Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
While we're on the topic, whose bot is "Maintenance Script"?  It's just dumped a whole bunch of changes into the Moderation Queue.  Checking a few at random, along with a few approved change from its recent history, I have a lot of concerns about what it's doing:
  • It's adding new, nonexistent categories to pages, like "Funny (animation)" on Mission Hill/Funny.
  • It's unnecessarily converting spaces in file names to underscores (such as seen on Category:Animal Tropes).  Mediawiki handles that just fine already.
  • The {{disambiguation}} template already includes the __DISAMBIG__ magic word -- it doesn't need to be appended to disambiguation pages that appear to lack it.
  • Any time it changes "Watchmen (comics)" to "Watchmen", it's changing a direct link to a specific work to a disambiguation page.
  • For some reason, on some pages -- like Tombstone/YMMV -- it's changing the proper page template to a wrong one.
And that's just from a couple minutes' review.  I'm going follow Rob's lead and block Maintenance Script for a day while I go through its history and the mod queue and undo/reject anything that's obviously wrong.

EDIT: The only edit summary Maintenance Script uses is "Request". Whose request? What was requested?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by Bob Schroeck - 07-13-2021, 09:06 AM