Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with GIT
RE: Need Help with GIT
Okay, update:

I cleared out several duplicates of my ktm shell script, ktmdiff.sh, and put a single copy in C:/Program Files/Git/.  It has all the right permissions, not that I needed to set them.  Its contents are:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
gunzip -c -S xdc $1 | sed 's/>/>\n/g'

I used "git config --list --show-origin" in gitbash to show me all the config files.  (There were three.)  I edited each one and made sure they had a section that looked like this in them:

Code:
[diff "ktm"]
binary = true
textconv = C:/Program Files/Git/ktmdiff.sh

Finally, I made sure there was a gitattributes file in the root of the local repo with the contents:

Code:
*.xdc diff=ktm
*.XDC diff=ktm
*.fpr diff=ktm
*.FPR diff=ktm

There are several other gitattributes files, often paired with a gitconfig.  I made sure they all had this in them, too.

And still when I try to look at an FPR file in Git for Windows, this is all I see:

Code:
* gzip compressed data, max compression, from NTFS filesystem (NT), original size modulo 2^32 9455
* Binary file (not showing content).

I get the same for XDC files, and of course for the lowercase versions of those extensions.

What should be happening is that GfW should be recognizing the extension, feeding both versions of the file to the script, and comparing the two results.  What can I still be doing wrong?

Thanks.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Need Help with GIT - by Bob Schroeck - 06-13-2019, 09:05 AM
RE: Need Help with GIT - by Labster - 06-14-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: Need Help with GIT - by Bob Schroeck - 06-17-2019, 08:20 AM
RE: Need Help with GIT - by Bob Schroeck - 06-17-2019, 10:06 AM