Drunkard's Walk Forums
Some random powers - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: The Drunkard's Walk (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: The Game Everyone Loves To Play (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Some random powers (/showthread.php?tid=6811)

Some random powers - Loki Laufeyjarson - 10-29-2003

Here are some random not very usefull powers and the odd songs that might bring them. I am afraid, that I have been given this way too much thought.
"Wouldn't it be good" by Nic Kershaw
Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes, even if it was for just one day
Bodyswap. Traded places with someone for 24-hours. Subject has to be willing or at least jealous enough to wish to be in Doug's place on some level.
"Weather With You" by Crowded House
Everywhere you go you always take the weather with you
localized weather control. A bubble of air surrounds Doug that will stay the same temperatur, humidity and so on no matter where he goes. Walk out a house and stay room temperatur even in hottest summer or coldest winter. Might also work for short space-walks without a spacesuit.
"Invisible Man" by Queen
Incredible how you can see right through me
I'm the invisible man I'm the invisible man
It's criminal how I can see right through you

Invisibility and X-Ray visions. Not paticularly usefull when he already has non-corp and other powers.

"Kung-Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas
Everybody was kung-fu fighting
Hand-combat boost Area effect. Everyone around Doug suddenly gains advanced martial-arts abilities for the duration of the song. Useless for Doug himself, as he already is quite good at hand to hand combat. Could turn a group of innocent bystanders or noncombatants into people who can take care of themselves while he goes after the main problem. It would only be usefull when he can't get them out, the enemy is not to powerfull and not human enough to be also boosted by the song. Might also be usefull if he was forced to fight alongside some powerfull but untrained allies (like say Sailor-Senshi).
"Wind of Change" by the Scorpions
A rain of coins, silly. Ignoring the actual meaning of the lyrics and concentraiting on the title-phrase, the power creates a small shower of random coins that will disappear after the end of the song. Not paticularly usefull for anything other than a quick diversion or scamming automated vendors.

Edited to actually turn on the ezCodes I used everywhere. That will teach me to ignore the preview option.

Re: Some random powers - offsides - 10-29-2003

I'll add a couple to this list, just because I was feeling silly earlier this evening Smile
The theme song from "Animaniacs" - Turns doug and everyone around him into 'toons for the duration of the song, with full toon physics, etc., in force. If he concentrates, he can have specific people turn into specific characters when their name is mentioned in the song...
The theme song from "Tiny Toons" - only useful while there is a television in the area of effect - turns all TV images into silly cartoon versions of them. "We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little loony, and in this cartoony we're invading your TV..." Smile
Doug needs to use at least one of these at some point just for the boggle effect on people... Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large

Re: Some random powers - Bob Schroeck - 10-29-2003

Loki, some cool ideas. I'll have to steal a couple and say I came up with them.
Josh, also some fun ideas there, too. And the Tiny Toons theme reminds me of the Illuminati University alma mater John M. Ford wrote to its tune oh so many years ago. And wouldn't that make a great Step, now that I think of it?

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.