Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rift Goes Free to Play

What class?

rogue archtype, but i dont remember what talents I had bought before, as it has reset them lol i can get it, i just have to play more... got frustrated with a quest i kept dying at and logged off last time i played
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Ah, Rogues, my favorite Class.

You going more tanky or more Melee DPS?

As a reminder, Rift went F2P today. Have at it if you want to try it out.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
our glory will prevail

I gave it a shot on the free trial before Champions Online, but eh... even on Defiants it's more fantasy than steampunky, and I have to turn the graphics settings all the way down to get a framerate that won't give me motion sickness on my sad little laptop, so it didn't really grab me. The multiple job system was kind of neat, and probably the most customizeable I've seen on an f2p mmo, though. With better hardware I'd give it another chance.

I haven't actually done any MMO stuff for the past couple of days, having achieved burnout just as I got stuff together for Chaps after several rounds of downloading and trying various ones when Allods' mandatory PvP broke my heart, but will probably get back to it in another day or two.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Wow.

I get home @ 10 tonight and find that every single server on Rift is full. I was even starting at # 234 in the Patron Queue of all things.

Their F2P really brought in people....
And good to know the Devs and their teams know about the problem:
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-disc ... ost4298558

Generally my main reservation - aside from simple lack of free time - in picking up Rift... I get the impression it's a rather traditional MMO. A very well done MMO, no doubt, but...

...I hear a lot about people playing with macros to do a healing role, gearing up for raids and stuff like that. I never really managed to stick with WoW, because the whole grinding gear treadmill thing doesn't particularly workfor me.

I did enjoy the little bit I played in beta, and the multiple soul thing has always intrigued me, but it all sounds like a lot of SRS BIZNESS. And I'm a casual gamer these days, really.
-- Acyl

I suppose the nice thing is, unless your doing the Raids, which i have not done any of the major ones, those Macros are not really needed. Alot of the people who talk and deal with those are the vocal, hardcore Raiders, and we here in the casual ascended don't really listen to them.
our glory will prevail

our glory will prevail