Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC] "The hero's path"
[OOC] "The hero's path"
One might recall that my SI was geased to "continue to walk the hero's path, else when he dies his soul will be taken by [Garm's] mistress", in Donaldson en Kazakiri.

But just what is the hero's path?

I'm curious as to how others would answer that question, so that I can get a better handle on how my SI should be behaving. Starting off the discussion, let's hear from some fictional characters who might end up becoming displacees:

Quote:If one truly is to have the right to be called a Hero, it's not because he wields a sword or because he holds a shield. Not because he heals, either. A Hero is one who risks his own life, to protect his companions, to save the woman, he wagers himself. It doesn't matter if you're beaten. It's fine if you're crushed. Weep all you want. Because the victor is always found among the losers. Drive your wish through. Cry out your desire. Do that, and that is when a Hero looks most impressive!
- Hermes, Bell Cranel's grandfather, and Bell Cranel, speaking in turns, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, season 1, episode 13

That seems like a pretty good starting point to me. But is there anything else?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
[OOC] "The hero's path" - by robkelk - 01-29-2021, 09:26 PM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Black Aeronaut - 01-31-2021, 04:06 AM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Labster - 02-01-2021, 03:41 AM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by robkelk - 03-07-2021, 05:10 PM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Dartz - 03-07-2021, 05:34 PM
RE: [OOC] "The hero's path" - by Black Aeronaut - 04-04-2021, 06:24 AM