Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Images; Revenge of the Sixth

Comrade Kelk, if I owned any internets, you'd have won at least one of them for posting this picture.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

I believe Bob posted the first one in the '2017 cursed thread' but here it is for those who haven't seen it.
[Image: tumblr_oiv5upVAbz1v10xcto1_1280.jpg][Image: trump%20chicken.jpg][Image: joker%20and%20Grim.jpg][Image: Rooster%20Teeth%20anti%20Piracy%20warning%201.png][Image: android%20phone%20with%20data%20plan.jpg][Image: dead_genius_ninja_artists_by_shedsimas-d34jujc.jpg][Image: marquee%20oops.jpg][Image: men%20feelings.jpg]

[Image: ch161215.gif][Image: nq161215.gif][Image: crher161220.gif][Image: crstr161214.gif][Image: crstr161218.jpg][Image: crobh061123.gif][Image: tmbro161208.gif][Image: tmloo161222.gif]

[Image: rRYsfrz.jpg][Image: QjfrChz.jpg][Image: guide%20pony.jpg][Image: fried-chicken-min.jpg][Image: iron%20ring.jpg][Image: journey_to_the_center_of_the_earth_by_an...4n8dgk.png][Image: DOH.jpg][Image: Jimmy%20Carter.jpg]

Coming from a generation that actually KNOWS what that is in the pic above Jimmy...

*twitch twitch Shudder Twitch*

Now get off mah lawn, you pesky kids!!!!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Quote:Star Ranger4 wrote:
Coming from a generation that actually KNOWS what that is in the pic above Jimmy...

Yeah ... the attitudes of those long-ago days are so ingrained in me that I won't set a DVD down atop a television — and I'm almost certain there'd be no danger.  Almost.
By the way, the picture marked "Journey to the Center of the Earth" — I suppose that's the artist's title, but really it looks more like Pellucidar, given the drill-machine.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:Star Ranger4 wrote:

I remember my first encounter with a flat panel iMac that included a little remote control... that clipped to the side of the computer by magnet. And that the same series of machine, until recently, included a LINE of magnets along the face (holding on the glass), strong enough to hold a metal ruler to it without sliding.
There may have been some blubbering for a day or so.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

It took me a moment to realise what I was seeing with that floppy, but yeah. System restore disk has been erased and/or damaged by the method of storing the system restore disk. And I'll be honest, I started using computers in the waning days of the floppy, at a time where they were certainly known and used but everyone was already switching over to CDs. Modern kids have no idea how good they've got it with data storage that allows the storage of gigabytes of data onto a single disk. I mean, these days you don't exactly see 'put in the next disk to continue playing' notices anymore, now do you?

Star Ranger4 Wrote:Coming from a generation that actually KNOWS what that is in the pic above Jimmy...

My reaction was to facepalm. Literally.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
My reaction was to facepalm. Literally.
yeah when I saved it to add to my collection, I retitled it from a random string of letters and numbers to 'DOH!'
next batch![Image: Batman%20Mr%20Freeze.jpg][Image: marvel%20post%20credits.jpg][Image: the-funniest-star-wars-fan-art-in-the-galaxy-u1.jpg][Image: yoda-reimagined-as-a-badass-dark-sith-lord-social.jpg][Image: vitaly-nehay-sw-ewok-forse2.jpg][Image: 344fb58e9e981666148b2991fb6aa76b.jpg][Image: House%20Bond.jpg][Image: star_wars__rebels_by_mehdic-d9utdnm.jpg]

this first one is so very much me...[Image: abilities.gif][Image: tmsho161223.gif][Image: tmsho161222.gif][Image: rl161221.gif][Image: crstr161226.gif][Image: ft161218.jpg][Image: rl161227.gif][Image: ch161224.gif]

[Image: tumblr_ohmi6yD4L51roqv59o1_500.png][Image: subway%20rescue.jpg][Image: out-take%20alibi.jpg][Image: nuts%20for%20gummies.jpg][Image: bridge%20diver.jpg][Image: butt%20load.jpg][Image: Fine%20dining%20and%20Gas.jpg][Image: genghis-khan.jpg]

[Image: Wov9Rjs.jpg][Image: old%20samurai.jpg][Image: tumblr_ohw0s8df341rqgazso1_1280.png][Image: Liechenstein%20army.jpg][Image: Su-34%20fighter.jpg][Image: Normandy%20beach.jpg][Image: 0jm6xpil.png.jpg][Image: toy%20and%20real%20soldiers.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_ohq9w32N5K1s9iq8zo1_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_nzowzh1fzl1r3greko1_1280.jpg][Image: japanese%20butterflies.jpg][Image: canadian%20drive%20thru.png][Image: hTUwxwt.jpg][Image: i_m_dying_by_xxsashaleaxx-daly1pg.jpg][Image: Deadpool%20knifeblock.jpg][Image: Microsoft%20edge.jpg]
I'll agree with the gothic assessment of all the black cats save for the last one.
IT IS NOT GOTHIC METAL!
That one from my own all to close personal experience on at least two occasions is most definately GOTHIC HUNGRY!
hmelton
And yes I think any mention of those two close encounters most definitely need to be talked about in all caps.

I don't think it was supposed to be 'gothic' metal, just metal in general. It's people who wear all black, not just types of goth. 8)

So you could describe your experiences as 'Death Metal' 8P
"Death Metal"
I'll go with that, one of the times the panther picture caused me to flash back to I did immediately obtain a DEATH GRIP on a a 8 foot metal fence post and a tiny little flash light and I kept that grip as I slowly spun my way back to the house as the panther did a series of widdershins around me roughly 8 feet out of reach of the fence post.
Over the past 35 years I've had more than a few encounters with large cats and 2 or 3 bears and the advice to never EVER run or turn your back on a big cat and never EVER challenge or surprise a bear is very true.
 I'd also add when you feel that cold chill run down your spine and/or your hair suddenly tries to stand on end PAY ATTENTION and while you may never know what caused that reaction there is ALWAYS a very good reason for your body sending that message.
hmelton

[Image: Canary%20Islands.jpg][Image: snowcurl.jpg][Image: Lightning%20plus%20Volcano%20in%20Chile.jpg][Image: tumblr_o7xrxx9hEU1rn7bzro1_500.jpg][Image: cats%20and%20TVs.jpg][Image: tumblr_o0ei20CeId1qewacoo1_540.jpg][Image: Cat%20question.png][Image: long%20story...png]

[Image: tmbro161228.gif][Image: rl161230.gif][Image: crstr161230.gif][Image: hc170104.gif][Image: crstr170105.gif][Image: ob161229.gif][Image: fm170102.gif][Image: crher161228.gif]

[Image: zfH5hqx.jpg][Image: WTF%20fun%20fact%206927.png][Image: Connery.jpg][Image: bob-hope.jpg][Image: nT4VPjG.jpg][Image: pacing.jpg][Image: Bill_Werbeniuk.jpg][Image: de-knighting.jpg]

[Image: whats%20wrong.jpg][Image: well%20this%20sucks.jpg][Image: between%20the%20cushions.jpg][Image: take%20a%20step%20back.jpg][Image: kids%20vs%20teachers.jpg][Image: Barrak%20and%20joe%20leave.jpg][Image: motivation.jpg][Image: tumblr_oigt3eYxXY1r867mco1_500.jpg]

[Image: tmbro170110.gif][Image: tmsho170107.gif][Image: myth170111.jpg][Image: crstr170109.gif][Image: fm170113.gif][Image: rl170111.gif][Image: tmbro170105.gif][Image: nq170106.gif]

http://twitter.com/wonderpixels/status ... 7433718785

[Image: xlarge.jpg][Image: sinestro_corp_freddy_krueger_2_by_scareh...4i9oc9.jpg][Image: Disney-Star-Wars-EMGN10.jpg][Image: Mr%20Roger%20Rogers.jpg][Image: Harrington-verse%20cosplayers.jpg][Image: DS%20plans%20piracy.jpg][Image: Autobot%20Enterprise.png][Image: Disney%20Star.jpg]

... what am I missing about the uniformed group shot?

(And answer, please, in the Seventh Images thread, as I'm about to lock this one for just about hitting 300.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.