Tenchi. Washu wanted to see what Twister's future self is like and with his consent put him in a virtually unbreakable tube.
The far future self of Twister calls himself Vortex. His hair is blue and he has a blue gem in the center of his forehead. Instead of getting angry to go that far like Darlene did, he clears himself of all emotions and is logical.
Vortex got out of the tube that Washu had him in, much to her shock, and then when Ryoko came to investigate, he threw Ryoko one handed into the air. Then the story jumps to much later and Darlene casts a sleep spell at Ryoko
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Bob Schroeck - 01-15-2004

You beat me to it, ShinD. I might even have that passage somewhere on my home machine, if anyone wants to see it. (There isn't much there, just a few paragraphs, really.)
As for the original question, that really depends. DW2 was originally supposed to take place in the Twister/Legion version of the BGC world -- instead of opening with Nene and Lisa, it was going to have Legion at dinner with Sylvie and Anri when Doug arrived. But I could never get in touch with Twister. And now he seems to have left the Net (again?). I wouldn't write such a thing without his input (or, at the very least, permission), and if I can't locate him, it's not likely that I'd get it.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - WengFook - 01-16-2004

say i am just curious but are there currently only four twisted path stories??

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Bob Schroeck - 01-17-2004

Yeah, pretty much. Twisted Path 4 did spawn an alternate "Bubblegum Zone" timeline where Bert and Priss ended up with Jedi training (I think it was called "The Alternate Zone", in fact). But no more TP was written save for a fragment from a far future installment in a fantasy world.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Speaking of D-hopping - Aleh - 01-17-2004

Where might I find this 'Alternate Zone'? It's not on Bert's homepage that I can see...

Oh, and there *IS* a fragmented version of TP5...- Aleh, who is currently working on a Ranma fic in which Kunou decides the only way to beat the 'Foul Sorcerer' is to learn his ways... and is currently running around wearing a black helmet and calling himself 'Darth Kunou'.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]

Alternate Zone - drakensis - 01-17-2004

I thought it was on raac but I can't find it there. Try downloading it from:
www.100megsfree4.com/drak...zone12.doc
I can't but that's because my computer has an annoying phobia regarding Word documents.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Re: Alternate Zone - Bob Schroeck - 01-17-2004

"Alternate Zone" wouldn't be on Bert's site, as it was written by Hitomi Ichinohei with Bert's permission. As it happens, I have chapters 12 through 14 (they branch off of the original BGZ at chapter 12, with Bert's return from his visit to Twisted Path). I don't know if there are more; if there are, please tell me.
Meanwhile, if anyone wants plaintext copies of the files I do have -- for instance, if your computer is phobic about Word -- let me know and I'll email them to you.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.

Re: Alternate Zone - Valles - 01-18-2004

Quote:
let me know and I'll email them to you.
Are these the same chapters that are posted in the raac archive? Either way, please do.
Blessed be.
-n
(webmail bites)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Re: Alternate Zone - Aleh - 01-18-2004

Same here. You have my e-mail address, right?- Aleh, who is currently working on a Ranma fic in which Kunou decides the only way to beat the 'Foul Sorcerer' is to learn his ways... and is currently running around wearing a black helmet and calling himself 'Darth Kunou'.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]

Re: Alternate Zone - Bob Schroeck - 01-19-2004

Dunno if they're the same as what's in the RAAC archive -- I haven't had a chance to go check. Sending will commence immediately, though. Aleh -- I think I do, but drop me an email just so I don't send it to someone else by accident.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.