Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][Story][Arc 1] Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #10, Brent's TBD)
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #10, Brent's TBD)
Kuroko, overhearing James' remark, appreciated the simile but thought this was less a case of fleas and more a case of an elephant. She was happy that she didn't have to clean up the mess, but worried that there might be two Mimetes to keep track of now.

For his part, Benjamin winced in a way that perfectly conveyed his empathy for Mimi Hanyu at that moment.

"What just happened!?" said Kaname in his ear, not wanting to draw any attention to herself.

"Mimi just got herself duplicated - she now has a perfect identical twin - complete with her very own soul."

"She can do that!?" hissed Kaname in shock.

Ben nodded. "There's a reason why I wanted her help specifically with Alicia - she really is that powerful. Give her maybe a few hundred years or so and she'll be pitching in Belldandy's league. Speaking of..."

Ben pulled out his cell phone and began to fire off a text message to the Goddess Help Line. If anything warranted their attention, then this certainly did.

The reaction was prompt and fitting:

".... This raises SO MANY QUESTIONS. Stand by: we're dispatching Belldandy and Urd. I don't envy you for the report you're going to have to make to Lord Phantomhive."

Ben shook his head and went to stand near Rob - even if Ben wasn't too familiar with his moods, he knew when a man was about to go thermonuclear. And by his reckoning, Mimi had already been through enough. The current situation was a blatantly clear sign that she needed help. At least it was clear to him, anyhow. He worried Rob might not see it while getting carried away in Papa Bear Mode.

Which meant Ben was close enough to hear a whisper: "Rob... please don't do that again." Rob turned angrily - then stopped to see it was Hyoga who had spoken. "The only reason the neighbours aren't calling to report a disturbance is because I protected the area from unwanted attention."

The emotions drained out of him, but didn't completely go away. "I see. Thank you, darling. And I apologize for putting you to the trouble."

"Don't apologize to me," she said quietly while tilting her head toward Ben.

"Oh. Oh, yes." Rob turned to Ben. "I shouldn't have reacted like that. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," said Ben. "I know you wouldn't have done anything.... well, you know. I was just more worried for Mimi - she's pretty fragile right now. Also, I notified the Goddesses. They're sending Bell and Urd to make sure everything is okay."

As both Mimi Hanyus joined the group, Mii and Usagi looked the expression of worry on their faces. Then they looked at each other, nodded slightly, and said in unison, "I'm hungry."

Rob wasn't fooled. "And you're changing the subject."

"I could eat," Yomi added. "Watching magic of this scale takes something out of a person." (Tomo almost replied to that comment, but at the last second noticed Minako standing behind Rob and shaking her head.)

"Fine, fine, whatever. Food." Rob sighed. "Mako-chan, I believe you had something ready already?"

"That's right!" she nodded. "And I remembered that some of you are strict vegetarian, so there's a tofu option for the hot sandwiches."

"Thanks." Rob half-smiled at Makoto's thoughtfulness; it was only a half-smile because he was still annoyed with Mimi. "Everybody, please head into the old building and enjoy lunch. Mimi and Mimi and Mimi and I have to have what we used to call a 'full and frank discussion' when I was a bureaucrat, and we'll do that in the new building."

Everybody except Luna, Kuroko, Jayne, James, and the ex-NERV employees turned toward the new building - and Luna joined the majority when Diana tugged at her coat sleeve.

Rob sighed. "Folks, I know you mean well, but what I'm going to say and the way I'm going to say it ... well, I don't mind you hearing it, but the others might."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC][Story][Arc 1] Rob and Brent's as-yet-untitled sidestory (Rob's #10, Brent's TBD) - by robkelk - 09-01-2019, 12:05 PM