Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
Here's something for a laugh. I was checking my ISP's spam filter a few minutes ago when I discovered that XM98 had had the temerity to email me to sign some kind of campaign at a petition site to get himself unbanned on TV Tropes... by asking Google to intervene. Better yet, the number of signatures he thought would be enough to convince Google to act on his behalf is... 100.

I can't decide if he's absolutely clueless about how many signatures would really be needed, or he's being perfectly realistic and is aware there's no way he can find more than a hundred people even likely to sign on as a joke.

Just to top it off, the email was this disingenuous "I just signed this petition, won't you sign it too?" kind of thing, as if he didn't expect me to notice it was him. And he sent it to my ATT admin address. What a maroon.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by Bob Schroeck - 05-10-2021, 09:35 PM