Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hacked website/forums
Hacked website/forums
Exclamation 
Bob,
    I've been on your homepage and the forums, and Symantic/Norton is having to block the Bitcoin miner javascript.
Norton is showing PUA.JSCoinminer when accessing both the homepage and the forums.  The files are coinhive.min[1].js and worker-asmjs.min[1].js

I still get near 80% CPU usage even with Symantic/Noton blocking them, but fortunately when I close the tab(s) to your pages it stops.
I am about to clear my cache and reattempt accessing your pages...
..And it still happens.

I will be sending this post via email.

Yours Sincerely,
Cobalt
RE: Hacked website/forums
Is this the same issue as what was reported at http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/s...?tid=12739 ?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
It may not be a false alarm. A quick look with Chrome's developer tools does in fact show coinhive somehow being called by my top page. I suspect one of the off-site widgets is might be compromised, as I have almost no javascript in my site otherwise (just the random headlines on the DW pages).

As soon as I get home tonight I'll kill those links and reupload the home page, and see if that makes a difference.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I posted in the other thread...

...not sure if it's helpful or not,m but it's what I found

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
It was indeed very helpful.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
OK, I'm glad to say that currently I am no longer (as of this post, and with a couple of cache clean ups) getting alerts about coinminer in the main page and the forums.

(This message will also be placed in the forums thread)