Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
So, I haven't commented much lately, but let me start with saying that the Fandom decision is pretty bad. What GethN7 posted was terribly ignorant, but people are ignorant on the internet all the time and they don't ban all of those people. Instead of trying to correct someone who was trying to follow the rules after years of service, they just banned him. This is cancel culture at his dumbest.

But let's go back to the ignorance. What he wrote shows he hasn't thought things through that much. You didn't even define transgender correctly; no hormones or body alteration is required to be trans. Do you even know any trans people, Geth? I have three friends, and three more acquaintances, who are trans women. You didn't think about it from their perspective, obviously. But you're failing at the religious perspective, too. First principles is: "Love the Lord your God and love your neighbors as yourself." Does what you said show love to these people? I think it fails at that. There is perhaps an argument to be made on the last clause about whether trans people love themselves, but that's neither here nor there because it's honestly not your business. You know what can overcome "immutable reality"? Faith, that's what. Sheesh.

But back on the original topic of Fandom, I recall that we granted Geth a license to reuse our trademark on Wikia. Since Geth is no longer affiliated with Wikia/Fandom, they no longer have a license to use the trademark "All The Tropes" and are currently violating our intellectual property. At a minimum, we should write a cease and desist on using the trademark over there, and should follow up with any legal action necessary.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by Labster - 06-25-2021, 05:44 PM