Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition?
RE: So, are the Republicans having some sort of competition?
I was not previously aware that a single Senator could essentially veto a bill... but it's happened three times this term, to three different electoral reform bills, by three different Republican Senators.

The Register (based in the UK): Republican senators shoot down a triple whammy of proposed election security laws

Y'know, when you're less interested in honesty than Facebook is, you've got a problem.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
The Republican party is honestly interested in the election results.
My, the House Republicans certainly care about minority rights when they're the ones involved, don't they?
--
‎noli esse culus
Really, I think that Trump pulling out of Syria was a bridge too far for them.  There were many, many Republicans that were in favor of continued support of the Kurds in Syria, and damn whatever the hell Turkey's own lunatic-in-chief says.  But hey, I guess that's just Trump for you.  Seeing innocent people getting killed by authoritarians simply for being another ethnicity just gives him such a raging hard-on that he doesn't even have to touch himself before he goes like this.  (No, you do not want to open that link at work or school.  Tongue  )
Washington Post journalist Dan Zak describes Donald Trump, Jr.'s book Triggered:  "It’s the type of book that William F. Buckley Jr. might’ve written if his vocabulary and rhetorical skills were halved."
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
its the Washington comPost, they couldn't say anything nice about a Trump, Trump loyalist or Trump official if you paid them to
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Wait, William Buckley? He wrote a book? ... Oh, wait, okay. To be fair, a Trump managing to write coherent sentences is a noteworthy achievement.

Anyhow, your political suffering provides me some relief, after the week of bullshit we've had down here.