Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(06-25-2021, 07:28 PM)GethN7 Wrote: I had no idea I would wind up kicked out for it (had I been told to never post anything like it again, I would have complied), but apparently, obedience was not enough, I was to be a mindless drone, even obedience with noted reservations but still being compliant was not tolerated. I was clearly kicked out for having politically incorrect opinions (which I said would not affect my duties to enforce FANDOM will, but said profession of loyalty meant nothing apparently), and frankly, while I was not planning to suicide my FANDOM account, I already had indications they were going to purge people based on ideology prior and was sure sooner or later I might be hit by said purge. And if the price of sticking around was to put up with that, so be it, I'm out, wouldn't want back even if they reconsidered.

Bringing up your views as "noted reservations" wasn't being obedient in this case. They don't stop you from having the views and ideology, they just make it clear they don't want the views and ideology expressed on their site. If they wanted you to stop having the views and be a "mindless drone", they'd be attacking you anywhere you express it, rather than just showing you the door.

I believe you're not the first one to be banned for such expression, but I'm sure they've had enough of trying to give chances and having the chances wasted, and they're through wasting the time presenting the chances to begin with.

Also, your "politically incorrect opinion," as you put it, is, for me, someone saying that I need to be marched into a reparative therapy clinic and not be let out until I commit suicide attempting to bend that far. That is pretty much unacceptable; what I do to cope with myself presents no harm whatsoever to you.

And this is turning into a major derail now, except for the fact that this has still removed a key condition for the FANDOM fork being allowed to use the All The Tropes trademark. I will point this out where everyone can see it: it is not the fault of the fork that the license is now in jeopardy of being pulled. Nor is it technically the fault of FANDOM, even with the "no second chances" drop of the banhammer.

Regarding the plagiarists, you didn't have to explain it to try to get them to understand there's no good excuses for their behavior and that the rules are the rules. Just swing the banhammer as needed, make it clear plagiarism is plagiarism regardless of how they try to present it, and leave it at that.

And since I'm done expressing my opinion on this matter as effectively a non-contributing outsider, I'm adding a name to my Ignore list here.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by LynnInDenver - 06-25-2021, 07:56 PM