Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird...
Weird...
So I get up this morning a little earlier than usual, and I realize after I get out of the shower that I can hear helicopters.  That's not all that unusual; occasionally a copter will go over the house (one did so at a low altitude on Wednesday evening, startling Helen, who was visiting).  And I grew up next to Lakehurst Naval Air Station (as it was called at the time), home to hourly helicopter fly-bys, so I hardly even notice the basso-profundo whup-whup-whup-whup of a chopper overhead.

But these helicopters aren't going away.  And when I mention it to Peggy -- who is up and about because her sleep patterns have been messed up for a good ten years now thanks to allnighters she used to pull for B-MS -- she tells me that they've been at it since the very early hours of the morning.  I wondered out loud if they were some kind of patrol and Peggy half-seriously speculates that Trump's in the neighborhood playing golf.  (Never mind that he owns a course 15 miles away that he would actually be at and he wouldn't be golfing before dawn.)

Anyway, an hour after I first notice the sound they're still going, and I head out to the car.  And I see them -- two helicopters hovering over something a few blocks away to the southeast.], holding rock-steady.  They don't seem to have police markings.   Unfortunately I don't go that way to go to work so I head off NW and leave them behind...  and I can't help wondering what the hell is/was going on over there.  I checked the website for the local news, and nothing comes up.  The last time I saw a chopper or two just hovering like that was over a big accident on an interstate, but there's nothing that way that's close to a major road.

So now I'm going to be wracked by curiosity all day... and unless I can find some kind of news article on it I may never find out what was going on.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
Weird... - by Bob Schroeck - 01-31-2020, 08:47 AM
RE: Weird... - by Star Ranger4 - 01-31-2020, 10:27 AM
RE: Weird... - by classicdrogn - 01-31-2020, 12:34 PM
RE: Weird... - by Star Ranger4 - 01-31-2020, 01:44 PM
RE: Weird... - by Bob Schroeck - 01-31-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Weird... - by Labster - 01-31-2020, 05:44 PM
RE: Weird... - by hazard - 01-31-2020, 08:42 PM
RE: Weird... - by Star Ranger4 - 01-31-2020, 10:32 PM