Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon
Okay, let me first say that I know you're running the show now.  This is only critique based on what I had originally intended.

For one, palliative care does not apply to comatose patients because the point of palliative care is to improve the patient's quality of life.  That's kinda hard to do when they're not even conscious.  I believe what you're after is "Supportive Care for Coma Patients".  And the "Coma Patients" bit is important because "Supportive Care" tends to be used interchangeably with "Palliative Care" - it makes the distinction that you're dealing with someone who is not conscious of the world around them.

Granted, I did have it that now and then she would wake up, but for the most part she would spend days, sometimes weeks at a time, in a comatose state.  And these wakeful moments were literally that - mere moments that she was awake.  (This is part of why Hotaru was so amazed by the doll Setsuna gave her for Saturnalia.)

For the more mundane aspects of care, such as bathing and handling bodily waste, I was handwaving that with the excuse that Hotaru is just that powerful of a healer.

Before arguing that point: consider the fact that her healing abilities are supposed to mirror her destructive abilities...  And this girl is very literally the apocalypse in human form.  She's even able to self-resurrect herself, and though it has the disadvantage of having her start over again from being an infant, she also has accelerated growth during this time so that in a few months, she'll be back to how she was before she got offed.

With this new setup, though, she has Haruka and Michiru to assist with the mundane tasks.  And a team of three is ideal here - just enough to get things done efficiently, but not so much that they get in each other's way.

Also, many hospice care providers that do at-home care actually prefer having family members around to assist with the scutwork (granted, that is if they can be trusted to not neglect the patient).  In a case like Setsuna's where you have Haruka and Michiru around to help, there would be no real need for a nurse to be stationed there 24/7.  So long as one of them is present at all times and they are capable of handling Setsuna's hygiene and such, a hospice care provider would only need to send a nurse for regular visits (daily, thrice weekly, or twice weekly) to take her vitals, record them, and check for signs of any deteriorating conditions such as bed sores.

But with Hotaru around?  There would be no need.  One little zap from her, and it's all better.

REMEMBER: You are bringing the Senshi in from post-Galaxy Cauldron.  This is not the weak willed child that Chibi-Usa first met in the park in Season 3.  She is very loving and gentle, but she's got balls of tungsten carbide when its called for.  She is the one that has the wherewithal to actually end the freakin' Universe and reboot the whole thing from the start, if it is ever actually needed.  Haruka and Michiru were scared to death of Hotaru for a very good reason - that reason being that if she ever had the excuse for it, she'd rm -rf / all of existence.

Fact: Haruka and Michiru no longer have Benjamin as a reason to act out.  If you want them to cause trouble, you need a viable excuse because this is deconstruction.

Fact: Setsuna is pretty much the only Senshi that Haruka and Michiru will automatically respect because NOTHING has ever taken her out of the game.... up until now.  She could be delayed, deterred, or even deflected, but never taken out.  This is something that WILL set those two into an edgy state where they are suspicious of anyone and everyone (except Hotaru).

Fact: Hyoga is an Angel of Humankind - I'm pretty sure you said so yourself, but please correct me if I'm wrong here.  That said, she will not abide Setsuna to remain in this state and will call in for help where she knows she can get it.

Fact: with the way I had this originally set up, there is no real "cure" for what ails Setsuna except to put her into some kind of temporal isolation and wait it out.  Without that, any sort of "treatment" is limited to seeing to her bodily needs.

Fact: Washu-chan is very capable of time travel.  Though many fans of the TM OVA series consider Ai Tenchi Muyo to be it's own canon as it is not Kajishima-sensei's work, the idea that Washu sometimes even did it accidentally is fitting of her character.  She mainly chooses not to because the Galaxy Alliance makes such a huge deal out of it.

Speculation: Having a chamber for temporal isolation would not be an issue for her.  In fact, I can't see her NOT having one.  She would very likely use it for special experiments that require something to be isolated from causality for a while.

All that said, the way I would see it going down would be like this:

Hyoga, knowing how important Setsuna is, goes to check on the Outer Senshi.

Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru would have the situation well in-hand - Hotaru sees to keeping her body replenished and refreshed through her healing power, and they all work together on other things like her hygiene.

Hyoga, concerned regardless, knows Washu-chan might have something to help or cure Setsuna.

From here, it can go one of several ways.  Haruka and Michiru, being distrustful of the angel, tell her to GTFO.  Or they say No Way Jose to the idea of involving Washu-chan.

It's possible they could be convinced, but they would likely wish to remain in the isolation chamber with her, just to make sure she's alright.

Once they know she's okay though, they would wind up relaxing some.  Which would mean you'd need something else to get them wound up again.

All of that said....

I feel that I have now done my due diligence in advising you, and I will hold my peace on this particular matter from here on out.  What you do from here is your choice, but I would also advise you check with Brent and Bob to see what they think of the matter.  Bob has a very good understanding of the SM characters, and Brent understands how people do the people thing well enough to spot something that doesn't fly in deconstruction.

There is one other thing that I feel I must ask about:

Why are we bothering to make a production out of my character suddenly disappearing from the setting?

I'm not really upset about it... but I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it.  I don't really need this sort of thing in order to soften the blow, so to speak.  I'm more worried that it would confuse the readers.

I'm actually kinda torn about it.  Having this would make for something I can use for my own work.  But at the same time, it would also mean having to take credit for this project.  Which I would prefer to only do as a sort of open secret.  It was an embarrassment for me to flip out on everyone the way I did, even if I have come to accept that I have made a horrible mistake in doing so, even if I have apologized and made reparations, and even if you guys have accepted those apologies and reparations and granted me foregiveness.

I know I'm screwed up in the head, but that doesn't make what I did water under the bridge for any reason whatsoever.  Autistic people who act like horrible human beings and use their diagnosis as some kind of shield to hide behind are fucking pieces of shit in my eyes.  Being autistic is no excuse for not bettering yourself.  Just as me being an abuse survivor is no excuse for me to not do the same.

So I suppose that's why I feel its best to not be credited for TNB.  It's my own self-imposed penance for letting my emotions get the better of me.

I know that someone would only have to dig through here to see my involvement, but once they ask, I can pull them aside and say, "Yes, that was me, but I had some real bad Hideaki Anno kinda issues back there, so if you'd not make a big deal out of it, I'd appreciate it."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT][ARC 1] Planning for Season 1 - The Retcon - by Black Aeronaut - 05-20-2022, 03:45 AM