Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The W.O.M.B.A.T
The W.O.M.B.A.T
I was poking around on the HP wiki, and I discovered something rather interesting.  Apparently a few years back, Rowling put a quiz up on her website that existed 'in-universe' as an exam given by the Ministry as a sort of basic aptitude test, that anyone could take. 
There's some interesting little bits of worldbuilding hidden in there, like the defeat of an attempt to outlaw 'House-Elf Slavery' in 1973, and all sorts of commonly believed 'facts', only some of which are true.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Interesting. I'm going to have to go through that carefully and see if there are tidbits I can use.

Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Unfortunately, the page only lists the questions, not the answers...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

From what I can tell, the specific answers were never actually given. You'd take the quizzes, and then the site would give you a grade, but wouldn't tell you which ones you got wrong.

The people over at the HP Lexicon have posted their best guesses though, most of which I think make sense, so there's that.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.