Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(07-21-2021, 10:02 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: By the way, heads up:  entitled snowflake HDev411 who thought it was his right to nag the admin staff to approve his edits right fucking now appears to have decided to use a brand-new account to get around our unreasonable refusal to hop to and obey his every command.  Keep an eye out for GoldD954, which hasn't edited much yet but shows the same general interests as HDev411.

EDIT:  I have to admit I am wary of anyone with a user account name that looks like one generated by our favorite spammers.  Combined with his insistence that we fasttrack his edits over anyone else's, I'm expecting him to turn out to be a particularly clever spammer just waiting for us to let our guards down.

EDIT 2:  I'm not 100% certain that GoldD954 is the same person as HDev411, but as soon as I'm satisfied that they are, I'll be pointing out the multiple accounts clause in "How We Do Bans Around Here" to both.

I have a fairly good idea who were are dealing with. They appear to have a good grasp of our manual style, are spamming similar edits as the previous account, and analysis of the two accounts shows an overwhelming amount of overlap between the two.

This guy seems to be one of two things. Some idiot from FANDOM who thinks we'll let them do the same here they did there (which I couldn't stop on FANDOM because they lack Moderation and refused to include it when I asked to prevent this sort of nonsense). Either that, or someone who, while smart enough to figure out our manual of style, appears to be someone from TV Tropes (likely kicked out because he decided to make a fool of themself there too) who thinks we will be pushovers by comparison.

Either way, I'm going to put on my mod hat, reject the edits from second account, and let them know to quit trying to sockpuppet, Moderation makes that useless, they can either wait in line or we will kick all current and future accounts out on their ear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-21-2021, 11:31 PM