Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cursed Thread, 2021
Cursed Thread, 2021
Kicking off the parade for 2021, Liam Reilly, Lead singer of Bagatelle

Very much an Irish one. The band that were expected to do what U2 did

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Cursed Thread, 2021
Gerry Marsden, of Gerry and the Pacemakers, age 78, from a heart infection.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Bond girl, Charlie's Angel Tanya Roberts, age 65
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(01-03-2021, 10:00 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Bond girl, Charlie's Angel Tanya Roberts, age 65

Um.  About that...

Tanya Roberts isn't dead, according to publicist who announced her death.
-- Bob

Not yesterday, but...

NYT, today: Tanya Roberts, a Charlie’s Angel and a Bond Girl, Is Dead at 65

Quote:Tanya Roberts, the breathy-voiced actress who found fame in the 1980s as a detective on “Charlie’s Angels” and as a brave earth scientist in the James Bond film “A View to a Kill,” died on Monday night in Los Angeles. She was 65.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
And since I posted my retraction, the retraction was retracted. <sigh>
-- Bob

RIP Marion Ramsey, best-known for playing Officer Hooks in Police Academy
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Tommy Lasorda
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Goodbye Siegfried (& Roy). Pancreatic cancer. (Roy died last year, Covid).
'Julie Strain, the model, actress and Heavy Metal muse, died on January 10 after a long battle with dementia.'
Joanne Rogers, widow of Fred "Misterrogers" Rogers.
-- Bob

Peter Mark Richman, who among over 500 roles appeared as Human Popsicle Ralph Offenhouse on ST:TNG episode "The Neutral Zone." Offenhouse is noteworthy for giving an unsolicited assessment about a species (Romulans) he'd never encountered before:  "They haven't got a clue! They're hoping you know, but they're too arrogant to ask!"  Riker snapped that the man was out of line.  Picard, though, agreed that Offenhouse had correctly judged the Romulans' motives.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Fantasy author Storm Constantine after a long illness
Phil Spector, age 80, "natural causes"
-- Bob

RIP James Cross, one of the two political hostages whose kidnapping by the FLQ in the 1960s brought on the use of the War Measures Act in Canada.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Mira Furlan (actress from Babylon 5 and Lost)
https://nerdbot.com/2021/01/21/mira-furl...3YalxnAiqw
Well, crap.
-- Bob

Braves legend Hank Aaron dies at age 86, daughter says
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
... and yet he still hits it out of the park, just as he did in life
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
RIP Larry King

No cause of death given, but he had been hospitalized for COVID-19.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Gregory Sierra, regular on Sanford and Son and Barney Miller, among many other roles.  Age 83; cancer.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
On the Passing of Mira Furlan

Apparently cause of death was West Nile virus
Jan 8: Dr. Brad J Cox PhD Creator of the Objective-C computer programming language
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Cloris Leachman has died at the age of 94.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/cloris-l...at-94.html
Cicely Tyson, 96.  Two days after releasing her memoir, Just As I Am.
-----