Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Prompt]Elephant Sightings #024. Spotted on Mars
[Prompt]Elephant Sightings #024. Spotted on Mars
Welcome to another edition of Elephant Sightings

Now then, there's been a stir in the defense industry over these spy shots taken at a test-range on Mars. Now then, I'm opening the question to the floor.

What is this thing?

[Image: 63MfsKr.jpg]

Beside it's a target drone so it's clearly supposed to be a combat craft of some sort, but I've never seen anything at all like this. L
So, first and formost, we have no obvious cockpit. Now, we have space towards the nose that could be a cockpit and would definitely be large enough to fit a pilot but no overt openings. That means one of two things. Either it has some sort of VR interior cockpit, or it's a drone. A VR cockpit could mean a lot of interesting things and I've heard through the back channels that at leat two or three of the major manufacturers are working on something just like it. Because only one manufacturer I know has that sort of drone technology.

It seems to be some sort of lifting body with truncated wings. Two obvious engines beneath fairs and a very deliberate dedication to Stealth technology. This is clearly a fairly adavanced piece of kit, whomever's behind it.

Anyway, for the time being, we're going to call it the Bodkin. Because it kind of looks like one. At least until I get a better name for what it is or what it can do. Or who built it. But somebody out there's building some advanced kit, and I have to wonder who, and why?

Until next time. Keep a watch out for those Elephants.

----

(Because just sticking an image link in the other thread seemed a bit dull. I thought it'd be nice to give people a little something to jump off if they want to start a story. Next poster can set the date, timeframe or tell what it is.)

Messages In This Thread
[Prompt]Elephant Sightings #024. Spotted on Mars - by Dartz - 09-05-2015, 10:06 PM
[No subject] - by Cobalt Greywalker - 09-05-2015, 11:09 PM
[No subject] - by Rajvik - 09-06-2015, 12:17 AM
[No subject] - by Threepony - 09-06-2015, 12:32 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 09-06-2015, 01:46 AM
[No subject] - by JakeGrey - 09-06-2015, 04:45 AM
[No subject] - by Matrix Dragon - 09-06-2015, 05:28 AM