Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epstien found dead in cell, apparently committed suicide.
Epstien found dead in cell, apparently committed suicide.
That noise you're hearing is a lot of very rich people from all political factions sighing in relief.

... Dammit.
RE: Epstien found dead in cell, apparently committed suicide.
Jeffrey Epstein reportedly dies by suicide in NYC jail

Considering the nature of the charges against him, I could believe that this was... or wasn't... a suicide.

EDIT: And if they had enough evidence to arrest him, then they have the same evidence against others.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Epstein's dead is inconvenient, but not necessarily enough to stop the investigations.

They got a lot of his private records, which quite possibly includes his blackmail files.
(08-10-2019, 08:30 AM)hazard Wrote: Epstein's dead is inconvenient, but not necessarily enough to stop the investigations.

They got a lot of his private records, which quite possibly includes his blackmail files.

There is an unfortunate convenience to it... potentially reduced publicity for anyone else caught up in the mess.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
So, who had him killed in prison: Hillary or Trump? Let the conspiracy theories begin.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(08-10-2019, 05:56 PM)Labster Wrote: So, who had him killed in prison:  Hillary or Trump?  Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Maybe it was a bipartisan act?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
As Anthony Edwards said in Top Gun, "the list is long, but distinguished "

In all seriousness, it is a toss up as to whether or not he actually committed suicide, or had some help doing so, and very few are going to care either way. As was said at the beginning of the thread, both parties are giving sighs of relief.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

And Trump is screaming on Twitter and retweeting idiot conspiracy theories about how the Clintons secret agents in the DOJ murdered the kiddy fucker.

... Thank you 2019. We can't even take satisfaction from a dead pedophile. We're going to be hearing about this monster for decades.
(08-10-2019, 09:25 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: And Trump is screaming on Twitter and retweeting idiot conspiracy theories about how the Clintons secret agents in the DOJ murdered the kiddy fucker.

... Thank you 2019. We can't even take satisfaction from a dead pedophile. We're going to be hearing about this monster for decades.
Considering MSNBC host Joy Reid accused him and Barr as being behind it it is somewhat appropriate, especially considering Clinton's long term involvement with the bastard.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(08-10-2019, 09:38 PM)Rajvik Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 09:25 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: And Trump is screaming on Twitter and retweeting idiot conspiracy theories about how the Clintons secret agents in the DOJ murdered the kiddy fucker.

Considering MSNBC host Joy Reid accused him and Barr as being behind it it is somewhat appropriate, especially considering Clinton's long term involvement with the bastard.

Reid can fuck off with conspiracy theories, no matter how incompetent Barr is. And Trump's been friends with the kiddie fucker just as long. In short, both sides are assholes.
(08-10-2019, 09:38 PM)Rajvik Wrote:

Oh? Where did she do that?
On her morning show, MSNBC Saturday morning apparently, article on it here
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/...e-n2551477
And if you don't trust the immediate source backtrack the tweets included
Currently writing BROBd

Joy Reid is kind of the weak link at MSNBC. She's very quick to make up her mind about things, which is a bad sign in the news industry.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Labster, in all honesty that seems to be all the broadcast media and about half the print media nowadays. And before you ask for references on that I will throw a few names out to reference.
Jussie Smollet
Covington county Catholic High School
Buzzfeed News

All three of those were articles that the majority of the news media picked up and ran with, only to get burned when the truth came out within the next 24 hours.

Unfortunately this is not a new thing in the news, its just become more common as they have tossed away all their objectivity where Trump is concerned.
Currently writing BROBd

While Joy Reid is overly quick to point towards Barr, the Trump administration and William Barr's participation therein do not inspire confidence in there being no reason to assume that Epstein's death was not facilitated by the Justice Department without the evidence on the matter being reviewed. It is possible that indeed it really is a suicide and that the correctional facility in question acted entirely within the guidelines of the Justice Department, and did so without taking an unusual action in standing down the suicide watch when normally they would've maintained it.

Without further evidence, it cannot be said however that the Justice Department did not er, or if it did it did not do so deliberately at someone's behest. This is a matter where further investigation is required. It's quite possible that if there was a conspiracy to kill Epstein to prevent him from talking, and I'm not saying there was, it involved people other than Trump and/or Barr throwing their weight around, including their political opponents.

Likewise will I note that accusations that Joe Scarborough is peddling conspiracy theories seem spurious. All he said is that a man whose continued survival is inconvenient to rich people ending up dead in prison is something that is very similar to things that happen in Russia. Russia has seen such cases occur, often under very suspicious circumstances that would require government interference to some extent to make sense.
With all due respect Hazard, every country out there has had it happen at some point or another, because as we all know, money talks and most everyone has one price or another to which they will turn a blind eye for, especially when it involves ridding the world of a slime like Epstein. That said, there is an investigation going, and we are likely to find out who, if anyone is behind it.
Currently writing BROBd

This is the death that launched a thousand conspiracy theories and revived a few old ones.

And of course some of them will involve the Clintons. I swear, 20% of unsolved murders are lain at their feet.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
What his dead may mean for his victims going forward: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/a...52317.html
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
So... the autopsy report is out, and there are broken vertebrae that, while they can happen during a hanging, are more often associated with murders by strangulation.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And one of the usual guards was off, replaced by somebody new... Yeah, "not an accident" is looking more plausible.

Cue conspiracy theories in 3... 2... 1...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Yeah, if this set-up appeared in J. Random Police Procedural Show, we'd all know they'd be arresting someone for it at the end of act IV.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Or it'd be an overarching plot for a season as they grind through the investigation trying to connect the dots while there's clearly somebody with connections, money, or both keeping them from advancing.
(08-15-2019, 05:36 PM)robkelk Wrote: And one of the usual guards was off, replaced by somebody new... Yeah, "not an accident" is looking more plausible.

Cue conspiracy theories in 3... 2... 1...

Add to that both were "supposedly" taking a nap, for three damn hours. One of those guys I could believe it, he had worked 80 hours that week due to "understaffing" however, even when one one watch conks out for a bit, the other is supposed to stay awake, and that was the "new guy"

Now, as for the broken vertebrae, I can see it happening depending on how he tied the bedsheet. I say this because, if the bedsheet took a loop around his neck before being tied back to itself, then it would give a similar squeeze to manual strangulation.
Currently writing BROBd

(08-16-2019, 08:02 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Now, as for the broken vertebrae, I can see it happening depending on how he tied the bedsheet. I say this because, if the bedsheet took a loop around his neck before being tied back to itself, then it would give a similar squeeze to manual strangulation.

I agree, in this case they are much more likely to be the product of a less-than-competent hanging.

What conspiracy theorists will not want to recognize is that even if any powerful individual or group was involved in Epstein's death, they didn't need to take any direct action for it.
All it would take would be to make sure that he gets no special treatment in a common prison, and the usual disregard for prisoner safety would give him ample opportunity to end himself.
Plus, well, convicted pedophile in the prison system. Suicide becomes a valid option when you know what kind of hell is waiting for you every day.