Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe and Sound
Safe and Sound
This is one of those really useful songs that Doug can't use on his own. "Safe and Sound", by Capital Cities, from the album "In A Tidal Wave of Mystery"

Music video by Capital Cities performing Safe And Sound. (C) 2013 Lazy Hooks, LLC Under Exclusive License To Capitol Records, LLC

lyrics

If Doug plays it alone, it fizzles - "We're safe and sound", not "I'm safe and sound". But when there's somebody beside him (I suspect he'd prefer Maggie, or Makoto, or in a pinch Eimi, because of the line "I could show you love"), then together they get near-perfect protection from physical and social attacks. And they can't be separated - "In a tidal wave of mystery / You'll still be standing next to me"

They also can't be moved against their will - "Hold your ground / We're safe and sound". However, if the person Doug is with wants to be someplace else, they both go there. (Doug doesn't have a say in that.)

Doug also gets an uptick to his luck, at the expense of the person he's with getting a downtick to his or her luck.

The person Doug is with is in the driver's seat for the rest of the effects, which are variable within some limits: "I could lift you up / I could show you what you wanna see / And take you where you wanna be / ... / I could fill your cup / You know my river won't evaporate"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
Safe and Sound - by robkelk - 03-17-2020, 06:20 AM
RE: Safe and Sound - by classicdrogn - 03-17-2020, 10:41 AM
RE: Safe and Sound - by robkelk - 03-17-2020, 11:44 AM