Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help
Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help
I'm hoping someone here can give me a pointer on a problem I've run into.  I've tried a couple different solutions, none of which have worked; I feel like I'm circling the answer but not quite reaching it.

I'm working with a fairly complex custom control, written by someone else a few years ago.  It's got a couple levels of tabbed panels, a lot of links that either go to new pages or open new windows, several repeaters used to generate tables on the various tabs, stuff like that.  I've added a button to it that, when clicked, is supposed to run some server-side code.  Except it doesn't -- the PageLoad() event for the page on which it displays runs to its end without the control getting a chance to act.

I've figured out that I basically have to turn on the ability for the control to respond to the postback event in its turn.  But I can't figure out -- and my experiments haven't clarified this -- if it's the whole complex control that I need to make postback-aware, or just the button I want to respond to.  Every example of what to do I've found has either slightly or wildly different code that I "should" use.  And perversely, the more complicated the solutions I've found are, the less likely the person writing them is to have a grasp on proper English.

So, I'm hoping a forum member might have a clue what's the right thing to do, and be willing to share that clue with me.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help - by Bob Schroeck - 11-06-2017, 03:25 PM
RE: Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help - by NifT - 11-07-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help - by Bob Schroeck - 11-07-2017, 04:35 PM
RE: Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help - by NifT - 11-07-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help - by Bob Schroeck - 11-08-2017, 08:07 AM
RE: Looking For C#/ASP.NET Help - by Bob Schroeck - 11-09-2017, 01:27 PM