Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer
You're not wrong about burnout. But it's not as bad as it was.

Technically, as much holiday as Jet wants, she can take. She's not 'employed' as such. She's effectively a free contractor, for want of a better term. She doesn't have to do anything - the only restriction is public opinion and reputation - and having money. The real limit - the best way to understand how Jet sees her position in the world, is that of a youtube channel operator trying to get into the big self-sustaining space. Where you have to be constantly on, and on message, the entire time - or else it'll start to loose relevance, or will start to fall down the search rankings. You lose mindshare.

She's already started to try and get out of some of the loops she's in --- one of the projects on Frigga that's sort of been hinted at is a local implementation of something approximating Project Cybersyn (Only without an intelligent mind created specifically to be happy to oversee it) to reduce her and everyone else's workload. It's the other kind of cybernetics. It's even starting to work.....

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Situation Vacant] Reactor Chief Engineer - by Dartz - 09-05-2021, 12:40 PM