Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cover is now public
The Cover is now public
Many thanks to fellow MIB Erik Zane, who let me know this weekend that the book's page at the SJG website now shows the cover. Go there and click on the thumbnail; you'll get a nice, big image. There's also a wallpaper linked off the same page, and you know it's already on my machine at home.
The color scheme is a little monochromatic, but that's okay with me. However, after all the crap I took from the playtesters over the book being "werewolf-centric", the cover of course has a wolf on it. Someone in the art department doesn't pay attention to playtest groups, eh? Go fig.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: The Cover is now public
While I can understand their concerns, since there is more to shapeshifters than just Lycanthropy, I have to point out that the whole point of a book cover is to give you a feel for the contents and to make you want to buy the book.
And Werewolves are still the shapeshifters with the widest basis of recognition.
I think the playtesters were more worried about it turning into a GURPS version of a WW WoD game when they brought those points up."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Re: The Cover is now public
Quote:
I think the playtesters were more worried about it turning into a GURPS version of a WW WoD game when they brought those points up.
Oh, there was no chance of that. I wasn't even allowed to mention my own GURPS WOD books in the manuscript (except in my "about the author" note).

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.