Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX
(07-22-2021, 06:24 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: I think it has; regardless I'm in favor of it.

Meanwhile, what I came to the forums for.  At some point in the last hour or two, my diff pages started displaying some kind of dropdown tool labeled "Browse History Interactively" that spans the width of the page and lets me compare versions with sliders?  Why the hell am I seeing this?  I didn't ask for it.  It's not something in my preferences that I can turn off.  How do I get rid of it?

Likewise, the top right corner of every page now has a very sloppily placed "Last updated X units ago" notice -- also since about 90 minutes ago.  It's a link that takes me to the page history.  Again, I don't seem to be able to turn this off in my preferences.  I don't want this, why am I seeing it?

That was me doing testing, thanks for the reports, will disable them.

Since not all of our skins are as easily accessible for certain features like Vector, I was testing those extensions to see if they compensate for issues on skins like Monaco, which has some scrunched-up button ideas. Unfortunately, the cure is worse than the disease, so removed.

Was testing these to be exact:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:RevisionSlider

Provides a visual demonstration of the page revisions in a sliding graph-like format.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LastModified

Provides a link to the LastModified time of a page, was seeing if it would add more visibility for page history checking on some of our alternate skins.

Didn't really help and looks like crap on Vector.

I was, however, successful in fixing some issues on the Monaco skin where it had some Main Page overlap and looked overly scrunchy.

I apologize for any issues, but there is no easy way to see how they would look without enabling them, and I promised earlier I was going to do some fixes to a lot of things, including readability, CSS/JS code, and other things. Regardless, if this caused any trouble during the brief period I enabled these, I apologize.

One thing that remains enabled is Description2, as mentioned above. I did try to enable a fix for Tabs that makes them look better on mobile skins, but it has issues with certain page layouts, so disabled.

MobileTabs is not a bad idea, but it will definitely affect two pages that will need some fixes to look best on both Mobile and Desktop views. I have a localhost copy of the wiki I can do further testing on and will provide a copy of a mockup of what the fixed version would look like before making further changes and enabling this again, as both the Community Portal and Main Page will need to be modified to play nice with this, but once they are, it will fix busted tabs on mobile view, which is the default for all Tabs enabled pages.

You can see a sample of the fix on the developer page here for now: https://github.com/fuerthwiki/MobileTabsPlugin

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XX - by GethN7 - 07-22-2021, 06:37 PM