Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splitting Chapter 3
Splitting Chapter 3
Because chapter three is so freaking huge, and has been taking so long to finish (how the hell could a simple tutoring scene be giving me so much trouble?), I'm considering splitting it in half, and getting the first part out to the prereaders before the end of the week.  A quick check at about the halfway point shows me I actually have two good places where I could break the chapter, so this won't be as bad as I'd feared.  I just need to come up with a new title and pull quotes for the first half, as the current ones apply mostly to the back half...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Splitting Chapter 3
Whatever you want to do, Boss. We'll be eagerly awaiting what you give us.
Think of it as also my contribution to entertaining those isolating themselves. <grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
YAY!!!!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
So in case you didn't notice the updated announcement banner, chapter 3 has indeed been split into 3 and 4, at 166Kb and 128Kb respectively. (And I estimate that 4 is approximately 2/3 done at this point, judging by the plot points left to hit.)
-- Bob

And chapter 3 has gone to the prereaders.
-- Bob

Ahhh yiiiz.

Now I need to get my ass moving on one or two things. Tongue
I needed this sooo much. Thanks, Bob.

Hey! The Snickers Hole - it's working!
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
“They opened up a can’a dumbass!” – Jon Stewart regarding Fox News, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
You're welcome, DJ.
-- Bob

Quick update: I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the prereaders before I mark up the story for the site.
-- Bob

(04-05-2020, 08:28 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Quick update:  I'm waiting to hear back from the last of the prereaders before I mark up the story for the site.

C'mon last prereader, hurry up! You know who you are.

(But I don't)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Well, the particular set of comments I was waiting for came in last night, and well that I waited for it. One amusing thing the prereader pointed out is that a detail I picked up off the new Viz translations is going to conflict with "established canon" from the 90s translation. Can't wait for the emails I'm likely to get over that.

Anyway, unless something more is waiting for me in my inbox at the end of the day today, I'll be posting tonight.
-- Bob

(fires up the email client...)

No, just kidding.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown